COE Bidding – July 2022

Carbon82

Supercharged
(edited)
3 hours ago, zipping said:

huat ha.....

breach e all time high of 110,500

How come this one got no cooling measures like ABSD huh? Hope they implement first car, 50% ABSD, second car, 100% ABSD....🤪

Edited by Starry
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

Jap food to japanese is just food. Chinese food on the other hand is not their usual food.

No wonder some men like to go out and eat hamburger when they can have steak at home。。。

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

9 hours ago, Vratenza said:

I have no problem putting money in people's pocket IF they deserve it.....just not LTA/Ah gong.

Can put $ome in my pocket? Just tell me what you need me to do to deserve it. I am not working for LTA or ah gong, I swear. [:p]

3 hours ago, Arogab said:

Tonight also bring boss go Jap mix with local. Bring whiskey and make him happy. Then tomorrow tell him to release some stock options can liao. 

Work hard no future, must be able to tell story like my Chinese counterparts. Haha

Towkay, can I work for you? Wash and polish your cars (you see my car gim gim goot goot one right), and I can tell story about cars or any others as long as you like. 

@Jamesc I have priority Q 'cos I meet up with this boss before. Join us next round to enjoy the perk. :D

5 hours ago, RH1667 said:

Looking at current COE price and fuel price,  i feel damn rich every time i start my engine 😁

The legendary 脸带笑容,心悲哀 😂

Don't bluff lah, your COE $100K meh, and I know you pump only 92 right? 

打肿脸皮充胖子... :D

But OK lah, after all we paid full cash for petrol, right? I also feel veri the lich! 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 10

I don't think it's sustainable. Sooner or later it is going to fester a lot of unhappiness, especially with everything else also going up.

As much as we want to force everybody onto public transport, I don't think it's feasible to completely do away with private transport altogether. There are some situations where having a car is absolutely useful and perhaps even necessary.

• Praise 2

Supersonic

After 28 years COE price returns to $110k  level, if this is not consider cheap, what else is? 😄😄😄😄

• Haha! 1

12 minutes ago, Benarsenal said:

I don't think it's sustainable. Sooner or later it is going to fester a lot of unhappiness, especially with everything else also going up.

As much as we want to force everybody onto public transport, I don't think it's feasible to completely do away with private transport altogether. There are some situations where having a car is absolutely useful and perhaps even necessary.

They are not afraid of middle class not happy.

• Praise 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

They are not afraid of middle class not happy.

It's gonna backfire on them eventually.

• Praise 2

Just now, Benarsenal said:

It's gonna backfire on them eventually.

Despite the unhappiness shown in GE2020, has anything changed?
I don’t think there is any big change.

• Praise 3

Long term it really is not going to be good for the country. The younger generation are more aware of the PAP's shortcomings. If things don't improve brain drain will become a very real scenario (like HK).

Imagine if your children or grandchildren, cannot buy HDB, cannot afford basic necessities, life becomes inconvenient and expensive. Would they still want to stay here?

• Praise 1

Supersonic
9 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Despite the unhappiness shown in GE2020, has anything changed?
I don’t think there is any big change.

Change or no change, happy or not happy, overall they are still the main gahment lo. Dont think they will care much. 🙄

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
8 minutes ago, Benarsenal said:

Long term it really is not going to be good for the country. The younger generation are more aware of the PAP's shortcomings. If things don't improve brain drain will become a very real scenario (like HK).

Imagine if your children or grandchildren, cannot buy HDB, cannot afford basic necessities, life becomes inconvenient and expensive. Would they still want to stay here?

Maybe doesn’t matter to them if you want to stay here or not. They can make up the numbers by importing FTs, new citizens etc. 😅

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, Mockngbrd said:

coe.thumb.jpg.301e59bbdfffddff1276b2232518206f.jpg

Wow >110k

From One Peak to a higher Peak. Just like property prices 🤨

Hope it does not reach the moon 🙃

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1

Supersonic
3 minutes ago, Newbie26 said:

Wow >110k

From One Peak to a higher Peak. Just like property prices 🤨

Hope it does not reach the moon 🙃

Coe price must match with property price. Current property  price also hit the roof.

• Sad 1

Referring the this ST article:  https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/speculative-bidding-fuels-coe-price-spiral

The writer said that when their introduced the 2nd tier of ARF, it

1) triggered and increased demand for Cat E COE's 

2) AD's bidding high for Cat E helped to preserve the value of their Cat B COE's.  

Can someone explain how this works?

The writer also said that AD's of premium brands sell cars to their employees to meet sales targets & these people then re-sold the cars to customers.  Does having a previous owner (i.e. used car) devalue the car regardless of how long the previous owner had it or the mileage?

Supercharged
3 hours ago, Benarsenal said:

Maybe they have data to show that all these increase in prices are sustainable. The masses could be richer than what we thought.

The children will get decent  inheritance from their parents.  If not, at least some help from parents. Not surprising to hear that some kids, just after 21,  already owned homes.....the parents bought it under their name

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Starry said:

Maybe they have data to show that all these increase in prices are sustainable. The masses could be richer than what we thought.

The children will get decent  inheritance from their parents.  If not, at least some help from parents. Not surprising to hear that some kids, just after 21,  already owned homes.....the parents bought it under their name

Extremely unlikely. At least for COE.  Reason?  COE is a quota.  It's not th price 

Let's say there is a significant number of people who can afford a 1 million dollar COE every cycle.  But this number of people are more than the quota.  This means the COE will just be more than a million dollars.  No matter how much you are willing to pay for a new car, as long as the the number of people willing to pay more than you is more than the quota, you will not get the car.  

The only way this can be sustainable is let's say COE is 100k BUT the quota is not met, just that everyone pays for a 100k COE.  Then it's sustainable. It's just a matter of who got the money. But once a quota is met, that's it.

It's like OSCAR'S award or something.  No matter how good or excellent you are, there is only one winner.

• Haha! 3

9 hours ago, Benarsenal said:

I think it's unsustainable.  Sooner or later, the bubble will pop.  Cos I believe many people are buying cars as investment - aka for PHV.  So if the COE goes up, PHV rates will go up, ridership will go down and then there will be a flood of cars awaiting scrap.

It's like people who buy condos as investment.  They believe the price will keep going up.  Fine.  That may be true. But they plan on sustaining the monthly payments from the rent.  Which makes sense, until the tenants stop coming.  Then they cannot make payments.  And they have to sell off the condo. If it happens to many people, the bubble will burst.

↡ Advertisement
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 1