Liverpool Football Club Season 2022/2023 - Onward to Greater Success.

Akula

On 12/27/2022 at 1:27 PM, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Ox played horrible again .... 😑

Update us when ox did played well. Yawn....

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

On 12/27/2022 at 3:39 PM, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Liverpool eyeing 3 midfielders in Jan transfer:

1) Sofyan Amrabat

2) Eljif Elmas

3) Lozano

I read number 3) release clause over 100 million. Probably not our "type" of player. 😀

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Akula said:

Liverpool FC have completed the signing of Cody Gakpo from PSV Eindhoven. Contract signed until the summer of 2028. Fee around £37m potentially rising to £44m. He will wear the No 18 shirt (last worn by Minamino). 

our "new" Dirk Kuyt! right winger somemore! 

30 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Update us when ox did played well. Yawn....

Ox and Naby are winding down their contract. Can't see how they will be extended so unlikely they will be highly motivated for the rest of the season.... 

2 hours ago, Fooblack said:

Ox and Naby are winding down their contract. Can't see how they will be extended so unlikely they will be highly motivated for the rest of the season.... 

I would rather the club extend firmino contract than these two. 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Fooblack said:

our "new" Dirk Kuyt! right winger somemore! 

VVD will start to pump long ball to him instead of Salah......lol.....hahaha

• Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Kopites said:

I would rather the club extend firmino contract than these two. 

Bobby is highly likeable and Klopp definitely rates him. But the reality is that he is 31 and unlikely to be happy sitting on the bench for extended periods.

most of our fondest memories of Bobby were probably in the earlier years rather than the most recent 2-3 seasons.  He is no longer the starting front 3 if all the forwards are fit.  I do think the writing is on the wall between the club and player himself.  

2 hours ago, Starry said:

VVD will start to pump long ball to him instead of Salah......lol.....hahaha

feel Klopp is building a new forward line to give a final push for the title during his remaining tenure at the club. I dun think we will see the best of the forwards such as Nunez and Gakpo until sometime next season. The key is to remain in the top 4 then mount another title challenge next season.

This season is for transition and hopefully Pool can go far in the cup competitions. It is already out of the mickey mouse cup so its reign as the defending champion on this front is short-lived. 

50 minutes ago, Fooblack said:

feel Klopp is building a new forward line to give a final push for the title during his remaining tenure at the club. I dun think we will see the best of the forwards such as Nunez and Gakpo until sometime next season. The key is to remain in the top 4 then mount another title challenge next season.

This season is for transition and hopefully Pool can go far in the cup competitions. It is already out of the mickey mouse cup so its reign as the defending champion on this front is short-lived. 

Still have FA Cup and UCL cup .... 🏆

• Praise 1

Last game of the year at home against Leceister tonight. May Pool's 3 games winning streak continue and provide momentum into the new year.  big 3 points at stake. 

Expect Klopp to play about the same team as against AV.  I would have liked Carvalho to play on the right wing instead of Ox. Better to invest in a player for the future with these rare opportunities to blood them.  

The team needs to have better control in midfield and hopefully Thiago can find his rhythm and sharpness soon.    

Latest news Pool no money to buy 129m Jude and 120m Enzo.

We getting Amarabat at 34m and Gary Mac for 35m.

2 players for half the price of 1 Jude

We no money have to be smart.

We have to replace Nabei, Ox and Milner and in a few years time Hendo, Thiago and Fabinho.

:D

• Haha! 1

Utd did not buy Gakpo because they see him as a left winger and not a striker that can play in the centre to replace Ronaldo.

In the WC Gakpo played down the middle and scored 3 goals.

To score even 1 goal in the WC is difficult to score 3 means he can do it.

But maybe more as a false 9 and replacement for Firmino rather than a big  centre forward like Nunez.

But a new Firmino is exactly what we need when Firmino goes and a left winger is what we need now that Diaz and Jota are injured.

:D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1