oQqqvCi.png

24 Months Trend Chart (Jul 2020 - Jun 2022) *chart taken from www.sgcarmart.com

fgE36v2.png

PQP (2010 - 2021)

Y77goPF.png

hiSLSLY.png

PQP (2022)

fGmTxaN.png

The details of the July 2022 1st open bidding exercise for Certificates of Entitlement (COEs) are as follows:

Tender opens: Monday, 4 July 2022, 12 noon
Tender closes: Wednesday, 6 July 2022, 4.00 pm
Tender results: Wednesday, 6 July 2022

(Available on the www.onemotoring.lta.gov.sg website)

The total quota available for this tender is 2,023 for the following vehicle categories:

NON-TRANSFERABLE CATEGORIES
Category A : Cars
(up to 1,600cc and maximum power up to 97kW (130bhp); and fully electric car with maximum power up to 110kW (147bhp)) => 617
Category B : Cars
(above 1,600cc or maximum power above 97kW (130bhp); and fully electric car with maximum power above 110kW (147bhp)) => 527
Category D : Motorcycles => 582

TRANSFERABLE CATEGORIES
Category C : Goods Vehicles and Buses => 102
Category E : Open Category => 195

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 10

Hypersonic
46 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

As in Newspaper today..maybe will break 1994 Record $110,500.

I really hope so.

:D

Too many cars on the road.

Supersonic
59 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

So now coe no $120k no talk? 😅

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

I really hope so.

Too many cars on the road.

number of cars on the road depends on number of COE, not price of COE. 😁

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, 13177 said:

So now coe no $120k no talk? 😅

No $150k no talk 😅

But srsly last time correction just before 100k mark. Now my guess again maybe a slight correction before resume record breaker lol

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

110K is cheap lah!

1994 - 2022 inflation is about 85%-90% total (not even counting current surge).  We should be seeing see 200K to match!

"Alternate Measurements of Inflation

The above data describe the CPI for all items. Also of note is the Core CPI, which measures inflation for all items except for the more volatile categories of food and energy. Core inflation averaged 2.22% per year between 1994 and 2022 (vs all-CPI inflation of 2.46%), for an inflation total of 84.87%.

When using the core inflation measurement, $1 in 1994 is equivalent in buying power to $1.85 in 2022, a difference of $0.85. Recall that for All Items, the converted amount is $1.97 with a difference of $0.97.

In 1994, core inflation was 2.85%."

• Praise 2

Supersonic

Collect $1.3B every 2 weeks from suckers like us

Suddenly lycra looks enticing. Can become king of the road somemore.....

• Haha! 6

Just buy used car lor. Get those 2 years left one, $45k full cash / $15k depre. No need to pay loan interest

Problems with sinkies is always must buy new. Condo must new, HDB must BTO. Then complain everything so expensive

• Praise 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, RH1667 said:

number of cars on the road depends on number of COE, not price of COE. 😁

Yeah that's true.

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
44 minutes ago, Fitmugen said:

Just buy used car lor. Get those 2 years left one, $45k full cash / $15k depre. No need to pay loan interest

Problems with sinkies is always must buy new. Condo must new, HDB must BTO. Then complain everything so expensive

I heard jamesc is the best place to get an affordable good quality used car.

Turbocharged

If Coe keeps increasing until even higher, there will come a time when if a person can buy a new car, you know he is really rich. I forsee the government tightening the loan quantum, from 40% to 30%, 30% to 20%. This will put a strong downward pressure to the Coe price. 

1 minute ago, Ingenius said:

If Coe keeps increasing until even higher, there will come a time when if a person can buy a new car, you know he is really rich. I forsee the government tightening the loan quantum, from 40% to 30%, 30% to 20%. This will put a strong downward pressure to the Coe price. 

Why turn off the music and spoil the party? Let them bid high high, borrow lots of money from the banks. It helps keeping the bankers employed, keeping the bank shareholders happy (guess who own the most bank shares?), keep gahmen revenues up (COE and ARF and Duties and corporate tax on the car dealers).

• Praise 2
  • Sad 1

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

Why turn off the music and spoil the party? Let them bid high high, borrow lots of money from the banks. It helps keeping the bankers employed, keeping the bank shareholders happy (guess who own the most bank shares?), keep gahmen revenues up (COE and ARF and Duties and corporate tax on the car dealers).

But the government had done it before right ? That was why the $100k Coe back then dropped drastically. Had they wanted to keep revenue as high as possible, they wouldn't have changed the loan quantum. 

1 hour ago, Ingenius said:

But the government had done it before right ? That was why the $100k Coe back then dropped drastically. Had they wanted to keep revenue as high as possible, they wouldn't have changed the loan quantum. 

I think the only reason they did that is to make sure no one jumps from MBS or Duxton Pinnacle...that will be bad for Sg image and investor confidence.....not that they care about the live lost....😁

• Haha! 3

Turbocharged
13 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

I think the only reason they did that is to make sure no one jumps from MBS or Duxton Pinnacle...that will be bad for Sg image and investor confidence.....not that they care about the live lost....😁

😄 Jokes aside, I don't think anyone living in Duxton Pinnacle will jump, given how high the value of their flat is.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3