Liverpool Football Club Season 2022/2023 - Onward to Greater Success.

Akula

As we all know Salah always wants to come into the centre to score goals.

And same for Nunez so Gakpo playing a more withdrawn role creating chances will really suit Salah and Nunez.

:D 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Klopp biggest headache was not finding a replacement for Firmino.

If we don't have a false 9 creating opportunities then we need a more creative midfield like Jude and Enzo as playmakers.

Now we got Gakpo we can buy cheaper less creative but more physical hard running midfielders to just win the ball and pass to the forwards.

1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

Latest news Pool no money to buy 129m Jude and 120m Enzo.

We getting Amarabat at 34m and Gary Mac for 35m.

2 players for half the price of 1 Jude

We no money have to be smart.

We have to replace Nabei, Ox and Milner and in a few years time Hendo, Thiago and Fabinho.

for starters, the news surrounding Enzo was probably just smoke. I cant' see why Klopp will immediately be interested in a player like him who will cost about the same as Jude Bellingham. He was relatively an unknown player before the WC so all the hype are likely only rumours. The latest is that Chelsea is likely to swoop in.  I'll say let them take him.  Best case is that the rumours are meant to persuade BVB to sell to Pool in case they miss the boat if Klopp buys Enzo.  

I believe Pool's interest in Jude remains strong according to long standing and current news. The problem is that he is unlikely to move this window so the more likely scenario is that he moves in the summer. This is provided that Pool can find the money and is comfortable that they are not overpaying for him. Both are question marks in my mind whether this deal will proceed. 

another name which is more likely to come into play this window is Moisés Caicedo. He is likely to cost lesser but Brighton is unlikely to do business unless a high price is bided.     

• Praise 2

53 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Klopp biggest headache was not finding a replacement for Firmino.

If we don't have a false 9 creating opportunities then we need a more creative midfield like Jude and Enzo as playmakers.

Now we got Gakpo we can buy cheaper less creative but more physical hard running midfielders to just win the ball and pass to the forwards.

I believe the way Pool plays for the last 1-2 seasons, they have moved away from the false 9 role of Bobby.  Last season title run was tactically mainly more direct penetration thru the middle with Mane shifted into the CF role while Diaz took the left forward position. With the players bought in Nunez and now Gapko, I think Klopp will continue with the set up rather than revert to the false 9 which was always meant to accommodate mane and salah's inverted runs behind.  Mane is gone too. 

• Praise 1

9 minutes ago, Abracadabra said:

Better grab Bellingham this transfer window before he goes to Newcastle United.

Liverpool cannot compete with the riches of Newcastle.

• Praise 1

Btw there is still no news of potential buyer after FSG announced ready to sell.....(maybe delay because of world cup & festive seasons...) 

Our best player is that Lei defender with that looping shot into his own goal.

The angle is so tight its easier to put the ball at the corner flag than inside the goal.

• Haha! 1

Faes is Liverpool's best player.

He can score with the tightest angles.

So far one goal with his left foot and one with his right.

Next goal should be from his head for a glorious hattrick.

Edited by Jamesc
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1