NS55

Carbon82

Supersonic
3 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

dunno why my time no MR ceremony. just send us sms go back camp to collect. very anti climax. Maybe they dont want to send us SAF100 and pay us for 1 day to escape from work. 

think if you missed 1 HK before u reach 40 u cannot get the watch and medal. i dunno why give medal. As if we still gonna wear the uniform after MR. 

Really anti climax if no MR ceremony. I have ceremony but i no get watch and medal. 😬 Looks like the one ICT i missed should be HK liao?! Anyway, doesnt matter got watch and medal or not, cause i would not wear it at all, just become another junk.

• Haha! 2

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Fitvip said:

Just received this. So leceh.

Why not credit to our vank acc?

IMG_20220707_181920.jpg

I read it in the website on the Q&A, think they got mentioned why no credit to our bank account.

• Sad 1

Supersonic

Good news: The machines could not process the encashing of NS55 credits on July 7 afternoon, but worked again at night.

image.png.d99d0231acc721573c68482626118d18.png

Good news: It appears that the Sheng Siong ATMs can be used to dispense cash from encashing the S$100 NS55 credits after it was observed that they stopped working by July 7 afternoon.

Proof

One machine located at a Sheng Siong outlet in the northeast of Singapore allowed the encashing transaction to be processed at about 10pm on July 7.

Here is the proof:

Encashing option failed earlier in the day

There was no delay or lag time experienced, as the PayNow option was fully operational, unlike what was observed at two separate Sheng Siong outlets earlier in the afternoon at 1pm.

A message saying that the machine was undergoing scheduled maintenance popped up each time the PayNow icon on the screen was pressed for each machine.

Background

It was observed on July 7 that the Sheng Siong Simple Teller Machine ($TM) -- the supermarket chain's very own ATM -- was able to cash out S$90 out of S$100 of the NS55 Recognition Package credits, while incurring a S$0.20 convenience service fee.

The encashing of NS55 credits was first publicised on TikTok by a user of the platform who discovered the lifehack/ loophole, but it appears the video has been taken down.

As the $TM charges a S$0.20 service fee for each PayNow transaction, and can only dispense S$10 and S$50 notes, S$9.80 will have to be kept as credits in the LifeSG app to be used at other merchants, while S$90 can be dispensed.

Those who have received the S$100 credits in their LifeSG app will be able to scan the QR code on the $TM to dispense the money in cash.

It appeared that for a period of time on July 7, some did manage to encash the N55 credits successfully based on receipts left behind, before the $TM at two outlets stopped functioning.

Why disburse credits and not cash?

The disbursement of the NS55 Recognition Package in credits and not cash deposited into bank accounts allows transactions to be made with Singapore-registered businesses via the LifeSG app.

Cash disbursed might end up being spent outside of Singapore, such as to be used to pump petrol in Johor Bahru.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Hypersonic
6 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

Good news: The machines could not process the encashing of NS55 credits on July 7 afternoon, but worked again at night.

Good news: It appears that the Sheng Siong ATMs can be used to dispense cash from encashing the S$100 NS55 credits after it was observed that they stopped working by July 7 afternoon.

Proof

One machine located at a Sheng Siong outlet in the northeast of Singapore allowed the encashing transaction to be processed at about 10pm on July 7.

Here is the proof:

There was no delay or lag time experienced, as the PayNow option was fully operational, unlike what was observed at two separate Sheng Siong outlets earlier in the afternoon at 1pm.

A message saying that the machine was undergoing scheduled maintenance popped up each time the PayNow icon on the screen was pressed for each machine.

Background

It was observed on July 7 that the Sheng Siong Simple Teller Machine ($TM) -- the supermarket chain's very own ATM -- was able to cash out S$90 out of S$100 of the NS55 Recognition Package credits, while incurring a S$0.20 convenience service fee.

The encashing of NS55 credits was first publicised on TikTok by a user of the platform who discovered the lifehack/ loophole, but it appears the video has been taken down.

As the $TM charges a S$0.20 service fee for each PayNow transaction, and can only dispense S$10 and S$50 notes, S$9.80 will have to be kept as credits in the LifeSG app to be used at other merchants, while S$90 can be dispensed.

