Possible to Trade in Brand New Tyres after Car Collection?

Hobbes187

9 hours ago, Hobbes187 said:

After waiting for delivery for a few months, car is finally delivering soon. However, I don’t like the stock 19 inch run flat tyres that the car is going to be delivered with, due to the noise and harshness. I’m actually thinking of changing to normal Michelin on day of collection.

Anyone knows of any shops that are willing to take in the (almost) brand new tyres as trade in, if I get the new tyres from them? Will be good even if it’s just getting a couple hundred bucks back.

My friends have been using run flat from 523 to 528, the other guy on 740, they never complain harsh or noisy and they swear by runflat(they swaer by BMW beand too), why not you stick to runflat?  You may like it after a while. If they dare to fit them on their cars,  i am sure  they cant be bad.  

• Praise 2

58 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

My friends have been using run flat from 523 to 528, the other guy on 740, they never complain harsh or noisy and they swear by runflat(they swaer by BMW beand too), why not you stick to runflat?  You may like it after a while. If they dare to fit them on their cars,  i am sure  they cant be bad.  

That was exactly my experience. The PML car came with 20" runflat P-Zero, thought I will switch to PS4S on next change, I didn't.  

The P Zero are good tires, wet and dry although it can be harsh at times but I grew to love the precise handling and ride.  The PS4S are supposed to be better but I figure I am am no F1 driver and i need to be practical, there is no place for a sparse tire in my G30. 

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Voodooman said:

That was exactly my experience. The PML car came with 20" runflat P-Zero, thought I will switch to PS4S on next change, I didn't.  

The P Zero are good tires, wet and dry although it can be harsh at times but I grew to love the precise handling and ride.  The PS4S are supposed to be better but I figure I am am no F1 driver and i need to be practical, there is no place for a sparse tire in my G30. 

Personally the PML experience is not something I would recommend. Up to the sales stage everything is good, it’s the after service, warranty and maintenance that’s bad.

void warranty cause you run a battery pack for car camera to the fuse (not battery), batteries not lasting 1 year, servicing needing to wait more than a month, warranty issues with no courtesy cars, courtesy cars that are much lower spec than the car you purchased.

I guess that’s why they gotta appoint a new dealer

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

Most BMWs also on RFT.

TS said 19" ,  think Mini rims not so big ? Maybe a 5 series .

Hypersonic

Can be done. But best is pre-arrange with tyre shop and drive straight to them after collecting the car to keep he tyre value high.

I did that when got my current and previous car.

• Praise 1

Bro Hobbes.

Most of the bros and sister here gave you best advise, last but not least it also depends on your needs over wants, I mean are you the easy going type or a bit fussy on the tyre upgrade plus rims, if that is the case, you may have to take into consideration like How long you intend to ride this new car. 3-5 yrs ? if that is the case, set a budget for brand new stock T&R upgrade over an upsize T&R.

Tell your trader boss over the type of car you are getting and choose the correct rims and tyres of you desired choice, taking into prime consideration of BBK ( Big Brake Kit ) if you want to be safe than sorry, even if after 5 yrs later, selling off part BBK or total car plus accessories may add values. I did it on my SUV and I have motorists often taking a peep at my front BBK, certainly it create a reaction. My 0/02cts 😉

3 hours ago, Meanmachine said:

Bro Hobbes.

Most of the bros and sister here gave you best advise, last but not least it also depends on your needs over wants, I mean are you the easy going type or a bit fussy on the tyre upgrade plus rims, if that is the case, you may have to take into consideration like How long you intend to ride this new car. 3-5 yrs ? if that is the case, set a budget for brand new stock T&R upgrade over an upsize T&R.

Tell your trader boss over the type of car you are getting and choose the correct rims and tyres of you desired choice, taking into prime consideration of BBK ( Big Brake Kit ) if you want to be safe than sorry, even if after 5 yrs later, selling off part BBK or total car plus accessories may add values. I did it on my SUV and I have motorists often taking a peep at my front BBK, certainly it create a reaction. My 0/02cts 😉

Thanks. I’m just planning to change the tyres. I am planning to keep the rims as I like the ones given on the car, just not the RFT.

5 hours ago, Tohto said:

Can be done. But best is pre-arrange with tyre shop and drive straight to them after collecting the car to keep he tyre value high.

I did that when got my current and previous car.

Which shop did you go to?

Internal Moderator
On 7/10/2022 at 11:35 AM, Hobbes187 said:

After waiting for delivery for a few months, car is finally delivering soon. However, I don’t like the stock 19 inch run flat tyres that the car is going to be delivered with, due to the noise and harshness. I’m actually thinking of changing to normal Michelin on day of collection.

Anyone knows of any shops that are willing to take in the (almost) brand new tyres as trade in, if I get the new tyres from them? Will be good even if it’s just getting a couple hundred bucks back.

It is no longer considered new tyres once it is installed in the rims. 

The resale value of used tyres is heavily discounted one. maybe trade in at $30-50 per pcs only. And must buy tyres from the tyre dealer. 

• Praise 1