JB workshop

Chelzea

anybody can recommend a place in JB to replace blown headlights/ brake light - ? appreciate if can provide the estimated price as well. I'm looking for a cheap fix 🙂

↡ Advertisement

hi , you want to repalce the head lamp unit or just the bulb? if it is just the bulb, dont bother, they are so cheap in SGP. if you want to cut cost, go buy bulbs and replace it yourslfe. Unless you want to replace the whole LED lamp.

• Praise 7
  • Haha! 1

(edited)

So cute. Some ppl think exchange rate S$1 to RM3+ things will automatically be very cheap.

Did you think about moving there permanently? Lagi better, right?

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

Internal Moderator
8 hours ago, Chelzea said:

anybody can recommend a place in JB to replace blown headlights/ brake light - ? appreciate if can provide the estimated price as well. I'm looking for a cheap fix 🙂

what car are you driving? if you driving a BMW, malaysia workshop will still charge you a premium. They are our neighbour they see singapore carplate and conti cars means we are rich. 

COE now 100K you know. hahaha 

• Haha! 7

45 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

what car are you driving? if you driving a BMW, malaysia workshop will still charge you a premium. They are our neighbour they see singapore carplate and conti cars means we are rich. 

COE now 100K you know. hahaha 

TBH to change the bulb inside the headlight of Beemer not easy and still need to code it after replacement

$10 not easy to earn 

Whereas the rear lamp very easy but need coding too 

🙈🙉🙊

PS. I don't know how to change bulb too 

Mechanic said must wear glove to change

No fingerprint on glass bulb surface 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

If you on a trip there and want to optimise the savings there, go ahead. If you are going there just for the replacement of bulbs, forget it. 

Btw if you are looking for whole light sets, they are not cheap. I would suggest you look for them in our local scrap yards in Woodland Industrial park or Sungei Kadut or Kranji area.

• Praise 4

In this era, with Google, YouTube and such, it is much easier to DIY. Just check the manual for the type of light bulb needed, get them from Carousell, Lazada, Qoo10, Shopee, Taobao, etc. (much cheaper than from workshop or even stockists), follow the instructions from manual, forums or YouTube, and voilà, it is so simple. [:)]

I have changed the xenon headlights for my cars before, as easy as changing light bulbs in your house. Just need to make sure you get the correct type of bulb and wear gloves to prevent contaminating the glass surface and wire.

Other DIY stuff I did include replacing flat tyre, battery wiper, air filter, etc. Save me quite some $$$ as well as free meals from friends and colleagues. Err I not freegan hor. :D

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

(edited)

Recently I went to change the engine oil. They checked the lights and found one of the pole lights bulb was blown. They replaced the bulbs on both sides foc.

Btw, I used to DIY changing EO, spark plugs, rotate tyres, replacing wipers, etc. Changing air filters and air-con filters are chicken feat.

I ever changed the platinum point for my old car too.

Now I am a bit lazy. So, let others do it.

Edited by Fitvip
  • Praise 3

For lights, beemer is the worst, wowo the easiest

For cabin filter, wowo is the worst, beemer is the easiest 

Get a merc...i say one 😁

But I can't afford...😂

• Haha! 3

Internal Moderator
32 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

For lights, beemer is the worst, wowo the easiest

For cabin filter, wowo is the worst, beemer is the easiest 

Get a merc...i say one 😁

But I can't afford...😂

coming from you mersaylee and you say you cannot afford a mersaylee. hahahaha. Ironic leh. 

• Haha! 2

33 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

coming from you mersaylee and you say you cannot afford a mersaylee. hahahaha. Ironic leh. 

Not anymore...priced out of reach long ago liao...😅

Missed the target guide on the bonnet very much especially when I cum across a toardtard...😁

• Haha! 2

(edited)
17 minutes ago, Chelzea said:

@Ct3833 

bulb cheap but any idea how much is the labour cost ?

If replacing one bulb, assuming japanese car, I would think $20, $30 would do. In fact if you have a regular workshop , you could get the labor FOC.  For me,  I would usuallty replace it myself, be it front or back. 

Edited by Ct3833

Internal Moderator
20 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Not anymore...priced out of reach long ago liao...😅

Missed the target guide on the bonnet very much especially when I cum across a toardtard...😁

ahhh. TYT good. hahaha. CVT no problem one. hahah. One from day one can drive until 10 years get the parf rebate one. hahahaha 

Internal Moderator
28 minutes ago, Chelzea said:

@kobayashiGT 

I driving a Hyundai 😅

Hello! Then I think you have the answer from some of the members here. 

if you just wanna find cheap workshop in JB for this, then no point, you go in, wife cut hair, children can go play some park, you fix your car, then go for a seafood dinner, then I think saving and memories are created. Money well spend. 

If not, you can consider finding a workshop in SG. 

Sarpork our local business abit mah. hahaha. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3