Bad Repair Experience at MTE Garage

Yeokimchoy

Twincharged
2 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Injectors last a long time.

Come back every month to change an injector?

How many people have even change one injector?

Who has ever changed injector every month?

:D

Arguing and insisting being right just to save face.

change injector to see which one can piss more.... its a pissing contest!!! 😆

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Comage said:

I read your post many times, but I probably am too stupid to understand what you mean. 

You want to be pedantic about it - yes you are right: If 1 single part suffers premature failure just 1 month after all parts were replaced, sure by all means change just that 1 part. 

Go ahead and change parts selectively if you know what you are doing - this is the bottom line of what I mean. 

But you know I was not referring to that kind of scenario. 

I am referring to the scenario where car owners change parts selectively not because they know the exact history of the car/car part but simply because they want to save a buck. 

But you're a used car dealer - what would you know about the former anyway. Your SOP would follow the latter in order to maximize the profit margins of the used cars you sell. 

This, everyone knows for a fact, but nobody dares to say it out loud to you to piss you off. 

So don't try to find fault with what I say just because I am a personal car owner, and you're a car dealer, and obviously our mindsets towards vehicle maintenance are on opposite ends of the spectrum. 

Hi Comage, Jamesc...

This topic created by me is about my bad experience....

Both of you have come offer opinions which I deeply appreciate.

Both have points which you both respectfully disagree...that's fine

How about we catch up....Kopi or Ang Ji Kau ( stout) on me.....

Kim

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

@Yeokimchoy, just curious, you have been dealing with the boss, does the boss come across to you as a hand-on guy or just a boss?

my ride recently encountered problem with fuel injector (petrol) too, then follow by sensor/actuator errors, then fuel rail (this OMFG was a joke!), petrol leakage (heng never burn down my ride); then change ignition coils, spark plugs blah blah blah...... i came to realise even some of the experienced hands equipped with necessary tools also can make silly and stupid mistakes, anyway mine now settled, all good, moved on with life. just sharing only.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Comage said:

I know what you mean... But with car workshops sometimes, if the 1st one doesn't satisfy you and the 2nd one does, it's pointless to go back to the 1st one try to bang table ask for recourse. 

Simple fact is, the parts already went out in your car, over to the 2nd workshop. Yes you say they fixed your problem, but if you want to return the part - how can the 1st workshop know whether the part was tampered with, or removed correctly when they diagnosed your problem right? 

If I were the 1st workshop boss, I wouldn't take back that part that already went out in your car, but I'd probably give you a small discount the next time you come back for any kind of servicing (if you still dare to go back to them) as PR damage control. 

Anyway glad you solved your problem, and enjoy your ride. 

Your account is not the first and won't be the last around here - personally I buy my own parts and bring to workshop to change. That way, no misunderstandings, no incorrect parts supplied, no unnecessary delays waiting for parts etc. Maybe you can try that next time as well. 

My daughter ordered a Texas meal with an extra biscuit....but they forgot to include it.

See what PR Damage control,... the manager take....she top it up with 3 more biscuits and 2pcs chicken as an apology....this gesture takes the cake for Service Oriented Award.

I do Sales and Operations...trained  my front line staff, customers is always right, ...they are the reasons we have our jobs. (hard at times with unreasonable customers...but if you are Shaolin trained..you will pass thru)

If the boss would say...please bring back the part to me and I will try to talk to the Spare parts shop....I would be delighted see and  a window of closure.

But sadly not...

Kim

• Praise 6

Just now, Yeokimchoy said:

My daughter ordered a Texas meal with an extra biscuit....but they forgot to include it.

See what PR Damage control,... the manager take....she top it up with 3 more biscuits and 2pcs chicken as an apology....this gesture takes the cake for Service Oriented Award.

I do Sales and Operations...trained  my front line staff, customers is always right, ...they are the reasons we have our jobs. (hard at times with unreasonable customers...but if you are Shaolin trained..you will pass thru)

If the boss would say...please bring back the part to me and I will try to talk to the Spare parts shop....I would be delighted see and  a window of closure.

But sadly not...