Those who have received the S$100 credits in their LifeSG app will be able to scan the QR code on the $TM to dispense the money in cash.

It appeared that for a period of time on July 7, some did manage to encash the N55 credits successfully based on receipts left behind, before the $TM at two outlets stopped functioning.

The disbursement of the NS55 Recognition Package in credits and not cash deposited into bank accounts allows transactions to be made with Singapore-registered businesses via the LifeSG app.

Cash disbursed might end up being spent outside of Singapore, such as to be used to pump petrol in Johor Bahru.

Can just use as paynow rjght? Not difficult leh.

I saw the $100 inside, has not try to use.

Supersonic
57 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Can just use as paynow rjght? Not difficult leh.

I saw the $100 inside, has not try to use.

Have not tried yet. Don't know if it is simple.

A silly. Do I need to wait for the SMS or hard copy letter before downloading the app?

Safra membership is it auto extension. Currently membership expiring in 2029!😁

• Shocked 1

Supersonic
1 minute ago, Kopites said:

A silly. Do I need to wait for the SMS or hard copy letter before downloading the app?

No harm download the App and check. May be the credit is already there but the letter has not arrived yet.

I received the letter yesterday. When I downloaded the App, the amount was already credited on 2/7/22.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Fitvip said:

Proof

Here is the proof:

Background

If this is the real reason for not direct transfer to the bank.....I wonder which elite scholar thought of it?

Look, I use the S$100 paynow to local entities does not mean I cannot take my own S$100 to change to Ringgit to buy from JB or use for Amazon purchases.

left pocket right pocket....

Give chicken wing also buay gum buay wan...

When ask for whole chicken back see if they care where your 9% GST comes from?

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Supersonic
9 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Safra membership no auto extension, you need to login to submit after you received an email from safra.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
39 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

If this is the real reason for not direct transfer to the bank.....I wonder which elite scholar thought of it?

Look, I use the S$100 paynow to local entities does not mean I cannot take my own S$100 to change to Ringgit to buy from JB or use for Amazon purchases.

left pocket right pocket....

Give chicken wing also buay gum buay wan...

When ask for whole chicken back see if they care where your 9% GST comes from?

When I read the reason, I laughed. 

Is that what we want?

• Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Fitvip said:

No harm download the App and check. May be the credit is already there but the letter has not arrived yet.

I received the letter yesterday. When I downloaded the App, the amount was already credited on 2/7/22.

And also help answer this peasant's simple question: Why a nation wide exercise to disperse benefits electronically need to be dispersed in tranches and not with a single click of a button?

They employing FT to sit behind a pentium 365 computer to enter the NRIC number and $100 transfer one by one? 

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Fitvip said:

When I read the reason, I laughed. 

Is that what we want?

What we want, does it matter to them? 

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Left $45, can't cover the full price of tonight ah lian. Maybe go for cheapo d13. 

I am a simple man, therefore thankful for the last week free durians and probably tonights. Just don't think too much of the gahment reason is silly or not and question why not cash. It really easy to use, much easier than the Discover Singapore vouchers.

• Praise 4

Supersonic
8 minutes ago, Ender said:

Left $45, can't cover the full price of tonight ah lian. Maybe go for cheapo d13. 

I am a simple man, therefore thankful for the last week free durians and probably tonights. Just don't think too much of the gahment reason is silly or not and question why not cash. It really easy to use, much easier than the Discover Singapore vouchers.

You really fast hand fast leg to use the credits?! 😂 Until now i still havent go explore how to redeem. As usual like Discover Singapore vouchers, wait until last last min then do.

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
(edited)
5 minutes ago, 13177 said:

You really fast hand fast leg to use the credits?! 😂 Until now i still havent go explore how to redeem. As usual like Discover Singapore vouchers, wait until last last min then do.

Ya, first day use liao, coz wanted to buy ah lian on that day and just nice the shop has qr code on the table.

Next time you go shopping and hawker, take note if there's a big paynow qr code on the wall or table. Can use liao.

Edited by Ender
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4