Road trip to M'sia post Covid

_Sam_

Turbocharged

entering and driving in Msia is back to the good old days.

entering Thai (by land) slightly more troublesome but that will pass on 1st July. Bukit Kayu Hitam was the clearest i've ever seen. Literally drove up to the counters without queue.

pic taken on Monday, 27th June  😁

939876704_WhatsAppImage2022-06-27at9_56_45AM.thumb.jpeg.c17d1e794f30d212664ab89eecd16801.jpeg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Twincharged
14 hours ago, inlinesix said:

If passport holders don't check, it is their fault.

Regardless of which country travelled to, make sure to check it.

Don't assume it will be done.

I always tag the entry stamp for immigration officer.

Ya, Singaporeans naive and lazy lor. Serve them right to get detained! Checking takes a few seconds. 

• Praise 2

On 6/27/2022 at 10:34 AM, Hamburger said:

using WAZE is suppose to be useful for camera location. But the notification is too short prior to reaching the spot. Eg 400m away??

by the time it alerted me, i would have zoom past as no time and too dangerous to react. How i know?? I saw thunder flash behind me only to realize that its something else. 🙄

Use a different car for your subsequent visit.🤐

• Haha! 1

21 hours ago, Cook123 said:

Hi

where to get TNG card in sg?

or inside Msia then get?

Thanks !

Get the NFC enabled TnG, can top up via app. The normal TnG need to top up in Malaysia

Have to buy from resellers though. Understand it is OOS in Malaysia,probably all sold to the resellers

On 6/27/2022 at 12:12 PM, inlinesix said:

Going up/down Cameron must give way to Pickup.  A lot of Cameronian pick-up are modded.

In addition, they overtake aggressively.

All these big ass pick up trucks are real big brothers at the border crossing, always cutting queue.  They are really not shy about it, squeezing into small gaps and expecting you to give way. Metal to metal, I politely give way.  😅

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi,wanna enquire how much is the toll charges from tuas checkpoint to kuala lumpur been a decade nvr enter malaysia tia

2 hours ago, Dok said:

Hi,wanna enquire how much is the toll charges from tuas checkpoint to kuala lumpur been a decade nvr enter malaysia tia

for a one way, prepare Rm50 (toll) + RM20 (road charge when entering Msia)

On 6/28/2022 at 1:42 AM, Shibadog said:

entering and driving in Msia is back to the good old days.

entering Thai (by land) slightly more troublesome but that will pass on 1st July. Bukit Kayu Hitam was the clearest i've ever seen. Literally drove up to the counters without queue.

pic taken on Monday, 27th June  😁

939876704_WhatsAppImage2022-06-27at9_56_45AM.thumb.jpeg.c17d1e794f30d212664ab89eecd16801.jpeg

Hi

I intend to do a road trip from SG to Thailand.

As this is my first time travelling to Thailand by land, do you mind advising me how do I go about in clearing the Sadao Custom?

Is it like clearing Malaysia custom, can just drive up to the Thailand immigration counter and hand all the passports the immigration officer?

I read from the net saying clearing the Thailand checkpoint is a bit messy and passenger need to disembark from the car and walk through the customs.

Thanks.

1 minute ago, Blackaccent said:

Hi

I intend to do a road trip from SG to Thailand.

As this is my first time travelling to Thailand by land, do you mind advising me how do I go about in clearing the Sadao Custom?

Is it like clearing Malaysia custom, can just drive up to the Thailand immigration counter and hand all the passports the immigration officer?

I read from the net saying clearing the Thailand checkpoint is a bit messy and passenger need to disembark from the car and walk through the customs.

Thanks.

now there's a drive through facility at the Thai side in Sadao. No need for passengers to alight and go separate channel like in the old days

easiest way is to stop at Changlun area (in Msia) to get all the thai immigration documents settled. There will be many shops with signboards saying "thai insurance". Stop there, pay a small fee for them to print and fill up the thai immigration documents (white card, passenger manifest). Can also buy the thai insurance and thai sim card at those shops.

at the border area:

1) drive thru msia exit at Bukit Kayu Hitam

2) drive thru method at thai entry at Sadao (this is only immigration). there's a small fee to pay (thb20 or so) at mealtimes.

3) stop about 100m after the passport counters and park there. Walk to the customs building to get a temporary import document for your vehicle. The document is FOC. Do note this customs document will need to be returned upon exit from thailand. Otherwise there's a THB10k fine when you next enter. 

this pic is from the parking area in front of the Thai customs building.

