Unable to unsubscribe from mails

King_Kong

(edited)

I am getting emails that say "here's what you missed on MCF this week!".  There's no unsubscribe link in this email. There is an Adjust your digest preferences link, but this link crashes out to https://www.mycarforum.com/followed/?filter=digest.

2022-07-07.thumb.png.b1d43bf60893a9f7362ee2225e9a9ba8.png

Is MCF in violation of the PDPA by not allowing people to unsubscribe from the continuous emails?

Edited by King_Kong
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

please check your notification setting, it probably link them to email notification,  just change the setting.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
11 hours ago, King_Kong said:

I am getting emails that say "here's what you missed on MCF this week!".  There's no unsubscribe link in this email. There is an Adjust your digest preferences link, but this link crashes out to https://www.mycarforum.com/followed/?filter=digest.

2022-07-07.thumb.png.b1d43bf60893a9f7362ee2225e9a9ba8.png

Is MCF in violation of the PDPA by not allowing people to unsubscribe from the continuous emails?

hi there! for unsubscribing of the followed content, this is how it works. 

Go to your account setting > Click on notification setting > then toggle the followed content. you can curate the notification from there. 

image.thumb.png.571a13dbb1ea22eeaf9e7142ef5ea594.png

We do allow user to unsubscribe to our emails, just that we have many different notification triggers, we need the user inputs to select what need to be switch off. 🙂 

Thank you for your understanding. I hope that this helps! 

• Praise 1

(edited)

Thanks for all the advice. However, they refer to Followed Content, like this post. There seems to be no options for the MCF weekly digest that says "Here's what you missed on MCF this week".

Edited by King_Kong

go to your profile and click manage followed content.

Screenshot_20220708-231404_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ceb05661d0ce07a5f54b0ef639331dd8.jpg

under each followed content, you have few options, choose the one you want.

Screenshot_20220708-230859_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8b3eba946e564d827f9cd6970dbdcfb1.jpg

• Praise 1

On 7/8/2022 at 11:02 PM, King_Kong said:

Thanks for all the advice. However, they refer to Followed Content, like this post. There seems to be no options for the MCF weekly digest that says "Here's what you missed on MCF this week".

you are right:a-toast:

the missed MCF email seems barking me every 1.30am :grin:

Neutral Newbie

it appears that this SGcarmart or mycarforum does not want people to unsubscribe thus making this process soooo difficult. Come on, why make it so difficult? 

i believe this is done to ensure readership does not fall below certain level; i strongly believe this is the WRONG way to keep people in your mailing list. 

Do the correct and ethical thing SGCARMART/MYCARFORUM

↡ Advertisement