No more Nikons... The End Of A Beautiful Era... don't make it too snappy

therock

For mirrorless to work.

The viewfinder must be LED screen. 

Because the mirror is for viewfinder to look through the lense.

So mirrorless should consume more power because have two screens.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

I thought iphone can do the trick? 😆

It was Huawei 1st to introduce the 30times zoom.

Can see the person clearly far away.😅

Turbocharged
1 minute ago, Atonchia said:

It was Huawei 1st to introduce the 30times zoom.

Can see the person clearly far away.😅

I don't know, digital is like AI. They add what the len cannot see to predict the picture. Makes everything looks great including Boris Johnson's hair 😆

• Haha! 2

46 minutes ago, Arogab said:

I never support Nikon since my younger days when I start to pick up photography. I am a true Canon supporter and has been on the 5 series all the time. 

But it is a true fact SLR will become the thing in the past since mirrorless comes out and probably pushout with more new tech coming along the way

same. team canon. lol. i chose canon because most of my kakis then uses canon and i prefer their designs better. 😄

25 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

For mirrorless to work.

The viewfinder must be LED screen. 

Because the mirror is for viewfinder to look through the lense.

So mirrorless should consume more power because have two screens.

there is a sensor to detect which screen you are using, either the dvf or live view screen. I think what zaps power most is the sensor needs to be on all the time to see the screen while dslr uses mirrors and only when pressing the shutter the sensors are activated. 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
49 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

Any reasons? To me both are the same except once you are used to a particular brand, to switch will takes a bit of adjustment. More importantly, both have good range of lenses and easy to buy from pre-owned. All my gears are pre-owned. Poor man playing with rich man toys lor.

No particular reasons being an armature. But I like the look and feel of a Canon better with their ultra silence fast focusing. Further to that, as a manufacturing guy, I somehow feels Nikon products a little rough in my manufacturing sense only.  Of cos I do see and meet Nikon fans. To each his own, I don't go against anyone.

18 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

same. team canon. lol. i chose canon because most of my kakis then uses canon and i prefer their designs better. 😄

there is a sensor to detect which screen you are using, either the dvf or live view screen. I think what zaps power most is the sensor needs to be on all the time to see the screen while dslr uses mirrors and only when pressing the shutter the sensors are activated. 

So far, I still keep my G16 and 5D3 with 2 L-lens (28-70/70-200) with my 2 flashes. Just that now too much places I move liao. Only G16 and small flash with me and the 5D is lying in the SG dry box. DSLR is a little tough if you go on leisure group travel. I love to bring a lot when I am on personal no commit trip where all going with me is by my idea and planned by me. I had my planned trip back for SG50 too for National day or something like this. Go mountain climbing trip. Or exploring trips

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
8 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

Meaning next time we won't see wedding photographers lugging around 2 x dua paos already? 

They will still be around for several years lah

• Haha! 1

24 minutes ago, Arogab said:

No particular reasons being an armature. But I like the look and feel of a Canon better with their ultra silence fast focusing. Further to that, as a manufacturing guy, I somehow feels Nikon products a little rough in my manufacturing sense only.  Of cos I do see and meet Nikon fans. To each his own, I don't go against anyone.

So far, I still keep my G16 and 5D3 with 2 L-lens (28-70/70-200) with my 2 flashes. Just that now too much places I move liao. Only G16 and small flash with me and the 5D is lying in the SG dry box. DSLR is a little tough if you go on leisure group travel. I love to bring a lot when I am on personal no commit trip where all going with me is by my idea and planned by me. I had my planned trip back for SG50 too for National day or something like this. Go mountain climbing trip. Or exploring trips

My 5D have not been touched for a long while. Last trip used Sony RX100. Plus DJI drone. The DJI is a lot more fun for both video and photos for a lot less money! 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

14 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

The Canon 70 - 200 F2.8 II is really very sharp. My favourite lens. I think Canon also going to stop DSLR. What a relief. No need to spend money to upgrade anymore! 

Tried a few other brands but still stick with Canon.

FF bodies are really heavy so settle with APS-C :grin:

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

14 hours ago, Starry said:

I still got a Canon D40. Is this thing still worth anything and I wonder can a smartphone beat it to a pulp?

40D huh? Pretty decent if you don't mind the weight.

