[Spyshots] 2023 Suzuki Jimny Long

Carbon82

This shall be my retirement ride, if the COE continues to remain at the current level. Anything higher, will go BMW liao. 

Five-Door Suzuki Jimny Spied Flaunting Its Longer Wheelbase

suzuki-jimny-five-door-spy-photos.jpg

The Suzuki Jimny is about to grow a bit bigger and gain an extra pair of doors to make the little SUV a bit more utilitarian. These spy shots catch one of them testing in Europe.

Aesthetically, the five-door Jimny looks identical to the existing version, except for the lengthened body and extra doors. The spy photographer estimates that the wheelbase is about 300 millimeters longer than the existing 3 door variant. The width and height appear to be unchanged.

Another interesting note from the photographer was that this vehicle seemed to be driving without producing any engine noise. This suggests that the Jimny might be getting a hybrid drive train. It's not clear whether the existing 1.5-liter naturally aspirated gasoline engine making 100 horsepower (75 kilowatts) would continue to be available or whether this potentially electrically assisted setup would completely replace it.

Switching to the turbocharged, mild-hybrid engine would give the Jimny improved emissions. This might rectify the current issue that limits the model's availability to a two-seat, commercial product in Europe.

According to a rumor from Japan in 2021, Suzuki plans to call this model the Jimny Long, which fits with exactly what it is. The same report claims this version uses a turbocharged, mild-hybrid engine, which fits with what the photographer of this one is saying. For JDM models, price for the five-door would be about 300,000 yen more than the three-door unit.

This Jimny Long, or whatever it final name is, is expected to be unveiled by end of this year, and become officially available from 2023. Stay tuned for more info. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 14

I'm chuffed, this is a nice vehicle especially if I'm single..
Now with four doors, it might just be practical enough for a laopek to do his shuttling...

But I need more safety and isofix.. plus a good price of course, and then when my baby can drive, this car will be the bashing car where I don't mind dents..

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Twincharged
26 minutes ago, therock said:

I'm chuffed, this is a nice vehicle especially if I'm single..
Now with four doors, it might just be practical enough for a laopek to do his shuttling...

But I need more safety and isofix.. plus a good price of course, and then when my baby can drive, this car will be the bashing car where I don't mind dents..

Can jack up more and can do even better than the Volvo bashing across the road dividers at the checkpoint! 😂

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Tohto said:

Need a better engine leh. The current one engjne boh power.

How about the turbo engine for the current Vitara? 1.6 T

• Praise 1

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Tohto said:

Later under Cat B COE  + CEV C2 surcharge $25,000 who will buy.?

Something I would like to bring my baby to do..

Too bad I can't bring this car to Yosemite...

The car I wanted for it was the Honda Elements:

• Praise 5

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

This shall be my retirement ride, if the COE continues to remain at the current level. Anything higher, will go BMW liao. 

Five-Door Suzuki Jimny Spied Flaunting Its Longer Wheelbase

The Suzuki Jimny is about to grow a bit bigger and gain an extra pair of doors to make the little SUV a bit more utilitarian. These spy shots catch one of them testing in Europe.

Aesthetically, the five-door Jimny looks identical to the existing version, except for the lengthened body and extra doors. The spy photographer estimates that the wheelbase is about 300 millimeters longer than the existing 3 door variant. The width and height appear to be unchanged.

Another interesting note from the photographer was that this vehicle seemed to be driving without producing any engine noise. This suggests that the Jimny might be getting a hybrid drive train. It's not clear whether the existing 1.5-liter naturally aspirated gasoline engine making 100 horsepower (75 kilowatts) would continue to be available or whether this potentially electrically assisted setup would completely replace it.

Switching to the turbocharged, mild-hybrid engine would give the Jimny improved emissions. This might rectify the current issue that limits the model's availability to a two-seat, commercial product in Europe.

According to a rumor from Japan in 2021, Suzuki plans to call this model the Jimny Long, which fits with exactly what it is. The same report claims this version uses a turbocharged, mild-hybrid engine, which fits with what the photographer of this one is saying. For JDM models, price for the five-door would be about 300,000 yen more than the three-door unit.

This Jimny Long, or whatever it final name is, is expected to be unveiled by end of this year, and become officially available from 2023. Stay tuned for more info. 

Oh I see! So next time if there is a 3-row variant it will be called Jimny Long Long.👍😄

• Haha! 3

Can buy. After fixing a snorkel and jacking up the ride height, don't have to worry about rising sea levels or ponding incidents anymore 😁

• Haha! 3

Internal Moderator
12 hours ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Oh I see! So next time if there is a 3-row variant it will be called Jimny Long Long.👍😄

If they come out limousine edition, then it will be called Jim-long-sine. 🤣 

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged
13 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

If they come out limousine edition, then it will be called Jim-long-sine. 🤣 

Or name it a Jimny Extra Long.😄

Twincharged

Reminds me of this restaurant in Shenzhen a long time ago call 福清龙.

in pinyin, it is Fuqing Long. Which my ang mo colleague called fu**ing long. Haha

• Haha! 4

22 hours ago, Tohto said:

I concur. And the 4 speed auto make it very dated (technologically) as well. 

20 hours ago, therock said:

How about the turbo engine for the current Vitara? 1.6 T

Vitara is available with 1.4T Mild Hybrid (export), 1.5 Hybrid (JDM and selected countries) and 1.6 naturally aspirated engine (export). No 1.6T engine as far as I know. 

20 hours ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Talking about its name, a 'SJL' plate will be something nice to go with this Suzuki Jimny Long. [:)]

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged
(edited)
21 hours ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

I think the name "Jimny" can change to "Jin jia", so that it can be really jin jia long.

Alas we may end up wait long long?   😁

Edited by Didu
  • Haha! 2

This is just a CGI, don't get too excited yet. 

suzuki-jimny-5-porte-il-render-di-motor1

Strangely, the 5 Door version looks more like a baby Jeep than G-Class. 

2022-Jeep-Wrangler-Rubicon.jpg

hfa5f4a_1518991.jpg?q=75&wm=1

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3