Liverpool Football Club Season 2022/2023 - Onward to Greater Success.

Akula

Didn't watch after first half because it was just bad.

Heard that in 2nd half, Pool sub in a bunch of uncles and the game went south after that.  Oh well.....

And Mitoma is again a Messi whenever he plays Pool.

Edited by Starry
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

5 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

A pain to watch.....

I just hope that Pool doesn't lose horribly to Madrid.  If they can't handle a Mitoma, how are they going to handle Vinicius Jr?

Edited by Starry
  • Praise 1
  • Sad 1

minor positives from this game is that Pool didnt get hammered again. Brighton has scored 8 goals in 3 games vs Pool this season. There is something in their play which Pool just cant seems to match up.  

The game was pretty even the entire 90min so if there is real criticism, it was that this game and the result probably showed that Pool is really not even on par with Brighton at the moment.  With no MF reinforcement coming this window, Pool is likely to languish in midtable and seeing all the big guns bypassing them. Just look at Chelsea, Spurs and Newcastle.  I think the ownership uncertainty has big part to play on these issues.  any team which is in midtable and fighting for top 4 will have no choice to splash the cash and try to build a case. Pool's owners obviously are not going to invest any further monies for such short term issues.  Feel Klopp and the players are beginning to accept their fate... judging by the body language of some of the players. they are human after all. 

• Praise 1

Don't understand what is the fuss about? LFC's results lately may not be good but let's consider the following factors:

(1) Aging team;

(2) Injuries to critical players, such as VVD

(3) Loss of form for our MF, such as Henderson, Thiago, Milner and Fabinho

(4) New Players yet to be fully integrated into the team, such as Nunes and Gakpo. 

(5) Our goal scoring Salah is firing blanks while other more seasoned strikers, such as Firminho, Jota and Diaz are injured

With all these negative factors, it is only reasonable that we perform at a state much lower than what we expect in the last few seasons.

The team is in transition and we need high quality reinforcements fast and we need them to blend in even faster. I can only hope for better performances from LFC next season, to be honest.  

• Praise 2

54 minutes ago, Xers007 said:

No money no result, as simple as that. Wait for new owner (if there is) to see them perform again.

i could be wrong, but did brighton splash the cash? 

not sure why, but Pool's recent purchases/recontracts don't seem to be able to produce good results. With the rest of the teams also off form, and overall low on confidence, it's really poor to watch. I don't remember any teams whose wingers cannot go past TAA this season, any midfielders who can't dominate pool's... 

• Praise 4

4 hours ago, 209752648026519 said:

Don't understand what is the fuss about? LFC's results lately may not be good but let's consider the following factors:

(1) Aging team;

(2) Injuries to critical players, such as VVD

(3) Loss of form for our MF, such as Henderson, Thiago, Milner and Fabinho

(4) New Players yet to be fully integrated into the team, such as Nunes and Gakpo. 

(5) Our goal scoring Salah is firing blanks while other more seasoned strikers, such as Firminho, Jota and Diaz are injured

With all these negative factors, it is only reasonable that we perform at a state much lower than what we expect in the last few seasons.

The team is in transition and we need high quality reinforcements fast and we need them to blend in even faster. I can only hope for better performances from LFC next season, to be honest.  

good points but waiting for next season to come upon us is still a long way to go, bearing in mind that we are just at the half way mark of the EPL season.  Football is all about momentum and it is certainly not about just reset and start over again. If the team finishes say 10 or 12th tis season, it will be a tall order to assume that the team can come back firing and contesting for the top seat of the EPL.  Pool would also have higher difficulty to attract good players as it is not in the UCL competition.

and the the talks of sitting out this current window and having a war chest to replenish the squad come the next window?  i dun think we should place too much hopes on that given that this has not happened for a super time since VVD and Alisson came thru the door. And those expensive buys were financed by coutinho's sale.   If FSG retains a significant or majority ownership come next window... i can safely say we may get 1 or 2 MF .. probably those cheapos ones...    