1042776696_WhatsAppImage2022-10-01at21_35_05.thumb.jpeg.970e1ed473b0456bee5ed8369af5e6d1.jpeg

exit process (if u are exiting at Sadao):

1) clear thai immigration. Small fee for mealtime also applies

2) stop at a small hut about 200m after immigration to return the thai customs import document and sign out.

3) drive thru msia immigration

have a good trip!

• Praise 6

My last trip to JB was 2 weeks ago. Yeah no need to show any form of Vaccination status to the Malaysia side. Unless you have visitors from another country ( non Malaysian/ singaporean)going back into singapore in the car.  they have to prepare the paperwork .

Have to get the Touch and Go card. But yeah it’s all sold out in JB.  you can buy from Carosell. Heaps of resellers. Someone got to make some money.

there was no coffee money for the customs , but checking the passports for stamps is a must.

Don’t  try to overtake into the bus at the woodlands check point. There are heaps of police from Malaysia waiting. They come in small motorbikes. We saw heaps of cars getting caught, doesn’t matter if it is singapore or Malaysia plates. It’s $ to them when the catch you in the act.

Generally is quite safe, we were at KSL mall, but parked at the hotel opposite, harder for a tow truck to get in because of low ceiling and tight corners to jack your car off. 

well, many people will tell you how to avoid getting your car stolen. Like turn your wheels all the way to one side when you park. Park in a high human traffic area . I’m not sure about the valet parking. If it is safe, I know it’s about $25 ringgit for the whole day. Gives you peace of mind . But Not sure if they will copy your  keys when you give it to them. Same as sending your car to a cash or polishing place.

But there are only certain cars they  want, I heard the hot car they want  at the moment  is the Ford Raptor. 

• Praise 3

3 hours ago, Shibadog said:

now there's a drive through facility at the Thai side in Sadao. No need for passengers to alight and go separate channel like in the old days

easiest way is to stop at Changlun area (in Msia) to get all the thai immigration documents settled. There will be many shops with signboards saying "thai insurance". Stop there, pay a small fee for them to print and fill up the thai immigration documents (white card, passenger manifest). Can also buy the thai insurance and thai sim card at those shops.

at the border area:

2) drive thru method at thai entry at Sadao (this is only immigration). there's a small fee to pay (thb20 or so) at mealtimes.

3) stop about 100m after the passport counters and park there. Walk to the customs building to get a temporary import document for your vehicle. The document is FOC. Do note this customs document will need to be returned upon exit from thailand. Otherwise there's a THB10k fine when you next enter. 

1042776696_WhatsAppImage2022-10-01at21_35_05.thumb.jpeg.970e1ed473b0456bee5ed8369af5e6d1.jpeg

2) stop at a small hut about 200m after immigration to return the thai customs import document and sign out.

have a good trip!

intending to make a trip in the near future, thanks for the info, wanna see if my gti can make it up to TH and back HAHA

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

7 hours ago, Shibadog said:

at the border area:

have a good trip!

Hi, 

Thank you very much for your clear directions. 

Really appreciate that. 😊

Oh, do we need to alight from the car to take our thumb prints?

Thanks.

Edited by Blackaccent

5 hours ago, Blackaccent said:

Hi, 

Thank you very much for your clear directions. 

Really appreciate that. 😊

Oh, do we need to alight from the car to take our thumb prints?

Thanks.

yes all occupants need to alight, show face, and take finger print (msia side) and take picture (thai side)

also remember to print the "log card" from onemotoring as you'll need it for thai customs declaration.

Also good to pump full tank ron97 at Bukit Kayu Hitam (I prefer BHP) as it's slightly cheaper than Thai ron95.

edit: do note that when exiting Thai and entering Msia, the Msia customs may be quite strict on checking car for contraband (alcohol, drugs).

edit #2: when entering Thai and getting the customs declaration for the car, the customs queue is on the outside of the building. On the left edge of my pic, you can see some metal railings under the overhanging signboards. That's the place to get it done. No need to enter the building. Best to follow the other people stopping there too. Bikes n cars queue at same place. 

Edited by Shibadog
  • Praise 2

9 hours ago, SiLangKia said:

intending to make a trip in the near future, thanks for the info, wanna see if my gti can make it up to TH and back HAHA

do note that Thai petrol is ron95

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1