NS55

Carbon82

Happy SAF Day all Singaporean son! Let be proud that we have done our part in serving our nation.

8be0f531657bd49212bd161e09fb7465.jpg

To commemorate NS55, The Straits Times ART Department has illustrated a cartoon for the Straits Times NS55 contest. 

Chia9Ci.jpg

Let have some fun while recalling the unique experience we had during our NS days. 

Qw47BU3.jpg

Standby bed in Parade Square is a norm during my era, while the snake queue for coin phone, survival training, "Merlion" (after a water parade), blanket party, sniper, signaller, demo man, engineers, etc. are missing from this illustration. Those were the days... 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 26
  • Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, Estrangable said:

what is the story about "bang bang"? I cant recall it... somehow i do remember using it though 

universal rounds. 

42 minutes ago, Estrangable said:

what is the story about "bang bang"? I cant recall it... somehow i do remember using it though 

50 Universal rounds, use until the enemy died or you died of thirst

• Haha! 3

(edited)

@Carbon82 

our wet and sandy by ndu trainer

our touch tree cum back by pti

our skill at arms leh by ranger pc and PT Sgt 

so much fun time 😜😜😜 

for honour and glory

against all odds 

Edited by Inlinefour
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

There should be an illustration showing a grandmother running faster than Usain Bolt. 🤣

Have arh.... The granny is running faster than the recruit... 

• Haha! 3

4 hours ago, Inlinefour said:

@Carbon82 

our wet and sandy by ndu trainer

our touch tree cum back by pti

our skill at arms leh by ranger pc and PT Sgt 

so much fun time 😜😜😜 

for honour and glory

against all odds 

And not forgetting the 8 days survival training where the whole bunch of hungry ghost chased after an iguana, the over 72Km road march, the numerous river crossing where many of us got bitten by leeches, and the extreme weather in Thailand and Brunei... 

Curse and swear during our NS days but a nice memory now. [:)]

• Praise 11
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
49 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

And not forgetting the 8 days survival training where the whole bunch of hungry ghost chased after an iguana, the over 72Km road much, the numerous river crossing where many of us got bitten by leeches, and the extreme weather in Thailand and Brunei... 

Indeed curse and swear during our NS days but now look back really missed those days. Even though you ask me if i want to go thru it again, my answer is definitely no! Lol. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

50 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

And not forgetting the 8 days survival training where the whole bunch of hungry ghost chased after an iguana, the over 72Km road much, the numerous river crossing where many of us got bitten by leeches, and the extreme weather in Thailand and Brunei... 

If now we gonna do all these again 

siao liao lah 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha! 3

Hypersonic

NS $100 credit can buy durian or not? If yes, better hurry give. Cheap durian season might end too soon.

• Haha! 6

Turbocharged
19 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Happy SAF Day all Singaporean son! Let be proud that we have done our part in serving our nation.

8be0f531657bd49212bd161e09fb7465.jpg

To commemorate NS55, The Straits Times ART Department has illustrated a cartoon for the Straits Times NS55 contest. 

Chia9Ci.jpg

Let have some fun while recalling the unique experience we had during our NS days. 

Qw47BU3.jpg

Standby bed in Parade Square is a norm during my era, while the snake queue for coin phone, survival training, "Merlion" (after a water parade), blanket party, sniper, signaller, demo man, engineers, etc. are missing from this illustration. Those were the days... 

Where's the issuing of condoms when going for exercise overseas? :XD:

quagmire-condom.gif

• Haha! 10

Turbocharged

Saw the section of drawing of the Bobo shooter. Reminds me of the earlier days of NS when there is no electric powered targets and so some details have to do butt party and hold up the target boards. Instructors kept reminding us to hold them steady and straight, not to sway the target boards, otherwise we sabotaging other firers.😁

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 3