Liverpool Football Club Season 2022/2023 - Onward to Greater Success.

Akula

11 minutes ago, Beregond said:

Mount is playing like.crab this season😅

Really ar? I thot he was playing very well for the past two seasons... 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Just now, Raymondism said:

Really ar? I thot he was playing very well for the past two seasons... 

I think chelsea mis manage him.

They keep playing him as 1  of the 3 attacker. That is not his best position...

But Chelsea all play like shit also. 

• Praise 1

14 minutes ago, Beregond said:

I think chelsea mis manage him.

They keep playing him as 1  of the 3 attacker. That is not his best position...

But Chelsea all play like shit also. 

Think many players saving their legs for the world cup....

• Praise 1

I am worrying for all Liverpool fans ....... :scared:

If Germany failed to get into the knockout stage, the manager will be sacked..... :yuush:

Then, J. Klopp will shorten his stay (contract until 2025) at Liverpool and becomes Germany Manager.  :wut:

German FC had already identified Klopp to be the next manager in 2025 or after current manager complete Euro24.  :we-all-gonna-die:

• Praise 1

Breaking News > 

Julian Ward is stepping down from his role as sporting director at the end of the season, just months after taking over from Michael Edwards. With the club for sale or looking for new shareholders, this can be a testing period.

Edited by Akula
  • Praise 1

On the same day it was revealed Julian Ward was stepping down from his role as Liverpool’s director of football at the end of the season, it’s now being reported that yet another key staff member has resigned. Ian Graham, the club’s director of research, will also be leaving the club in May, according to reports.

• Praise 1

all doesnt seems well in the mgt hierarchy of Pool.  Either they knew something is coming or they are throwing the towel knowing the future of the club is no longer rosy or certain. 

the alternate view is that there is certainty of the new owners coming in and the new phase of the club recruitment will be very different, focusing on elite player recruitment only.  

• Praise 1

If I am TAA, I announce retiring from England squad. :wut:

Called by Southgate to WC2022 and not even come out a minute to play as substitute... :ouch-it-hurts:

Southgate really never like TAA but bow down the English fans that he was included in the squad. :slow:

Southgate favourite is still Maguire. :we-all-gonna-die:

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Called by Southgate to WC2022 and not even come out a minute to play as substitute... :ouch-it-hurts:

Southgate really never like TAA but bow down the English fans that he was included in the squad. :slow:

Is ok. No playtimes mean no chance for injury.

I hope Netherlands, England get kick out early. 

• Praise 1

TAA in the squad because another right back injured.

He is just there to make up the numbers.

Free holiday and can see WC without paying I also go!

:D

4 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

On 11/26/2022 at 12:26 PM, Jamesc said:

TAA in the squad because another right back injured.

He is just there to make up the numbers.

Free holiday and can see WC without paying I also go!

:D

Even Gary Nevill felt it (my explanation on TAA) too .... 

Quote from Yahoo News

Gary Neville stunned by Southgate decision to leave two ‘world-class’ England stars out – ‘France would have played them’

Pundit Gary Neville was shocked by Gareth Southgate refusing to play Phil Foden or Trent Alexander-Arnold for England against the USA, even from the bench.

Southgate named an unchanged starting eleven from the game against Iran, which is understandable given the 6-2 victory in England’s World Cup opener. However, the Three Lions struggled to break the USA down. And it was Gregg Berhalter’s side who actually had the better chances.

England were crying out for some changes in the second half. And Southgate provided in the 68th minute, replacing Raheem Sterling with Jack Grealish and Jude Bellingham with Jordan Henderson. Marcus Rashford also replaced Bukayo Saka 10 minutes later.

These substitutes gave England more energy, but they still didn’t have any really good chances and were held to a 0-0 draw.

After the game, ITV Sport’s pundit panel of Neville, Roy Keane and Ian Wright admitted their surprise at Foden not coming on. With Man City, he often has to break solid defensive teams down and this draw may have been the perfect game for him.

Neville said (25/11, at 21:00): “I was disappointed not to see Foden. For me, that talent is huge, I’ve not seen anything like that.

“Gareth prefers Mount, Saka, Sterling at the moment. But for me, for Foden not to be amongst that starting eleven, or come off the bench, was interesting.”

Keane then gave his opinion. “We were surprised watching on,” the former Man Utd captain said. “Of course, Gareth is the manager, he knows the players better than anybody. But we were all watching the game fully expecting Foden to come on. And the subs that did come on didn’t really have an impact.

:lll._.:

• Praise 1

Southgate is too conservative and traditional as a manager.  Under his care, he has improved England's performance such that it reached the semi and finals of various cup competitions. 

but the reality is also true  he cant harvest the potential of playing squad in terms of better players because his system cannot accommodate unique stars like Foden and TAA, which are hybrid versions of traditional position. TAA is a playmaker cum RB while Foden is a no.10 playing in a wide forward position. In Southgate's set up, each player are quite fixed across the set up hence he cant adjust his set up to accommodate. This is extremely wasteful in terms of the potentials of these 2 players, who have at least another 10 years ahead of them to contribute to the success of the England team. Instead, Southgate plays people like Sterling, Mount etc who can fit into his system but have been struggling for club form. 

Should England fail to win again in this WC, there should be a proper enquiry whether a different manager could have done things differently.        

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1