Petrol cheat or just super blur

Mkl22

6 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

The worst to to pump $20 and ended up full tank cos attendant not doing their job. JB trip lose Liao...

Thats why I always DIY, not that I could help it.

It's always the case where I inserted the nozzle and the attendant then come forward and ask, “full tank"?

Diao......

Can pre-set the amount. I now do this more frequently. Key in the preset amount and the pump will auto stop. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

(edited)
18 hours ago, Karoon said:

Miscomm maybe.

I recently wanted to pump just enough to meet 3/4 level as I was driving into JB. I estimated maybe $15 and so told the attendant. Realised my mistake just as i entered the shop... who would ask for fifteen dollars? Turned to look at pump and sure enough it was climbing to $50. 

Usually I will always tell them those -teen numbers again in Malay or say One Five just to reconfirm (my preambree tree education )

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

Always DIY to pump. Finished pumping, look up the the kiosk number. No mistake one. You see the final total amount ($) pumped too. 

• Praise 6

10 hours ago, Vratenza said:

True story:

Was at one of those large Shell station that has the pumps all lined up linearly all the way to #12 or #14. 

Finished my refuelling and walked quite a distance to the cashier. My car is out of direct sight from the cashier side. 

When it was my turn, I told the cashier: " pump 12, 98 full tank"

Cashier uncle looked at his cctv screen and replied: " the sports car right?" 

I was thrown off for a moment as my idea of a sports car being low and wide coupes like cars eg ferrari/lambo/911/mclaren.

Me: "erm, it is a red mini... " 

Cashier: "ahh ok, correct lah, the red sports car" 

😅 luckily no one was within earshot at that point in time.... 

The uncle is not wrong le.

People used to describe driving a Mini is like driving a F1 car as the floor is so close to the tarmac. It is a pity the Mini doesn't use the Sport label.😁

20 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

Just pumped at SPC and witness this scene. 
cashier called a customer back asking him exactly which pump he paid for. 
cashier said that another customer(2nd) says his is pump3, so is his really pump3? 
the 1st customer then said his is pump4 after looking at his car parked and some prompting from the cashier. He didn’t seem to sound that apologetic. 

Note that at this SPC there is only one single row of pumps and all the cars are facing the cashier, meaning there is no pump behind which is blocked. 
the cashier also mentioned that she did ask if his car was a black car (Vellfire) at pump3 and he said yes, before she did the transaction.  His own car was a silver vezel at pump4. 
the other thing was that the bill at pump3 was $85 vs $180 at pump4. 
In the end the cashier corrected the payment voiding the earlier payment of $85 and then charging 1st customer $180.

i mean if one pumps a full tank regularly, wouldn’t the huge difference have rung alarm bells in one’s head when it came to payment. if maybe the guy was an old man, he would have been blur, but this was someone probably in his late 30s to early 40s at most. Hard to believe he could be so blur.

so was he out to cheat? 

Yes, out to cheat of course. 

These days, from what I see on the roads, in my estate, from the chao kuan behavior of people around me, I do not think there are any good saints left around. 

Everyone is out to take advantage of each other if they can - if the cashier by mistake said wrong pump, which works to the advantage of the car owner, you can be sure the bugger will take that and roll with it. 

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
25 minutes ago, Comage said:

Yes, out to cheat of course. 

These days, from what I see on the roads, in my estate, from the chao kuan behavior of people around me, I do not think there are any good saints left around. 

Everyone is out to take advantage of each other if they can - if the cashier by mistake said wrong pump, which works to the advantage of the car owner, you can be sure the bugger will take that and roll with it. 

That's sad but true. Hard times will bring out the worst in many people. Survival instinct. That's why i always try see how people behave in bad times. In good times, easy to be kind, charitable etc. 

• Praise 1

49 minutes ago, Gizmore said:

Always DIY to pump. Finished pumping, look up the the kiosk number. No mistake one. You see the final total amount ($) pumped too. 

I got another true incident to share, this time round involving the pump attendant...

When I was driving my legacy 2.5GT, did a decat and stage 2 tune, the tuner only mapped in a 98RON map.....

So one day when going to my usual Shell petrol station, the uncle I have seen a couple of times, told him "98 Full Tank" and then proceed to the aircon minimart/cashier to do some last minute "shopping".

