Petrol cheat or just super blur

Mkl22

Twincharged

Just pumped at SPC and witness this scene. 
cashier called a customer back asking him exactly which pump he paid for. 
cashier said that another customer(2nd) says his is pump3, so is his really pump3? 
the 1st customer then said his is pump4 after looking at his car parked and some prompting from the cashier. He didn’t seem to sound that apologetic. 

Note that at this SPC there is only one single row of pumps and all the cars are facing the cashier, meaning there is no pump behind which is blocked. 
the cashier also mentioned that she did ask if his car was a black car (Vellfire) at pump3 and he said yes, before she did the transaction.  His own car was a silver vezel at pump4. 
the other thing was that the bill at pump3 was $85 vs $180 at pump4. 
In the end the cashier corrected the payment voiding the earlier payment of $85 and then charging 1st customer $180.

i mean if one pumps a full tank regularly, wouldn’t the huge difference have rung alarm bells in one’s head when it came to payment. if maybe the guy was an old man, he would have been blur, but this was someone probably in his late 30s to early 40s at most. Hard to believe he could be so blur.

so was he out to cheat? 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6
  • Haha! 3

7 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

cashier said that another customer(2nd) says his is pump3, so is his really pump3? 
the 1st customer then said his is pump4 after looking at his car parked and some prompting from the cashier. He didn’t seem to sound that apologetic. 

Note that at this SPC there is only one single row of pumps and all the cars are facing the cashier, meaning there is no pump behind which is blocked. 
the cashier also mentioned that she did ask if his car was a black car (Vellfire) at pump3 and he said yes, before she did the transaction.  His own car was a silver vezel at pump4. 
In the end the cashier corrected the payment voiding the earlier payment of $85 and then charging 1st customer $180.

i mean if one pumps a full tank regularly, wouldn’t the huge difference have rung alarm bells in one’s head when it came to payment. if maybe the guy was an old man, he would have been blur, but this was someone probably in his late 30s to early 40s at most. Hard to believe he could be so blur.

so was he out to cheat? 

I thought vezel tank is 50L?

How to pump 54L @$3.35/l?

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

Twincharged
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Brass said:

Or maybe I heard wrongly, $118? Or he could have filled 98. 
the Vellfire was a PHV. 

Edited by Mkl22

1 minute ago, Mkl22 said:

Or maybe I heard wrongly, $118? Or he could have filled 98. 

Must be loaded to fill 98.

The latter sounds more plausible.

• Praise 1

(edited)

only fuel 10 is trickster

🙈🙉🙊

me always can't remember where I park,which pump I refill, when I top up cash card, getting old almost dementia already 😭😭😭

since me tio COVID follow by dengue memory lagi worse than before 😤😤😤

Edited by Inlinefour
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

15 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

I only pump at Shell, and I always look back to check the exact pump before I head in to pay. 

Me too...ever since after one attendent told me it's pump numbar satu but when I looked at the pump kiosk it stated as dua...luckily I remembered that seeing is believing as taught in plantmanytree...😂

• Haha! 5

(edited)
1 hour ago, Brass said:

I thought Vezel's tank is only 40 litres while Vellfire's is 75 litres.

Honda Vezel 2021 Vin's Auto Edition 1.5 G (A)

Engine & Transmission 

Engine Capacity1,496 cc

Engine Type4-cylinder in-line DOHC i-VTEC

Measurements 

Vehicle TypeSUV

Seating Capacity5

Dimensions (L x W x H)(4330 x 1790 x 1580) mm

Wheelbase2,610 mm

Min Turning Radiusunknown

Kerb Weightunknown

Fuel Tank Capacity40 L

Toyota Vellfire 2.5 X 8-Seater (A)

Engine & Transmission 

Engine Capacity2,493 cc

Engine Type4-cylinder in-line 16-valve DOHC

Fuel TypePetrol

Measurements 

Vehicle TypeMPV

Seating Capacity8

Dimensions (L x W x H)(4935 x 1850 x 1935) mm

Wheelbase3,000 mm

Min Turning Radius5,600 mm

Kerb Weight2,360 kg

Fuel Tank Capacity75 L

Boot/Cargo Capacity148 L

Edited by Fitvip
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

so was he out to cheat? 

Hard to resist. 

What do you think? 

😁😅😅

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Miscomm maybe.

I recently wanted to pump just enough to meet 3/4 level as I was driving into JB. I estimated maybe $15 and so told the attendant. Realised my mistake just as i entered the shop... who would ask for fifteen dollars? Turned to look at pump and sure enough it was climbing to $50. 

• Haha! 1

12 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

Hard to resist. 

What do you think? 

😁😅😅

I will give the customer benefit of doubt. If he has wanted to cheat he wouldn't has made payment in the first place. Likely is the cashier " heard/pump cashier key" wrongly and charged the first customer for the wrong pump. 

I would be agigated as well if I was been called back to make or amend another payment.

1 hour ago, Benarsenal said:

Maybe they should make customer recite your car's VRN to double confirm. 😅

On top of the pump nos I always cite the car colour. 

• Praise 2

11 minutes ago, Kopites said:

I will give the customer benefit of doubt. If he has wanted to cheat he wouldn't has made payment in the first place. Likely is the cashier " heard/pump cashier key" wrongly and charged the first customer for the wrong pump. 

I would be agigated as well if I was been called back to make or amend another payment.

I would except for a nagging point - 

1. He was asked if car is black when his is silver. 

I may not be sure of the pump number but I am quite sure I will know my car's colour, unless it's not mine or its a rental or maybe stolen. 

😂😂

Some ppl, not saying its like that here, will try their "luck". Not my fault if I underpaid, its the cashier's responsibility. I got go in to pay what, who say I cheat?! 

Its a totally different matter if one overpaid. Can become a post on social media to avoid such-a-such petrol station or so and so cashier. Out to cheat! Be warned! 

😂😂

All sorts of ppl and all sorts of patterns. 

It definitely helps if he was busy with handphone (distracted) or was really apologetic (oops, I thought pump price came down, by alot too. Fat hope, of course 😁

I hope this driver will remember the colour and model of his car as soon as possible. 😂

Stay safe 

Cheers 

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 3

Twincharged
3 hours ago, Benarsenal said:

Maybe they should make customer recite your car's VRN to double confirm. 😅

Like reciting ic number before vaccination. 

• Haha! 3

My thought is this. Pump 3 and pump 4 are back to back if I am correct. If he had the intention to cheat, unless he had gone over to see how much the Vellfire has refueled, it would be foolish to assume that it had taken less fuel than his Vezel's as the Vellfire is a much bigger car, thus a bigger tank. 

5 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

so was he out to cheat? 

Few dollars HDB parking also cheat.

180 vs 85 my MIL says what do you think?

:D

I really cannot stand her.

She think she minister or what?

• Haha! 4

My MIL says the clincher is

the cashier also mentioned that she did ask if his car was a black car (Vellfire) at pump3 and he said yes, before she did the transaction.  His own car was a silver vezel at pump4. 

:D

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1