Parkroyal Pickering Apologises For Rejecting Same-Sex Couple’s Request To Hold Wedding

Fcw75

Turbocharged
(edited)
3 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Easier to watch women french kiss each other on stage than 2 grown men doing the same? 

Nothing against gay people but i am conditioned to accept 2 women kissing each other but not men doing the same. 😂

Was going to say that girl-on-girl is quite a popular AV genre, almost seems normal - but then realize got gay pron also ...... ewwwwww... [laugh]

Edited by Sosaria
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3

(edited)
1 hour ago, Watwheels said:

Waiting for sg leaders to lead by example. 😁

You mean sg leeders? I thought  they did ? Or he did...... she did....heshe did .... ooops i am confused.

Edited by Ct3833

4 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Parkroyal Collection Pickering Apologises For Turning Down Lesbian Couple’s Wedding Request

Prout noted that while Singapore does not recognise same-sex marriages, having a same-sex wedding is not illegal.

https://mustsharenews.com/parkroyal-pickering-reject-couple/?fbclid=IwAR1fHjINLGaB49AmKMxJldvn0IqO_1yGMq-9kkY6f4Mkqd3feT9NNBs0jSU&fs=e&s=cl

Pushing the boundaries?

tiagong their management is from FOTR. Should ban such organizations.

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

If the management does not support same sex marrying, just reject the booking up front, why must apologise? 

Don’t apologize next year pink dot they don’t use the hotel liao. 🤣

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
15 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

tiagong their management is from FOTR. Should ban such organizations.

what's FOTR? Fellowship Of The Ring (Lord of the rings)?

• Haha! 3

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Watwheels said:

Tiao kang wan lah. Make a big deal out of it cos of the 377 law. Get attention mah.

Tbh they are a small community. Majority ppl who are straight here wont give a hoot.

would it even be in the news if the hotel didn't initially reject their private event?

1 hour ago, Sosaria said:

Was going to say that girl-on-girl is quite a popular AV genre, almost seems normal - but then realize got gay pron also ...... ewwwwww... [laugh]

Really? I have never seen one.  Wahaha...

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, SGCMmadman said:

Lucky i not the hotel owner, i will say my wish, my hotel, .. limpeh sure kena chase from hong lim to jurong n kena whack by gays. 🤪🤐🙉🙊🙈

where do we draw the line on customer service in the commercial world?

if bring personal beliefs/ethics into it, then there's a huge can of worms liao

what if the clients are from mixed-race marriage? or old man, young wife (or vice versa)? or mail-order-bride? or people from a certain race/religion? or whatever personal lines drawn in the sand the business owner may have?

as long as it's not illegal in the eyes of the law (such as underage marriage), very difficult to justify rejection on commercial terms. 

for reference, this is what happened in the US of A:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/supreme-court/narrow-ruling-supreme-court-gives-victory-baker-who-refused-make-n872946

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-court-cake-idUSKCN1TI1MQ

• Praise 4

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

If the management does not support same sex marrying, just reject the booking up front, why must apologise? 

this is Park Royal, part of Pan-Pac group. 

what if a same-sex couple want to book hotel room or have a meal in their restaurant? also reject?

• Praise 2

That's right throwing away profit.

:D

The colour of lesbian money different is it.

If 2 lesbians want to come for couple massage I never say no.

If 2 lesbians want to come to buy car I never say no.

The colour of their money is the same.

27 minutes ago, Shibadog said:

what if a same-sex couple want to book hotel room or have a meal in their restaurant? also reject?

• Haha! 1

(edited)
32 minutes ago, Shibadog said:

as long as they book room quietly, why would the hotel want to reject?  but I would leave it to the hotel to decide, my point is there is no need to be apologetic, be it royal and pan cake. 😄

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

If I have a hotel and 2 lesbians want to check in to have wild lesbian sex I welcome then with open

I think I need to open a hotel that welcomes and not turn away lesbians.

Turbocharged
9 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

as long as they book room quietly, why would the hotel want to reject?  but I would leave it to the hotel to decide, my point is there is no need to be apologetic, be it royal and pan cake. 😄

did u even read the hotel's apology?

they apologized precisely because it was not hotel policy to reject such events. 

the individual that sent the initial rejection was possibly doing it out of his/her own ill-considered prejudices. 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Shibadog said:

did u even read the hotel's apology?

they apologized precisely because it was not hotel policy to reject such events. 

the individual that sent the initial rejection was possibly doing it out of his/her own ill-considered prejudices. 

Not necessarily true. The person may have misconstrued the fact that section 377a implies also that anything LGBTQ is not allowed in public, much less hosted by the hotel. But 377a does not outlaw tofu vs tofu, only banana vs banana, if you read through it.

Anyway, in short, the current situation is confusing for the laymen. Who bothers to read the details? They only know such law exists, just hazy knowledge.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Haha! 3

2 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Maybe because the management doesn't own the hotel?

Is it the owner who doesn't want same sex marriages in their hotel? Or some manager?

Turbocharged
12 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Not necessarily true. The person may have misconstrued the fact that section 377a implies also that anything LGBTQ is not allowed in public, much less hosted by the hotel. But 377a does not outlaw tofu vs tofu, only banana vs banana, if you read through it.

Anyway, in short, the current situation is confusing for the laymen. Who bothers to read the details? They only know such law exists, just hazy knowledge.

thus the inclusion of the word "possibly" in my sentence.

your reasoning is the same as the one posted by the hotel's media/corp comms person - damage control.

the person sending the initial rejection would be responsible for knowing what's legal or not to be conducted in the hotel's premises. It's pretty much a requirement to do the job. Turning down a business opportunity is not an easy decision. The person should have checked with higher-ups before rejecting it, if it was due to ignorance rather than prejudice.

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Sosaria said:

Ignorance is not a defence.

In any case, minister already said 377A will not be enforced, and discrimination against LGBTQ is not allowed.

• Praise 1

8 hours ago, Jamesc said:

If I have a hotel and 2 lesbians want to check in to have wild lesbian sex I welcome then with open

I think I need to open a hotel that welcomes and not turn away lesbians.

Tot you were in the hospitality bizness …… JamesHospitalityREITs 🤣🤣 on SGX ticker JSEX

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1