Mahathir says M'sia should claim the return of S'pore & Indonesia's Riau Islands

PSP415

Turbocharged
Just now, Turboflat4 said:

I would say God should demand Mad Hatter's return, except He doesn't want him either.

Upstairs downstairs both dun wan, so stuck here

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
6 minutes ago, Etnt said:

Then now good time to sell parts back since shortage at source side?

The Problem..is most Parts sold off before Covid-19...

(edited)

I love that old people are going out and enjoying themselves.

They are being useful and relevant to society.

Ask your hearts if you are recognized as good, how can the misguided see you as evil and if so, there will be a wall of love wherever you go.

You know digging up for postmortem punishment is not unique to man or dogs...

Attacks against a perceived good person might generate random slaps or burn injuries as we well know.

I clap for Dr M. He gets to enjoy his life with his lover still. That is fortune and many blessings.

Average prilots, sigh.

😆

Edited by Datsun366

Turbocharged
(edited)
38 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

There is one thing which people don't seem to take note of and that is brain drain. They are facing serious brain drain due to their race and religion politics.

Many of their non-bumi top students have been deprived of scholarships and uni places. Naturally, many of them look outwards. They move and grow roots on lands other than Malaysia. The MY govt grow the saplings into trees and the trees start to bear fruits, other than on MY soil.

Economic data-wise, malaysia is not doing too badly. That's say a lot about its (wasted) potential. So many problems and issues, one of which you mentioned, and yet still possess enough potential not to sink into becoming economic basket-case in this region. Imagine if they got their act together, what could they not achieve?

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Daryllim1969 said:

The old man should just simply shut up and move on. He always wanted to be respected like LKY in Singapore, but what has he done for MY? Racial disparity, Economic Development lagging, Infra Development? If he has done what LKY has done for Singapore, then I think it is wise to seek his views and opinions. Don't know why he kept appearing in the news and for the wrong reasons. 

Someone told me a joke about him and LKY many years back, when I was in my early twenties, here it goes:

"One day, Dr. M and LKY decided to go on a fishing trip. During fishing, Dr. M starts boasting about MY building new cars and how it will bring in more money. He even rubbed it in on LKY saying that SG always say that they are good at everything, why then SG don't build your own cars? 

LKY turn around, smile sheepishly and replied: SG is no good at technical stuffs, Car Building are too expensive and labour intensive for SG. What SG knows best is to milk a cow without having to rear one. 

Dr. M didn't get it and asked LKY to elaborate. LKY replied: "I don't need to build a Car Making Industry to make money. All I need is to print some paper certificates and I can bring in more money than you starting a Car Making Industry." Dr. M still didn't get it and asked:"So what's that?"

LKY replied: "It's something we call COE!" 

The rest is history, bros.    

This fishing trip really take place ah? hahaha. 

• Praise 1

11 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Economic data-wise, malaysia is not doing too badly. That's say a lot about its (wasted) potential. So many problems and issues, one of which you mentioned, and yet still possess enough potential not to sink into becoming economic basket-case in this region. Imagine if they got their act together, what could they not achieve?

Agree. With their many natural resources, if managed well, it can have great achievements. They have great potential..

• Praise 1

Just now, Fitvip said:

Agree. With their many natural resources, if managed well, it can have great achievements. They have great potential..

Malaysia has fallen into Middle-Income trap where higher-value job was not created.  That resulted in stagnant starting pay.

FW has been working on these natural resources for a long time.

In a way, it is neither here nor there.

On the other hand, there is a large black market economy, especially in the gaming sector.

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
(edited)
22 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Malaysia has fallen into Middle-Income trap where higher-value job was not created.  That resulted in stagnant starting pay.

FW has been working on these natural resources for a long time.

In a way, it is neither here nor there.

On the other hand, there is a large black market economy, especially in the gaming sector.

The industrial landscape there is like SG in the 90s - manufacturing widgets, making electronics, consumer products, all of which now can be cheaply done in developing countries around like thailand, vietnam.

High-tech is bitcoin mining [laugh] illegally

Edited by Sosaria
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged
(edited)
38 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

I have long realised that not everyone wants to fulfil their potential. Some people prefers to have a slower pace of work culture, more time with family and never mind if lesser pay and afford less. 

Similarly, some countries and their citizens prefers that.  They could have work much harder and achieve more, but that's not what they want because they place values in other areas .

Still their economy & infrastructure is better than most countries out there......so as long they are happy, then good for them.

Edited by Starry
  • Praise 2

1 hour ago, Turboflat4 said:

I would say God should demand Mad Hatter's return, except He doesn't want him either.

Alamak...his creator also got no return policy...😁

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Datsun366 said:

I love that old people are going out and enjoying themselves.

They are being useful and relevant to society.

Ask your hearts if you are recognized as good, how can the misguided see you as evil and if so, there will be a wall of love wherever you go.

You know digging up for postmortem punishment is not unique to man or dogs...

Attacks against a perceived good person might generate random slaps or burn injuries as we well know.

I clap for Dr M. He gets to enjoy his life with his lover still. That is fortune and many blessings.

Average prilots, sigh.

😆

He may be gunning to beat this couple in China...😂

https://www.hindustantimes.com/trending/chinas-oldest-couple-celebrate-their-90th-anniversary-watch-heartwarming-video-101647149892698.html

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CbBY36XFIgq/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=b2ffe73d-e84e-4732-b687-a067cb1f5141&ig_mid=DA08D34E-A131-4C95-8F7B-C90869E2212E

Twincharged
2 hours ago, Starry said:

I have long realised that not everyone wants to fulfil their potential. Some people prefers to have a slower pace of work culture, more time with family and never mind if lesser pay and afford less. 

Similarly, some countries and their citizens prefers that.  They could have work much harder and achieve more, but that's not what they want because they place values in other areas .

Still their economy & infrastructure is better than most countries out there......so as long they are happy, then good for them.

Well let’s see how far they can decline. 

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Starry said:

But they (or at least their politicians) don’t sound happy

(edited)
1 minute ago, Etnt said:

I believe ppl in Kelantan are happy despite being the most backward state.

It is the only state that is governed by a religious political party.

Edited by inlinesix

Supercharged
(edited)
51 minutes ago, Etnt said:

Haha..bro...it is just human nature to complain and grumble la. The locals here do it all the time too.

Edited by Starry

9 hours ago, mikk123 said:

RM to SGD will be 1 to 4 soon. 

I suggest we take over Malaysia instead. I am sure the citizen there will be happy to part of Singapore and living HDB and have a good job. 😁

And take away the cheap petrol and shopping in JB for Singkies?!? That's blasphemy!😁

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2