After a while, the uncle hurriedly came into the minimart and approached me, repeatedly apologizing because he only realized he pumped by car with 95RON after the fact. I was pretty pissed off but did not want to escalate it it further as it was an honest mistake on the uncle's part. I am sure he would have been penalized financially if the management had to handle any complaints from myself. I just paid up and went off but not before telling the uncle to be more careful next time.

I had to drive really gingerly for the duration of that full tank or risk damaging my engine in the long run with the engine detonation. That was the most sian period of my whole car ownership experience.😑

From then onwards, my default is to wave the pump attendant off to pump myself unless the attendant already unscrewed by fuel cap when I exit the car.

• Praise 3
  • Shocked 2

Encountered such cheapo before, in Singapore (Shell Kallang). 

Pumped $50 myself as was heading to Senai for work meeting. Stepped aside to answer a call before I headed over to the cashier. When I proceed to make payment later, was told it was already paid!!

Instead of feeling happy (that someone paid for my petrol), I highlighted immediately that it should be a mistake by the other party. Cashier made announcement through the PA system and just then, we saw a 50+/- yo guy hurried to his lorry. Cashier act fast by getting the other pump attendants to stop him. 

Cut the story short, his own bill is >$130 and he reluctantly paid the difference in cash in front of me, and keep mumbling that the cashier told him it was $50 when he made payment. The cashier throwed back this statement: "Uncle, I ask if you are driving a car or lorry and you said car..." 

• Praise 6
  • Haha! 8

28 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Pumped $50 myself as was heading to Senai for work meeting. Stepped aside to answer a call before I headed over to the cashier. When I proceed to make payment later, was told it was already paid!!

Instead of feeling happy (that someone paid for my petrol), I highlighted immediately that it should be a mistake by the other party. Cashier made announcement through the PA system and just then, we saw a 50+/- yo guy hurried to his lorry. Cashier act fast by getting the other pump attendants to stop him. 

Cut the story short, his own bill is >$130 and he reluctantly paid the difference in cash in front of me, and keep mumbling that the cashier told him it was $50 when he made payment. The cashier throwed back this statement: "Uncle, I ask if you are driving a car or lorry and you said car..." 

Diesal so expensive ah?😅

2 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

I tink maybe it's correct becos he drives a lorry like a car...no 70kph limit one 😁

• Haha! 2

Twincharged
3 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

so looks like the vezel fella might be trying the same trick then. purposely say wrong pump and then see how much difference. if end up more then his own, then correct the cashier.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
On 6/26/2022 at 7:36 PM, Jamesc said:

Few dollars HDB parking also cheat.

180 vs 85 my MIL says what do you think?

:D

I really cannot stand her.

She think she minister or what?

From your grouses, I supposed she is your Home Affairs Minister. Your home, literally speaking.😁

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
21 hours ago, Vratenza said:

True story:

Was at one of those large Shell station that has the pumps all lined up linearly all the way to #12 or #14. 

Finished my refuelling and walked quite a distance to the cashier. My car is out of direct sight from the cashier side. 

I was thrown off for a moment as my idea of a sports car being low and wide coupes like cars eg ferrari/lambo/911/mclaren.

😄You should be delighted! The cashier got good taste!😄

21 hours ago, Vratenza said:

Sorry pal, these just came to my mind... :D

719EhqQsx7L._SL1200_.jpg

sc600x600.jpg

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 11

with the current technology/digitalized world, it only shows your IQ if you think you can really get away with such tricks/stunt.

(edited)

On 6/26/2022 at 11:41 PM, Vratenza said:

True story:

Cashiers, although they work in petrol kiosks may not be familiar with cars models and makes. My encounter is after pumping my light silver Toyota Estima at pump 4 at SPC, I went in to queue and told the cashier "pump 4". Then she asked "The white car?". I said "No, the silver one". It really looks like white under the bright environment from our angle inside when I turned my head. Then she said "it looked like white". So both of us confirmed "ya, the look like white one, big car number XXXX, $160". 

So, always give them the benefit of doubt, help to confirm car (size, colour, pattern, number, etc). No mis-comm, everyone happy. 

Cheers!

Edited by Wormee
  • Praise 7