Kim

C016DA69-5884-4C18-9775-2EFB1BB5419A.jpeg

• Praise 9

28 minutes ago, Ahwhye said:

@Yeokimchoy, just curious, you have been dealing with the boss, does the boss come across to you as a hand-on guy or just a boss?

my ride recently encountered problem with fuel injector (petrol) too, then follow by sensor/actuator errors, then fuel rail (this OMFG was a joke!), petrol leakage (heng never burn down my ride); then change ignition coils, spark plugs blah blah blah...... i came to realise even some of the experienced hands equipped with necessary tools also can make silly and stupid mistakes, anyway mine now settled, all good, moved on with life. just sharing only.

"Hi Ahwhye,

To me...he don't look like a hands on guy

Petrol injectors can be cleaned (if you google, able to find a few workshops specialize in it)..but for diesel injectors....cannot be clean. Need to change.

Lucky in a way for me...just the no.2 injector fault....but cost me $2,224, cold start every morning, tapping knocking sound, worst ride I ever had for a month...almost on the  verge of selling ....lost faith in diesel .

Kim 

Turbocharged
17 minutes ago, Yeokimchoy said:

"Hi Ahwhye,

To me...he don't look like a hands on guy

Petrol injectors can be cleaned (if you google, able to find a few workshops specialize in it)..but for diesel injectors....cannot be clean. Need to change.

Lucky in a way for me...just the no.2 injector fault....but cost me $2,224, cold start every morning, tapping knocking sound, worst ride I ever had for a month...almost on the  verge of selling ....lost faith in diesel .

Kim 

But now that the car is well and fine so hopefully this restored your faith in diesel now. 🙂

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Comage said:

I read your post many times, but I probably am too stupid to understand what you mean. 

You want to be pedantic about it - yes you are right: If 1 single part suffers premature failure just 1 month after all parts were replaced, sure by all means change just that 1 part. 

Go ahead and change parts selectively if you know what you are doing - this is the bottom line of what I mean. 

But you know I was not referring to that kind of scenario. 

I am referring to the scenario where car owners change parts selectively not because they know the exact history of the car/car part but simply because they want to save a buck. 

But you're a used car dealer - what would you know about the former anyway. Your SOP would follow the latter in order to maximize the profit margins of the used cars you sell. 

This, everyone knows for a fact, but nobody dares to say it out loud to you to piss you off. 

So don't try to find fault with what I say just because I am a personal car owner, and you're a car dealer, and obviously our mindsets towards vehicle maintenance are on opposite ends of the spectrum. 

Mate, I tell you something lah.  @Jamesc claim he is many things, car dealer, best friend of Najib, Donald trump, has a mother in law he hates and many things, we eventually know that none of these is true. He is just making these up so that he can create jokes out of it, as a car dealer with hundred of cars, bff of every famous people and how he despise his MIL. They are all made up. So don't take his words or jokes seriously, I don't, and frankly I find them to be stale. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

8 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Good! Later going Star Vista and showing THIS screenshot..... 

hahah…Plse do…on me

kim

• Haha! 2

16 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Good! Later going Star Vista and showing THIS screenshot..... 

Many oredi on the road liao lah...😁

g1Kf.gif

• Haha! 4

I think buy old conti must really budget in a few k for repairs.

Just curious will the SG carmart warranty have covered this kind of problem? If getting a one-year warranty for a few hundred bucks can insure against such problems why not man. Caveat: I am not from SGCM

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

43 minutes ago, Ingenius said:

Mate, I tell you something lah.  @Jamesc claim he is many things, car dealer, best friend of Najib, Donald trump, has a mother in law he hates and many things, we eventually know that none of these is true. He is just making these up so that he can create jokes out of it, as a car dealer with hundred of cars, bff of every famous people and how he despise his MIL. They are all made up. So don't take his words or jokes seriously, I don't, and frankly I find them to be stale. 

Idr 

But he is faithfully contributing interesting points or posts in Reckless Drivers thread and off/on there are some topics where in "rare" moments of enlightenment, gems of wisdom are shared. 😁😅

Those times, I appreciate his faithful efforts and sharing. 

Usually if I sense the start of something stale or about to turn stale, I exercise my eye muscles more. Skip skip skip. That's probably the set of muscles having regular exercises too. Oops. 

I do understand and I too, sometimes will give vent to it via a not too nice comment myself. 

