Where to buy football boots now?

Atrecord

Anyway hor, couldn't find a decently-priced pair that my son liked... and good thing he didn't pressure us into buying those ~$400 models, which made up maybe one-third of the models we saw!!! This i thought ridiculous... 

And he said can wait for a few days/weeks, so we'll likely look online, now that we've confirmed his sizing...

Thanks again, everyone.

35 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

Anyway hor, couldn't find a decently-priced pair that my son liked... and good thing he didn't pressure us into buying those ~$400 models, which made up maybe one-third of the models we saw!!! This i thought ridiculous... 

And he said can wait for a few days/weeks, so we'll likely look online, now that we've confirmed his sizing...

Thanks again, everyone.

Dun waste money on those $400 boots  lol.

Those fancy predators. Super expensive.  Esp got signatures 1 .

Got some older models. They alway offer. Get some thing 150-200 more then good enough .

Some models like copa.(make in germany) Genuine K LEATHER.  But about 160 only. Because very old model. Its a sure sell . They  dun advertise any more. 

Umbro and diaroda or puma king also have Genuine K leather at good price.

Those new and fancy nike Adidas  dun use real leather any more

I'm truly surprised Queensway no longer the undisputed soccer stuff hub in sg, and boots now cost > $200. 

9 hours ago, Beregond said:

Got some older models. They alway offer. Get some thing 150-200 more then good enough .

Some models like copa.(make in germany) Genuine K LEATHER.  But about 160 only. Because very old model. Its a sure sell . They  dun advertise any more. 

if can kick, bare foot also can score right? [laugh]

30 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

Yet to see any Ballon d'Or winner score barefooted 😁

39 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

Boss. I lose my toenail because I have a spoilt soccer boot. 

I 3 years neber play soccer with my colleagues, then when I go play, i wore the old shoe and play, 10 mins and it give way le. I continue with it, and i got a blueblack nail. Then eventually fell off. 

I have to agree that we don't need high tech shoes. But at least a proper shoe lah that can help you play longer and safer. hahha.

Can drop by velocity. Last I saw there were a few branded outlets there. Might be able to find your child sizes. 

There is also a decathlon at the bedok vicinity. Should be near Chai chee mrt station?

Getting a pair of soccer boots you might want to consider ankle guards (some call it pad/ protector). Don't want your child come home complaining of sprained ankle. 😁

Fully agreed on the above statement - ever have a pair made in germany adidas genuine boots that last me years of enjoyment - could not  find another 100% replacement till today - simply love the leather material

40 minutes ago, Colin03 said:

Its copa mundial ,( the current pair i wearing) 😂

i remember long ago it sold for 200+

full K leather , very comfortable.

Now latest predator, full of fake leather or rubber or plastic, easily go for 300-400......

Edited by Beregond

2 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Boss. I lose my toenail because I have a spoilt soccer boot. 

I 3 years neber play soccer with my colleagues, then when I go play, i wore the old shoe and play, 10 mins and it give way le. I continue with it, and i got a blueblack nail. Then eventually fell off. 

I have to agree that we don't need high tech shoes. But at least a proper shoe lah that can help you play longer and safer. hahha.

Your COE’d  shoe,  COE neber renew lah 🤣🤣 Kenna lah 

13 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

Your COE’d  shoe,  COE neber renew lah 🤣🤣 Kenna lah 

yah. now i am a 9 toenail man. 

48afc6498bfa0ddace51e187b46f3b8c.png&f=1

Actually you can look for Tony at Weston ( Peninsula) …… the boss …. Then next time can belanja me Lim Kopi on the savings 🤣 ( if any ) 

18 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

Actually you can look for Tony at Weston ( Peninsula) …… the boss …. Then next time can belanja me Lim Kopi on the savings 🤣 ( if any ) 

Got discount or not?

😂

My go to soccer shoe now is decathlon. 

Can wear go gym also. Cuz the sole is 100% flat. So good for squats and lift. 

34 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Got discount or not?

😂

Can try lah …… have not gone to the shop in over 3 years now …….. they closed down their running shoes dept only focus on soccer shoes mostly …… can also try their cheaper shop on second floor ( mostly out of date stuff)  ….. like lelong lelong atmosphere ……. Can see @kobayashiGTrummaging there 🤣🤣

20 hours ago, Mrmilktooth said:

Sorry bro but don’t believe u didn’t think of Queensway or Peninsula for these type of sports wear. 😂 unless u stay far away and don’t want to travel 😜 

maybe queensway not atas enough? 😂

14 hours ago, Beregond said:

I was shocked to see so many (not one or two pairs) boots around $400... Am i missing something, or are Singaporeans now all so rich?? i played soccer for years, and bought maybe 5 pairs of boots over those years, added all up also not yet even half of $400...

Where to find older cheaper models leh? Also hor, my good enough is those Decathlon range of $40-80... Even $150-200 i find ex lah... for a first pair of boots...

what's genuine K leather? i lost tough liao, having stopped playing in the field more than a decade... 

5 hours ago, Karoon said:

I'm truly surprised Queensway no longer the undisputed soccer stuff hub in sg, and boots now cost > $200. 

Well... i was... shocked.

but Queensway is prob still the undisputed hub, since Decathlon and Outlet mall like Changi City Point dun have...

just that boots all so ex... cannot find one pair less than $100. Even less than $200 is one-hand-count plus mostly odd size. Bulk is prob ~$270, and many around $350-400. 

shit, when did SG have so many rich people? I tot those who can afford such ranges, should be playing golf instead? 😅