5 hours ago, Victor68 said:

I started with Nikon D300 and then move to D610. Not only is the sensor but the lenses are the ones making the difference. Try a flying bird 400 meters away and you will know why. 😆

Luckily I only shoot landscape :grin:

Turbocharged
(edited)

http://www.keehian.com/gallery/

my pics through the years… I switched from Nikon full frame dslr to Sony a73 full frame mirrorless sometimes from 2018-2019. Sold all my Nikon gear in 2019. 
Sony a73 was the nail in The Coffin and that is when canon and Nikon gave up I feel. The a73 af is better than dslr and once Sony managed to do that at such a price point, it’s basically game over in 2018.

but I can never really tell from the pics which system looks better partly because I don’t pixel peep. The differences are really minor. Over the years I have shot with Fuji, Nikon, Sony, Olympus, even sigma dslr but no Canon.

I am very grateful for Sony for coming in to bring innovation to this field. Without Sony, I think we are still using dslr. 

the diff between mirrorless and dslr is the existence of the mirror to direct the light to act as a viewfinder. This really does not affect image quality as they both use same sensor tech. The differences is how auto focus is done and how responsive your shutter can be. Once Sony figured out the af, they are always going to win as without the mirror blocking the sensor, they can do insane fps with minimal shutter lag which dslr can never hope to compete.

and some of the mirrorless allow no blackout shooting like Nikon z9 and Sony a9 which I feel is a game changer.  

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 3

1 hour ago, Arogab said:

I've moved to Olympus though I still have my canon in dry box. Only use locally if I need to shoot in lower light.

Otherwise it's either my em10 or 5 all the way. 

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

That Canon EOS 300D was my first DSLR too.
After a few months of buying, downloaded a "hacked" firmware to de-cripple the official artificially handicapped ISO ceiling of 1600 and expanded it to 3200.😄 

It was one of the best during those years, can also hack into an infrared camera :grin:

• Shocked 1

26 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

http://www.keehian.com/gallery/

my pics through the years… I switched from Nikon full frame dslr to Sony a73 full frame mirrorless sometimes from 2018-2019. Sold all my Nikon gear in 2019. 
Sony a73 was the nail in The Coffin and that is when canon and Nikon gave up I feel. The a73 af is better than dslr and once Sony managed to do that at such a price point, it’s basically game over in 2018.

but I can never really tell from the pics which system looks better partly because I don’t pixel peep. The differences are really minor. Over the years I have shot with Fuji, Nikon, Sony, Olympus, even sigma dslr but no Canon.

I am very grateful for Sony for coming in to bring innovation to this field. Without Sony, I think we are still using dslr. 

the diff between mirrorless and dslr is the existence of the mirror to direct the light to act as a viewfinder. This really does not affect image quality as they both use same sensor tech. The differences is how auto focus is done and how responsive your shutter can be. Once Sony figured out the af, they are always going to win as without the mirror blocking the sensor, they can do insane fps with minimal shutter lag which dslr can never hope to compete.

and some of the mirrorless allow no blackout shooting like Nikon z9 and Sony a9 which I feel is a game changer.  

LHL uses Sony

RX-100.

Coincidently, I have the Nikon J1 (same as RX-100), pretty nifty workhorse when I don't want to carry something that breaks my back.

Turbocharged
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

LHL uses Sony

RX-100.

Coincidently, I have the Nikon J1 (same as RX-100), pretty nifty workhorse when I don't want to carry something that breaks my back.

Rx100 competes in a different space than dslr. Nikon j1 is bigger than rx100 right? I think Nikon j1 is in a bad space mainly because handphone camera is so capable. I think I have owned 2 versions of the rx100 but I never liked it partly because it is not that much better vs handphone. My last vacation in June, my daughter carried my backpack with three mirrorless bodies and three lens 🙂 

Edited by Wind30

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

My 5D have not been touched for a long while. Last trip used Sony RX100. Plus DJI drone. The DJI is a lot more fun for both video and photos for a lot less money! 

My DJI sitting in China, one Mavic 2 with zoom and one mini😭. My 5D3 is in SG also sitting😭. Sometimes I wonder all this should be kept as cash and I will have more in the bank. These day, the more you have, the more can tell boss. "I am not working liao"😂

• Haha! 1