But he can be really funny and entertaining at times, truth be told. Nothing to do with that particular MIL, of course. 😂😂😂😂

Just saying. 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

• Praise 2

(edited)

Smart people know they don't have to  change every part.

My posts are only for smart people.

If people think they know better and want to change out every part

its their money and my posts is not for them. 

My posts are only for smart people that understand the scanguage shows only one injector not working and only that injector needs changing.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 5

Turbocharged

when i first started driving 20 years ago, i bought a used car...

the aircon broke down soon (not cold anymore) and i drove to any random workshop and was chopped

maybe saw me greenhorn, they proposed to change dunno what, cost me hundreds of dollars but the issue wasn't solved

then i found another workshop whose boss diagnosed the issue very carefully and it was a faulty chip or something 

$10 to solve the issue in the end

needless to say, i was impressed and went back to him for servicing until now (changed cars 3 times liao)

u want loyal regular customers, reputation and credibility are very important

• Praise 6

(edited)

Everyone of my posts is the same.

Lesbians lah MILs lah how not get ripped off from workshops lah.

If people say my posts are all the same and they don't like reading them 

I have to ask the obvious question why do they keep reading them?

I don't like eating chicken legs, I don't order it, I don't eat it, I don't pay for it and I never complain about eating it and not liking it.

I really also have to ask the other obvious question.

Eventually we also found out jamesc is NOT Donald Trump BFF.

Eventually? How long did it take the person to find out?

I don't trust jamesc anymore when I found out eventually that Donald Trump is really not his BFF at all!

I am disgusted he misled us all. Purposely misled us all.

I am also disgusted when he did not put 4 botak tyres on his MIL's car as he told all of us here that he would.

I am also starting to doubt that he bought an ebike for this MIL and charges it under her bed over night.

That exploding Sammy phone I am starting to suspect he didn't get his mil one of those too!

I will never defend myself when people accuse me of things I didn't do.

I would only like to say - eventually we found out he misled us all?

I could be wrong but I don't think its all but perhaps just only one.

Just one person really thought jibby and Donny are my BFF.

I just hope no one here tells him Fatty Kim is also NOT my BFF.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 1

I am also starting to suspect that jamesc is NOT

a qualified massage therapist that rubs young ladies for money.

That jamesc also "claims" he is a feng master but if I was a good looking young lady

I would not pay him to flower bath me to get rid of bad luck.

I also suspect he is not really a travel agent enticing people to go to Japan for holidays.

Now to think of it maybe he is not really a lesbian trapped in a man's body as he claims.

And I bet anyone with my last dollar this is not a picture of his MIL as he claims.

No flies on me! jamesc you cannot fool me 

forever!

*pats myself on the back* I have exposed jamesc.

images-17.jpg.3dc38bc44580bb8446c1819a7f746224.jpg

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
17 hours ago, Fitmugen said:

I think buy old conti must really budget in a few k for repairs.

Just curious will the SG carmart warranty have covered this kind of problem? If getting a one-year warranty for a few hundred bucks can insure against such problems why not man. Caveat: I am not from SGCM

Hello, I am here to answer your question! Sgcarmart Warranty helps you to mitigate big ticket items repairs such as engine, transmission, and drive axle for repair. If I were to use TS cases which is the fuel injector as the cause of the issues, then no, because for all fuel injectors, there is a lift span to it. To the insurer and workshop, it is considered as a wear and tear items. 

However, this is derived from TS's car problem. The rule of thumb of the warranty is that anything that is not consider wear and tear or items that have a promised lifespan, if the car breakdown or malfunction, then yes. It is claimable from us.  

I do sympathise TS @Yeokimchoy for his whole workshop experience with MTE, I also think that the workshop didn't share with you the best practices. For fuel injector, I think they will all recommend changing all four at one go. I had my fuel injector issues a few years back and I went to gary's too. I change all 4. 

To do a SCT, I think will take an exceptionally long time and your case is not strong, He didn't cheat you in the sense that he did ask you to change all 4, just that the price is too expensive. If I were to suggest, you have done your part by sharing with us your mishap and vented out your anger. If I were you, I will move on lah, everyone will get cheated and bullied once, just don't go back to your to that path le. 

You are now wiser and your have know yourself a good workshop to maintain your Volvo, consider a blessing in disguise. And have fun with your Volvo! NCAP 5 stars car leh! hahahah.  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5