Where to buy football boots now?

Atrecord

Son wanna buy football boots and brought him to Changi City Point yesterday. Surprisingly Nike, Adidas, Puma, Asics, Royal Sporting House all dun sell boots now. Only New Balance has a few pairs of old model, and doesn't have his size...

wonder why now nobody sells football boots... Decathlon also got no size for adults (11.5 - quite big), all out of stocks...

Anyone knows where can find some boots. Am hoping to get a pair today for him to wear tomorrow, and figured trying physical pair is better than buying online as dunno the various brands/models' cutting... (provided got stock)...

↡ Advertisement

53 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

Son wanna buy football boots and brought him to Changi City Point yesterday. Surprisingly Nike, Adidas, Puma, Asics, Royal Sporting House all dun sell boots now. Only New Balance has a few pairs of old model, and doesn't have his size...

wonder why now nobody sells football boots... Decathlon also got no size for adults (11.5 - quite big), all out of stocks...

Anyone knows where can find some boots. Am hoping to get a pair today for him to wear tomorrow, and figured trying physical pair is better than buying online as dunno the various brands/models' cutting... (provided got stock)...

dun need think .

weston at queensway😂

Buy there 30 year liao

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

58 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

Queensway lah.  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 2

17 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

He eastie mah. 

Oh then the next best option,  more centralized one will be Peninsula SC liao, same boss as queensway.  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

@Atrecord

• Praise 3

Not peninsula plaza,  that one is more like a little Myanmar now,  the soccer shoes are over at peninsula Shopping Center opposite peninsula plaza,  beside the hotel,  level 3-4 iirc.  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 4

6 hours ago, Atrecord said:

Sorry bro but don’t believe u didn’t think of Queensway or Peninsula for these type of sports wear. 😂 unless u stay far away and don’t want to travel 😜 

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged

I think it's the size, not the shops. Size 11.5, will be surprised if the smaller shops stock them. Also not many restock as no buyers over past 2 years.

• Praise 1

10 hours ago, Beregond said:

dun need think .

weston at queensway😂

Buy there 30 year liao

Yup if not they also have a branch in peninsula shopping centre if you prefer the city

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, SGCMmadman said:

Queensway sc sure hv. Kallang wave mall big soccer shop, also sells.

Thanks all for the tips. I also remember the famous queensway and peninsula - from almost 40 yr ago schooldays... was thinking might have newer places (other than Decathlon, which i at least know, ha ha...) that i might not be aware of now... IMM and Changi City Point are the 2 main outlets, which the latter also disappointed, so... ask for advice lor.

11 hours ago, Spurman said:

Decatalon also sell leow

Really? Yest just checked their website/app. All no size/stock leh, for adult sizes...

10 hours ago, Beregond said:

dun need think .

weston at queensway😂

Buy there 30 year liao

Weston was there 30 yr ago?? I only bought stuff at queensway, but never remembered which shop's name - cos there were/are so many...

10 hours ago, Tianmo said:

Queensway lah.  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

yup, this the 老招牌 place. Figured if here dun hav, prob no need find liao... 😅

10 hours ago, Lala81 said:

He eastie mah. 

ha ha... yah... but wanted to have sure bet, so i eventually still went there lor...

10 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

@Atrecord remember not to park at Queensway carpark unless you don’t mind then charges. 

alamak... i read this too late... 😥
actually i think only my 3rd time driving/parking there. when i frequented the place, haven't started driving lor... lousy carpark with pillars everywhere, odd shape, and high charges...

10 hours ago, Victor68 said:

Peninsula Palza. These are a few there. 

originally wanted to, as i was going to Suntec first... but figured Queensway had (and still prob has) more shops, so went there instead.

10 hours ago, inlinesix said:

For eastie, go to Weston @ Kallang Wave Mall.

My fren also suggested this, but eventually went queensway, thinking it's better bet...

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Mrmilktooth said:

Sorry bro but don’t believe u didn’t think of Queensway or Peninsula for these type of sports wear. 😂 unless u stay far away and don’t want to travel 😜 

got... as said, just hoping got more good choices that i might not be aware of, having stayed away from the 'scene' like 2-3 decades liao... :XD:

4 hours ago, Karoon said:

I think it's the size, not the shops. Size 11.5, will be surprised if the smaller shops stock them. Also not many restock as no buyers over past 2 years.

You're likely spot-on, though i didn't ask every shop...

and actually:
in the whole queensway, only 3 shops got boots. Weston got the most. Adult sizes, price start from $115 to $400+. Less than $200 models, 屈指可数。Typical is ~$295. Even got 2013 shoes on sale, which i'm surprised haven't disintegrated - as most jogging shoes would...

At one shop, the chap said whole country short supply, as shipments kept being delayed... that's why everywhere no stock... they only got the odd/last pairs there - take it or leave it...

In some sense, we were also hoping that for those shops that might have 11.5, the shops might treat them as 'difficult to sell' and so sell at steep discount... but there were so few shops selling to begin with, so it didn't really materialise...

22 minutes ago, D3badge said:

Yup if not they also have a branch in peninsula shopping centre if you prefer the city

Didn't realise Weston now biz do so big leh... 🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1