Forward Singapore

RadX

Call me cynical but the way forward will be raising gst to help the poor and sick, keeping taxes low for biz and rich to provide jobs and reserves will be reserved for future generations.

Happy to stand corrected.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

3 minutes ago, TangoCharlie said:

Call me cynical but the way forward will be raising gst to help the poor and sick, keeping taxes low for biz and rich to provide jobs and reserves will be reserved for future generations.

Happy to stand corrected.

We don't have much manufacturing on the island anymore.  Available tax pool will not be big enough to sustain the aging population/infrastructure.

• Praise 2

12 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

We don't have much manufacturing on the island anymore.  Available tax pool will not be big enough to sustain the aging population/infrastructure.

These are known constraints...no doubt about it. I do hope govt will have a real exchange with experts outside it's circle. 

• Praise 3

(edited)
41 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

In a country as highly social-engineered, top-down and restrictive as SG, this sounds like a failure to recognise regional (economic) threats, plan and mitigate risks. So why should these jokers keep getting huge pay packages and pretty much assured jobs when they dropped the ball? 

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

29 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

In a country as highly social-engineered, top-down and restrictive as SG, this sounds like a failure to recognise regional (economic) threats, plan and mitigate risks. So why should these jokers keep getting huge pay packages and pretty much assured jobs when they dropped the ball? 

All these started 30 years ago.

It is too late to u-turn now.

• Praise 1

(edited)

After so many years of gst, we can see where it is going. It is redistributed to welfare, elderly(whatever boomer generation), low income etc. In the form of subsidies, elderly card, rebates and vouchers. Whatever trickle down to us is peanuts. Cant see much of physical cash.

Sort of a wealth tax(whoever has more spending power) and then distributed to the ones who need it. I dunno whether it closes the wealth gap, I doubt so. Compared to other countries I dunno what is being done. Of course it is down to pros and cons since the gst have to be paid by everyone.

But it seems like there are no exemptions, for example education. Poly/ite and uni, sgporeans pay tuition fees inclusive of gst. If only it can be exempted.

If ppl wants to see more elderly welfare due to aging population or more of smth, money has to come from somewhere.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

31 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

After so many years of gst, we can see where it is going. It is redistributed to welfare, elderly(whatever boomer generation), low income etc. In the form of subsidies, elderly card, rebates and vouchers. Whatever trickle down to us is peanuts. Cant see much of physical cash.

Sort of a wealth tax(whoever has more spending power) and then distributed to the ones who need it. I dunno whether it closes the wealth gap, I doubt so. Compared to other countries I dunno what is being done. Of course it is down to pros and cons since the gst have to be paid by everyone.

But it seems like there are no exemptions, for example education. Poly/ite and uni, sgporeans pay tuition fees inclusive of gst. If only it can be exempted.

If ppl wants to see more elderly welfare due to aging population or more of smth, money has to come from somewhere.

Wealthy can choose to spend money overseas. No GST for sg govt. 

Those bo pian kena stuck here llst pay. Even my recent medical procedure resulted in 1k in gst. Talk about making money out of others' misery! 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

? Are the two statements related? Manufacturing isn’t really a high value industry, so what if there less manufacturing??

Supercharged
On 6/29/2022 at 8:49 AM, Tohto said:

PAP way of politics I had already give up, just cross on the right box when the time come.. which I did.😁

I always cross on the correct box but always wrong people get elected. Sian. 

• Haha! 4

(edited)
On 6/29/2022 at 9:45 AM, mersaylee said:

Got listen lah...just that it's the hear no nothing kind of listen and go ahead to do what's planned to do before the listening exercise 

Lust time no listen complaints many many

Now pretend pretend to listen also complaints many many

Damn you do damn you don't...chenghu pai joh...but who gives a shix...15k/mth and more...I'll take the heat...😁

1-152.jpg

President has the best work-life balance ratio - highest salary with lowest responsibility.

Ministers-Annual-Pay-In-Singapore-MustSh

Edited by Jellandross
  • Praise 1
  • Angry 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 2

Supersonic
13 minutes ago, Jellandross said:

President has the best work-life balance ratio - highest salary with lowest responsibility.

Wa, even the so called lowest rank, the salary also so high! My dont know how many years of salary per year added up also no reach siah.

• Haha! 1

16 minutes ago, Jellandross said:

Being a president is a very high risk job. You know how dangerous it is to stand on a moving vehicle with one hand on a handle bar and the other waving at the crowd? 

• Haha! 7

On 6/29/2022 at 11:21 AM, mersaylee said:

Must wear white to serve the country and people meh...? RadX wears pink or any other colour also serve wat 😁

Eh... U meant his underwear colour? 

• Haha! 1

43 minutes ago, Jellandross said:

Now I see why we so desperately need to raise our GST......😤

• Haha! 2

6 hours ago, Wind30 said:

? Are the two statements related? Manufacturing isn’t really a high value industry, so what if there less manufacturing??

If don’t want increase GST, left with income tax.

For income tax, it is either increase tax rate or profit.

In a service based economy, it is difficult.

Unlike high value manufacturing.

3 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

Being a president is a very high risk job. You know how dangerous it is to stand on a moving vehicle with one hand on a handle bar and the other waving at the crowd? 

Quite siong to walk around in the hot sun and pretend to ask the parade contingent about how they feel about serving the country as well. Also whenever finance minister asked to open the coffers, have to pretend to crunch numbers and finally said yes after a lot of deliberation. 

Sibeh siong. Totally deserved the $1.68 million man, give chance can? 😥

• Haha! 6

Turbocharged
(edited)
2 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

Quite siong to walk around in the hot sun and pretend to ask the parade contingent about how they feel about serving the country as well. Also whenever finance minister asked to open the coffers, have to pretend to crunch numbers and finally said yes after a lot of deliberation. 

Sibeh siong. Totally deserved the $1.68 million man, give chance can? 😥

? Did she pretend to crunch numbers??? I think u over estimated her workload. 

Edited by Wind30
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2