Summary of allegations against "国宝" Viral Cathay Busker Jeff Ng

noobcarbuyer

It’s kinda not fair to compare an amateur singer to a pro singer. Even pro singer needed a singing coach at the start of their career. The coach doesn’t teach for free. 

It’s funny to read the xiao didi and xiao meimei comments. They expect the amateur singer to have a flawless character. These are the ppl who attend his performance w/o paying a cent. I mean can you blame the singer’s attitude and cancellations? He doesn’t owe anyone anything. The cheapos need to chill and stop judging. 

The news media make his cancellation as if ppl paid $300 per ticket for the performance. He received the negative publicity of course he wishes to stop performing. 

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic
9 hours ago, Kxbc said:

wah lau, Stephanie Sun is ah soh liao! 😰 I still remember when she first debuted. Such a breath of fresh air.

But JJ ah pek I don't like. Until now still don't know what the heck he is singing.

I guess stephanine sun dont really bother now, eversince she got married and got kid, she no longer interested to sing anymore and rather to be ah soh at home. 😂

• Praise 1

Supersonic
46 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

It’s kinda not fair to compare an amateur singer to a pro singer. Even pro singer needed a singing coach at the start of their career. The coach doesn’t teach for free. 

It’s funny to read the xiao didi and xiao meimei comments. They expect the amateur singer to have a flawless character. These are the ppl who attend his performance w/o paying a cent. I mean can you blame the singer’s attitude and cancellations? He doesn’t owe anyone anything. The cheapos need to chill and stop judging. 

The news media make his cancellation as if ppl paid $300 per ticket for the performance. He received the negative publicity of course he wishes to stop performing. 

He stop busking liao? Due to his ex gf bao toh him?

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
7 hours ago, Vratenza said:

there is this thing called "Toxic Relationship" whereby once someone is ensnared by the other party, it is really very difficult to get out of it. It is a type of psychological entrapment.

So I tend to be a bit more sympathetic to the ex-GF for what she went through. Cannot say I agree with her taking the opportunity to pour more oil over the fire, but maybe she really did not have any traction when she just got out of the relationship back then?

Also for the current wife (married for 1 year) who vouched for Mr National Treasures, I can only say good luck to her that the leopard can really change it's spot.

Married. For 1 year. Maybe rounded up. LOL.

(edited)

@13177 LoL at least wait until the bad publicity moved on. Why are ppl suddenly so concerned? If they are truely concerned then pay the poor sob. 

I think he is doing this singing gig for social media viewership so that he could put food on the table but ppl aren’t the forgiving type. 

Edited by Watwheels

6 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

@13177 LoL at least wait until the bad publicity moved on. Why are ppl suddenly so concerned? If they are truely concerned then pay the poor sob. 

I think he is doing this singing gig for social media viewership so that he could put food on the table but ppl aren’t the forgiving type. 

To be honest, he already got the platform and opportunity to showcase his talent to quite a decent number of people.

If he is indeed a "once in a lifetime talent find" or "national treasure" grade performer, I believe he should just keep his silence and let his talent sing for itself.

Eventually his talent will shine through all the dark cloud cast by all the nay-sayers, ex-GFs, ex-friends, ex-family, ex-supporters.... Or not. 

(edited)
24 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

To be honest, he already got the platform and opportunity to showcase his talent to quite a decent number of people.

If he is indeed a "once in a lifetime talent find" or "national treasure" grade performer, I believe he should just keep his silence and let his talent sing for itself.

Eventually his talent will shine through all the dark cloud cast by all the nay-sayers, ex-GFs, ex-friends, ex-family, ex-supporters.... Or not. 

All these si ginah havent reach maturity. Maybe he thinks a nick like that will get attention cos it seems like he is getting paid depending on the number of viewership on social media. Now he knows it is not a wise move. His ex also never give it any thought and blurt out things about their r/s. What happen between his ex and him is between the two of them. Now she had damaged his image and job. Is it necessary? If she is young and dunno how to handle an abusive r/s then leave, the ex has a part to play cos she is in that r/s. Nobody forced her to stay and get abused. 

The whole thing just looks childish to me.

Edited by Watwheels

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

Boomer? Now where did I hear that being used in another thread on this forum recently? 🤔

I only know boomer = ballistic missile submarine [laugh]

Those things that can make a mighty big thermonuclear boom.

• Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

I only know boomer = ballistic missile submarine [laugh]

Those things that can make a mighty big thermonuclear boom.

The closest Boom-er I know is this:

ris-low-boomz.gif.2d06c60b478569cf492b3c60711c143f.gif

• Haha! 4

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

I guess stephanine sun dont really bother now, eversince she got married and got kid, she no longer interested to sing anymore and rather to be ah soh at home. 😂

Are you sure boh?
She had recorded new song(s)

She also a number of online concert past 2 years

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
3 hours ago, inlinesix said:

He is too young to be boomer.

Gen X er lah. 

Most literal baby boomers wouldn't even bother with MCF lol. 

• Haha! 1

13 hours ago, mersaylee said:

I'm totally the two things mentioned...however, luckily I still can catch my family jewels...my condolences that you can't...😁

Essentially...much ado about nothing.

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
38 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Are you sure boh?
She had recorded new song(s)

She also a number of online concert past 2 years

I like no hear her news like very long liao. Maybe we stay in different space, no wonder i dont know what is happening? 😅

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

I like no hear her news like very long liao. Maybe we stay in different space, no wonder i dont know what is happening? 😅

not WE, it's you [laugh]

• Haha! 5

(edited)
23 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Then like that JJ Lin and Stef sun is what ah? 🤣

Just another human being lor....... :we-all-gonna-die:

What do you expect ? Alien :slow:

Nothing but they just can sing better than you, that's all.

You yourself have many talents hor... :serious-business:

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15

Turbocharged

aiya, this is how the new gen works lar. overinflated but fragile ego, the need for attention, cancel culture, entitlement

Nothing new.

Whether got real talent or not, time will tell.

Anyway looking at the chinese/canto music scene now, quite dead, just lotsa shows rehashing/re-singing the same old tunes.

Lack the vibrancy and creativity of yesteryears.

↡ Advertisement