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, Atrecord said:

No they use a system call moneyball.

They look at the stats of undervalued players

and buy them cheap and watch them explode with talent.

:D

• Haha! 2

11 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Frankly I still don't see how gakpo is a steal under the nose of manure.

Man U bought a few players, Pool bought a few players.  Man U new players played like they know each other for years.  Their new shortie defender became star defender and their new oldie 30 year old defensive midfielder became a goal hero.  Even Rashford suddenly became a super striker.

Pool new players on the other hand , well the less said the better. The older players, well, best not to even  mention.

If people still think this is a money or ownership issue, then I have nothing else to say.

Edited by Starry
  • Praise 2

10 hours ago, Atrecord said:

not sure why, but Pool's recent purchases/recontracts don't seem to be able to produce good results. With the rest of the teams also off form, and overall low on confidence, it's really poor to watch. I don't remember any teams whose wingers cannot go past TAA this season, any midfielders who can't dominate pool's... 

No they didn't splash lots of cash, I believe team like theirs won't be successful for many seasons and will be very hard for them to challenge for the champion.

Edited by Xers007
  • Praise 1

7 minutes ago, Xers007 said:

No they didn't splash lots of cash, I believe team like theirs won't be successful for many seasons and will be very hard for them to challenge for the champion.

actually my point was not that Pool should not splash the cash, and still hope to challenge for top honours. That wouldn't be realistic.

but if we say Pool is playing so badly cos they didn't splash the cash, then that cannot be true cos many teams also didn't splash the cash, but looks to be obviously better than Pool... Brighton being a case in point. In fact, i think Pool still spent more than Brighton but were inferior in all 3 matches...

• Praise 2

Last season our players were covering for one another. This season all were covering only their own ass. Look at TAAngot passed by that jap guy so many times. Anyone gone over to help TAA? Nil.  

• Praise 2

28 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

actually my point was not that Pool should not splash the cash, and still hope to challenge for top honours. That wouldn't be realistic.

but if we say Pool is playing so badly cos they didn't splash the cash, then that cannot be true cos many teams also didn't splash the cash, but looks to be obviously better than Pool... Brighton being a case in point. In fact, i think Pool still spent more than Brighton but were inferior in all 3 matches...

Cos Pool keep splashing on forward/striker and fails to see their def and mid heading south. Could be because many players got injured and they think it will be fine once they all come back from injures. Recent times Pool always have issue with Brighton, can't explain or maybe it's true one club always jinx another.

• Praise 3

Fabinho first tackle should have been a red card and sent off.

Hendo for last 2 seasons played badly and can still f people. I think they call that leadership.

VVD lost his speed since Prickford broke his leg. But he hasn't lost his height so with him we can defend set pieces. Now he is out we cannot defend set pieces.

Salah only wants to play centre forward but cannot shoot properly. Because Pool creates so many chances he gets a lot of goals but with him its always 50/50 if his shot goes in. And he has no right foot so the defender knows he will always come inside.

At least when we had Mane and Firmino defenders needed to cover these two. Now they just double up on Salah as he never passes.

Our biggest loss is no Jota no goals he is the only one that not tall but always win the header. Not fast but out runs defenders. Not skillful but always dribbles past people. And he puts the ball in the net.

We also miss Gini. Hardly misses a match and always recycles the ball and gives it to the forwards. Which midfielder now provides that consistency week in week out?

The real problem is we have just one first team and no strength in depth.

Look at Arsenal. Saka out buys Trossard. Partey out wants to buy Moises Caicedo and bidded 70 million and rejected.

Look how much money Arsenal, Chelsea, Man U, Man City have spent.

They are not only buying first team players but also first team players to sit on the bench.

Look at our bench actually we are playing our bench now. Elliot, Fabio, Jones, Bajectic and all except Jones playing better than Hendo, Fabinho and Salah.

:D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1