Road trip to M'sia post Covid

_Sam_

Hi everyone, I am planning a trip to  Cameron Highlands later in the year. Not the first time driving up but am just concerned about the recent changes post Covid. Hearsay now need to pay kopi money if go through customs especially if travelling with family. Any bros know if this is true?

↡ Advertisement

No need kopi money. Now is like pre covid time since no special insurance needed. Customs also won't bother to see your vaccination status but better bring along hard copy to be safe.

So many mcf members here went into jb during recent father's day weekend, including myself. 

I am scratching my head after reading what you said. Pay what? And what vaccination hard copy? I also no print or bring. We only bring our passports and the new TnG card. Didnt even see a tp there during our stay at jb. Cant say about the journey to Cameron.

Good luck and drive safe.

Internal Moderator

I'm a Malaysian and recently drove a Singapore registered vehicle, travel from SG - JB - KL - Ipoh - Genting, all smooth smooth.

Just beware of the speed camera on the highway and remain queued during the jam towards Msia checkpoint ba. The Msia TP very hardworking catching ppl who cut queue on the causeway.

• Praise 6
  • Haha! 1

@Ceecookie Good idea, I will monitor and see if should still bring at the end of the year

@Watwheels Ya I think JB quite open to visitors from SG. After all, we bring in a lot of $$ to shop there. I am just more concerned about up north especially near KL where there used to be quite a number of opportunistic police officers

7 minutes ago, SuPerBoRed said:

want to go .. . dont scared .. 
scared ... then dont go .. 

mental preparation simi?? 

Just need to mentally prepare to be stopped by thirsty bolehland mata...help quench the thirst or not is optional...😁

@SuPerBoRed I havent been inside since 2 years ago that's why asking the rest, not all of us are as fearless as you are. Personally, I have no fear going alone since I have driven up to the Thai border but am more worried for family travelling together.

• Praise 1

35 minutes ago, _Sam_ said:

@Ceecookie Good idea, I will monitor and see if should still bring at the end of the year

@Watwheels Ya I think JB quite open to visitors from SG. After all, we bring in a lot of $$ to shop there. I am just more concerned about up north especially near KL where there used to be quite a number of opportunistic police officers

I always see opportunistic police officers along 2nd Link rather than KL.

The further you are from SG, the lesser Singaporean.  Why would they waste their effort?

Make no sense.

• Haha! 1

@inlinesix Lesser chance of getting caught for the mata ma. I have only driven through 2nd link once in my 2 years of every weekend going there so not aware of the situation there. 

using WAZE is suppose to be useful for camera location. But the notification is too short prior to reaching the spot. Eg 400m away??

by the time it alerted me, i would have zoom past as no time and too dangerous to react. How i know?? I saw thunder flash behind me only to realize that its something else. 🙄

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Just now, Hamburger said:

using WAZE is suppose to be useful for camera location. But the notification is too short prior to reaching the spot. Eg 400m away??

by the time it alerted me, i would have zoom past as no time and too dangerous to react. How i know?? I saw thunder flash behind me only to realize that its something else. 🙄

There is 4 big big yellow signboard before stationary speed camera.

Can drive Bezza heel-toe up down Cameron already what for scared this that. It's only just next door msia. So early ask now, who knows what new things gonna happen.

Many here hv been n back.

😂

(edited)
1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

I always see opportunistic police officers along 2nd Link rather than KL.

The further you are from SG, the lesser Singaporean.  Why would they waste their effort?

Make no sense.

Their mata quite active up to Tangkak area in my  pre-COVID experience. That's almost 200 km out from sg. 

Further on out, quite safe. 

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 2

50 minutes ago, Unfazed said:

Can drive Bezza heel-toe up down Cameron already what for scared this that. It's only just next door msia. So early ask now, who knows what new things gonna happen.

Many here hv been n back.

😂

Going up/down Cameron must give way to Pickup.  A lot of Cameronian pick-up are modded.

In addition, they overtake aggressively.

• Praise 1

(edited)
3 hours ago, _Sam_ said:

Hearsay now need to pay kopi money if go through customs especially if travelling with family.

Wonder where u hear such things. Lmao

I went there earlier this month. Had a good experience the whole time

Edited by Lotr
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1