Bad Repair Experience at MTE Garage

Yeokimchoy

8 minutes ago, Comage said:

I can only say that the boss' advice of changing all 4 injectors is correct - assuming the injectors are indeed at fault here. 

Just like you don't change 1 spark plug at a time. 

And you don't change 1 tyre at a time when it's time to change tyres l. 

And you don't change headlight lamp bulbs 1 at a time... 

For everything else in your account... Can't really say much. 

Agree . But I didn't know that injectors cost so much!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Comage said:

I can only say that the boss' advice of changing all 4 injectors is correct - assuming the injectors are indeed at fault here. 

Just like you don't change 1 spark plug at a time. 

And you don't change 1 tyre at a time when it's time to change tyres l. 

And you don't change headlight lamp bulbs 1 at a time... 

For everything else in your account... Can't really say much. 

Hi Comage

Thanks for your input...

I fully understand your point...but if i will to change 4...I will be poorer by $2500...and God's know if the problem can be solve.

And by God's blessing...I found Gary's and all he did was replace the No.2 injector and bingo...problem gone

So as some bros mentioned...always good to get second opinion...and I'm glad I did 

Kim

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, shrjun said:

Probably best to cultivate a workshop from the get go by doing oil changes and general servicing..etc before approaching them for major repairs.

Less likely to be chopped I feel.

But then an unscrupulous workshop who knows

Hi Shrjun,

Fully agree...in fact just after getting the car from the dealer...they did a service and oil change...but I still proceed to get oil change from a nearby workshop near my place..(changed to Amsoil )...but this workshop do more simple oil change and service...they dont have the computer with Volvo software to check.

Kim

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Watwheels said:

Go small claims claim back your money. Bring all the tax invoice etc to SCT.  Although troublesome you only need to do it once. Dont waste time calling the workshop.

Diesel fuel injector need tools to pull it out. It is not like petrol one which is simpler to pull out. It is also connected to the fuel rail. Could be quite messy spilling diesel in the process. The diesel fuel injector is a delicate part. The fuel is pressurized in it. And cannot have water contact in it. You do not want the insides to rust. So the fuel filter has to be replaced religiously according to schedule. No joke.

Hi Watwheels

Thanks for the info

Kim

"V40 is a cross country, so the specs slightly different from V40"... this does not make sense if both engines are D2.

Better check the part no. first before taking legal action.

• Praise 1

45 minutes ago, Yeokimchoy said:

Hi Thaiyotakamil,

What is OW?

Kim

I tried to sound it out but others just told me to read again. I give up.

1 hour ago, Yeokimchoy said:

Hi Butcher,

Point noted.

I don't write much...more of a viewer in this forum...Great site with so much car info

What pissed me off is the indifference the boss replied to my text....last msg from him..."Do not disturb me at my rest hrs, U can go ahead with any action you want. We will not stop for it"....time text text him was 8.12pm.

When I first text him about sending car for him to check and repair...time was 7.05pm. Got time for new business??

What an arrogant dickhead..

Even those ah beng workshops have better business ethics than this shitty dick..

Think he better service bicycles instead..

• Praise 2

12 minutes ago, Raychay said:

"V40 is a cross country, so the specs slightly different from V40"... this does not make sense if both engines are D2.

Better check the part no. first before taking legal action.

Hi Raychay,

The spec sheet shows both models using same D2 engines.

Only conclusions I think logic is the spare part shop gave them the wrong parts...which is why both times...they changed the injectors with the same problem.

Gary's side changed the correct injector....

Kim

• Praise 1

Twincharged
55 minutes ago, Yeokimchoy said:

Hi Raychay,

The spec sheet shows both models using same D2 engines.

Only conclusions I think logic is the spare part shop gave them the wrong parts...which is why both times...they changed the injectors with the same problem.

Gary's side changed the correct injector....

Kim

Can compare the old part extracted from the engine. Basic procedure also can fail. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Hamburger said:

I tried to sound it out but others just told me to read again. I give up.

I know what you mean, and I did not mean to be rude in my previous post. I know it was "lucky" that for TS here, he only changed 1 injector (which the workshop gave him the wrong one) so it's minimal $ lost there.

Still, I assume the car was bought as a used unit since he mentions it was a 2015 vehicle... and with used vehicles a lot of things can go wrong because the previous owner's maintenance regime is largely a big question mark.

