Process of scrapping the car

Genes

Message added by BabyBlade,

Scrap and export your car using Sgcarmart Quotz: https://www.sgcarmart.com/quotz/scrap_export.php?type=se

Hello folks,

need some advice. Started this as i searched through the forum but found only old threads on this, and also some concerns not addressed in those threads.

I need to help my mother scrap her 15yo car.

Is there anything that she needs to do to "authorize" me to do it on her behalf?

Did a bit of reading but found lots of glossing over the different possible methods to do so.

includes, driving to the scrapper, approaching a dealer, using services from AAS/Motorist/Carro/etc, but it does not really contain any details of the process to do so.

If anyone has used their services, please enlighten me about the process to do so.

Also, which would be the least hassle, keeping in mind i need to do this for a car not registered under my IC.

Last concern is how much would scrap value be, even though i know it would be far lower than scrapping a 10 yo car, any pointers to get best value would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks all.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

28 minutes ago, Genes said:

Hello folks,

need some advice. Started this as i searched through the forum but found only old threads on this, and also some concerns not addressed in those threads.

Is there anything that she needs to do to "authorize" me to do it on her behalf?

Did a bit of reading but found lots of glossing over the different possible methods to do so.

includes, driving to the scrapper, approaching a dealer, using services from AAS/Motorist/Carro/etc, but it does not really contain any details of the process to do so.

If anyone has used their services, please enlighten me about the process to do so.

Also, which would be the least hassle, keeping in mind i need to do this for a car not registered under my IC.

Last concern is how much would scrap value be, even though i know it would be far lower than scrapping a 10 yo car, any pointers to get best value would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks all.

Hope this helps.

https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwjPrYOQgtL4AhVWJCsKHRFBCu0YABAAGgJzZg&ae=2&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAESbeD2kJlLdacJ3m9Hx8lF2IuBdOOm4FBsiuWl1LLxEVcH8fEjptEQr6TKDlr5tMDFr6qH7OMWUz57fMUfth0Fuw8o4pdaU_XDo6nstgnkl3UpvoGDY4S4mvCOcDaTKpp8aOgt83FLyU9Krq8JC9g&sig=AOD64_2kT3-iG12TEk5DH-eTQ7IK4X7BJw&q&adurl&ved=2ahUKEwiVt_yPgtL4AhUCSGwGHUE-CIcQ0Qx6BAgGEAE

• Praise 3

I just happened to need to scrap my 15 year old Suzuki Swift. The COE supposed to end in Aug but few days ago, hear loud sound in engine on expressway, decided not to risk it, pay $70 tow to workshop. Workshop tells me no point repairing because will cost at least 500-600 bucks so advise me instead to scrap on the spot. So I have previously gotten some quotes for my car on scrap just a month ago, and all of them gave me the same price - $500 for the body metal plus any outstanding COE left. I just called the first one to reply me that time, he came down within 45 minutes to the workshop. Look at the car, just ensure can drive, he does not care about the conditions of the car at all, as long can move safely. Immediately we deal ok, finish paperwork, I use Singpass initiate car transfer on the spot. He transfers me all the money PAYNOW and once I confirm receive, he accepts the transfer online. And then within an hour, my car is gone. I ask him for scrap value, how he determine, he says its very competitive in Singapore, so usually most of them will know the market price - which in a way is at least true because all 3 I asked gave me exactly $500 for my Swift so you can just really cold email the car detail to a few to get comparison. I can give you the person that I dealt with but I don't want to put openly here because not going to advertise for anyone, just thought he is quite transparent and very hassle free.

You can do the same and get the guy to come to your mother's place and you can be there and the only question is whether your mum have all the singpass to do immediate transfer etc, then its only a matter of you helping her to login, if like that its very fast and easy.

• Praise 8

3 hours ago, Gasband said:

I just happened to need to scrap my 15 year old Suzuki Swift. The COE supposed to end in Aug but few days ago, hear loud sound in engine on expressway, decided not to risk it, pay $70 tow to workshop. Workshop tells me no point repairing because will cost at least 500-600 bucks so advise me instead to scrap on the spot. So I have previously gotten some quotes for my car on scrap just a month ago, and all of them gave me the same price - $500 for the body metal plus any outstanding COE left. I just called the first one to reply me that time, he came down within 45 minutes to the workshop. Look at the car, just ensure can drive, he does not care about the conditions of the car at all, as long can move safely. Immediately we deal ok, finish paperwork, I use Singpass initiate car transfer on the spot. He transfers me all the money PAYNOW and once I confirm receive, he accepts the transfer online. And then within an hour, my car is gone. I ask him for scrap value, how he determine, he says its very competitive in Singapore, so usually most of them will know the market price - which in a way is at least true because all 3 I asked gave me exactly $500 for my Swift so you can just really cold email the car detail to a few to get comparison. I can give you the person that I dealt with but I don't want to put openly here because not going to advertise for anyone, just thought he is quite transparent and very hassle free.

You can do the same and get the guy to come to your mother's place and you can be there and the only question is whether your mum have all the singpass to do immediate transfer etc, then its only a matter of you helping her to login, if like that its very fast and easy.

Could you PM me the contact of the guy, pls?

Thanks!

Internal Moderator
9 hours ago, Genes said:

Hello folks,

Thanks all.

Hi bro, you can actually. Last time I help me father scrap his van. You can do it yourself if you have the time, so ppl don't like to drive to sungei kadut and take grab back, so they will get 3rd party help. 

You just need to go to any authorized scrapyard in SG.

you need to deregister and upload disposal of vehicle info in onemotoring. 

https://onemotoring.lta.gov.sg/content/onemotoring/home/selling-deregistering/deregister-a-vehicle.html

Hope this helps! 

• Praise 3

On 6/29/2022 at 6:45 PM, Gasband said:

Hi, can PM the contact? tks

↡ Advertisement