Liverpool Football Club Season 2022/2023 - Onward to Greater Success.

Akula

Liverpool winning is a big deal.

Only because we have not played like this for the whole season.

To put things into perspective who can remember the last Liverpool PL goal who scored it?

When was the last time Salah scored at Anfield?

October last year.

As for people asking for Klopp to go.

To put things into perspective Klopp is the fastest manager to 250 wins.

Faster than Shanks, Dalgliesh, Paisley and Fagan.

:D

Last PL goal was scored by Ox.

Surprised? That's why it was such a big deal.

Edited by Jamesc
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

any win for Pool in such rotten form of late is a bonus. its even sweeter since it is a derby. 

Both goals conceded by Everton was down to defensive mistakes but Pool's pace of counter-attacking must be given credit in putting Everton's defence under pressure into the errors. Salah got his goal and Gakpo got his goal.  A clean sheet... dun think any pool fan can ask for more at this stage of Pool's form recovery.   Bobby and Jota got off the bench while VVD was fit to be named on the bench.  

The next 2 games are against Newcastle and Real.  This win puts the form trajectory from the bottom hopefully in preparation of these crunch games ahead.  

• Praise 2

Its such a big deal because 18 seconds before we scored Everton hit the post.

If that went in it could be a 1-0 loss with Everton putting 10 men behind the ball and fighting to death like against Arsenal the PL leaders.

It was a big deal because we had such low confidence that Nunez ran the whole of the pitch from our box to their box and 3 Everton players couldn't get the ball off him and his perfect pass to Salah for the first goal.

If Haaland made that run or KDB or Son or Messi made that run commentators would have gone crazy screaming superlatives.

Because it's Nunez no big deal.

• Praise 1

He knew it was a big deal he couldn't resist fist pumps at the end of the match.

He summed it up in his interview

We played the game we wanted to and didn't allow Everton to play the game they wanted.

1687890083_download(21).jpeg.97a9d07482b4a344a31ae5f07b0e81b1.jpeg

• Praise 2

Pool now 9 pts behind Newcastle with a game in hand for the last top 4 spot. This makes the head to head match at Newcastle so crucial. Hard to see Pool getting a win there since Newcastle's home form is quite impressive.  Newcastle has only lost once all season in the league  and guess what.. it was against Pool at home...  guess it could happen again! 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Bajetic is the motm for me. He controlled the mid field well and positioning is top notch 

Can see the first goal meant a lot as the team was more composed thereafter.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Best player since he came in according to Salah.

I agree.

31 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Bajetic is the motm for me. He controlled the mid field well and positioning is top notch 

Can see the first goal meant a lot as the team was more composed thereafter.

• Praise 1

People don't know why we bought Nunez calling him Andy Carroll now they know 

People including Carragher don't know why we bought Gekpo now they know.

We all know how good Saka, Nketiah, Martinelli are this season but they couldn't score against Everton rugged defending under Dyche.

Everton is the type of team that has been beaten us this season.

And in the case of Brighton, Wolves, Brentford etc beaten us badly.

• Praise 1

45 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

First win in 2023 ... :slow:

6 weeks before we get a win in 2023.

We played so badly seeing how well we played it's a big deal.

Both goals were really excellent.

It was like Mane, Salah and Firmino playing at their best and it was with 2 new boys 23 and 24.

You can see Nunez and Gekpo as the future forward line for many years to come and it's exciting.

• Praise 1

What's important for me is that I saw confidence back in the faces of LFC players. 

When Salah scored the opener, the rest of the players were like surrounding Salah as if we have won an important final. 

Loss of form and bad luck were the cause of our ill fortune this season and is such a relief seeing that confidence back on the faces of our players.

• Praise 2

The difference in the game last night for Pool is that the players were willing to run, chase, and press the Everton players.  The combative spirit was back. 

The passing was still sloppy but they make it up by hard running and chasing for every ball.  Those lethargic and slow backward passing were mostly missing which is good. 

At the very least, a very strong fighting spirit was displayed. I have never seen Henderson run so much in a match, lol.  And that 18 year old Bajectic was excellent!

• Praise 2

i dont mean to disregard the value of Thiago but I believe one of the reasons why Pool played well was because for the first time in a long while, Pool's midfield dominated the opposition instead of the other way round.  Fabinho looks back to his old dependable self while hendro and Bajetic was doing the hussling and pressing. There were many balls which were won in the midfield, Everton coughing up possession time and time again.  

When Thiago plays, the balance in the midfield in the way Kloop set ups is often missing.  I do feel that he should be used a lot more selectively against teams which parks the bus.  not against hard running teams who will run circles around our midfield.  

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Jamesc said:

People including Carragher don't know why we bought Gekpo now they know.

Jamie Carragher has said on Sky Sports Premier League (9:20pm, February 13, 2023) that he saw a different side to Liverpool forward Cody Gakpo in the Merseyside derby against Everton at Anfield on Monday evening.

The former Liverpool defender noted that Gakpo showed remarkable pace in the Premier League game against Everton that he had not noticed before.

He is very neat and tidy with the ball. We have not seen that before, that pace past players, unselfish as well.

• Praise 1

Maybe Jamie Carragher didn't watch the World Cup and saw Gekpo scoring 3 goals for Holland.

If Gekpo is not world class VVD would never recommend Liverpool to sign him.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1