I don't work for the workshop and have no affiliations with it, but I cannot think of a good reason why the workshop would deliberately give a wrong/bad part just to sully their own name. It could jolly well be an honest case of misdiagnosis or a mistake of using an incorrect part - following which a return to the same workshop to "sort it out with them" should really get the problem sorted out, instead of "doctor-hopping" or workshop-hopping in this case.

----------

Cases I have heard before where some guy claimed the workshop cheated him by charging +$50 extra (compared to what other workshops were charging) when all the guy had was an aircon problem. Turns out the guy had a busted compressor - and when the compressor was taken down, the fan belt was found to be in bad condition (cracked and all that) - so the workshop went ahead with a new fan belt replacement - thus explaining the extra +$50. 

Other workshops would've slapped back on using the old fan belt that was gonna break, and charge $50 less. So is such a case considered cheating? Hmmm...

Would also like to hear the workshop's side of story before coming to a conclusion, because oftentimes it is simply a case of miscommunication or misunderstanding (since afterall, TS claims that he knows nuts about the vehicle...).

• Praise 1

If one spark plug is spoilt

You have to change all 4?

Really?

Why?

What's the science of that?

:D

Do people even know why before they just post things like this?

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

Everybody missed why the first workshop service is bad.

Its very simple really.

After they changed the injector

they should run the scan tool

to confirm injector running properly 

job done.

• Praise 2

11 minutes ago, Comage said:

I know what you mean, and I did not mean to be rude in my previous post. I know it was "lucky" that for TS here, he only changed 1 injector (which the workshop gave him the wrong one) so it's minimal $ lost there.

Still, I assume the car was bought as a used unit since he mentions it was a 2015 vehicle... and with used vehicles a lot of things can go wrong because the previous owner's maintenance regime is largely a big question mark.

I don't work for the workshop and have no affiliations with it, but I cannot think of a good reason why the workshop would deliberately give a wrong/bad part just to sully their own name. It could jolly well be an honest case of misdiagnosis or a mistake of using an incorrect part - following which a return to the same workshop to "sort it out with them" should really get the problem sorted out, instead of "doctor-hopping" or workshop-hopping in this case.

----------

Cases I have heard before where some guy claimed the workshop cheated him by charging +$50 extra (compared to what other workshops were charging) when all the guy had was an aircon problem. Turns out the guy had a busted compressor - and when the compressor was taken down, the fan belt was found to be in bad condition (cracked and all that) - so the workshop went ahead with a new fan belt replacement - thus explaining the extra +$50. 

Other workshops would've slapped back on using the old fan belt that was gonna break, and charge $50 less. So is such a case considered cheating? Hmmm...

Would also like to hear the workshop's side of story before coming to a conclusion, because oftentimes it is simply a case of miscommunication or misunderstanding (since afterall, TS claims that he knows nuts about the vehicle...).

Plse let me correct on your points....

Nothing to do with previous owner maintenance regime...when I got the car...all was fine....as mentioned, it did not get the millage as I would expect from a diesel car and this model proven to have very good fuel consumption.

Yes...if you read my post...I text the boss to tell him the problem and went back to him the second time....he was reluctant and keep saying problem persist because I did not change all 4 injectors.

He wanted to charge me again for labour if not his problem which i refused,...he relented and got his guys to check on the injectors again...switching with another new injector...but problem still there....if he had consider the fact the parts were wrong for my car...then he might have solve the problem...but no...he still insist to change 4 injectors was the issue.

I did not go workshop hopping  for the fun stake or to save a buck...I know at the point(after two visits)...they are not able to do it.

I text the second workshop asking him how much to change 3 more injectors(preparing for the worst)....and Gary replied was...nothing wrong with your other injectors...from his diagnose...only the no.2 injector is faulty.....and he was right.

I'm 65 years old...have driven many brand of cars, worked in the automotive industry before(Borneo - Champion plugs and Monroe shock absorbers )  ...might not be a DIY guy....but I know from experienced if the car not running right ....what i can tell you from past experience...brand new Champion plugs direct from USA gives problem....a good mechanic will fault find the problem(this is what the second workshop did)... another will tell you the pistons need to replace.  

Kim

• Praise 8

47 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Everybody missed why the first workshop service is bad.

Its very simple really.

After they changed the injector

they should run the scan tool

to confirm injector running properly 

job done.

Yes....they did, but still cannot find the fault, computer error code still shows no.2 injector, insist need to change 4.

Kim

• Praise 2