[Official] 2023 11th Generation Honda Accord

Carbon82

2 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Accord touring or sport in USA. 2.0t, 8 speed auto. 250+ bhp. A detuned type r engine. 

Only acura still has v6 turbo i believe. The top spec one. But otherwise same engine. 

Thanks! Many years ago almost wanted to get the EuroR but went with Legacy GT cos it is non-PI...don't dare to take the risk with PI then.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supersonic
35 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

will definitely be a good car if u stay in the states. Of course can't compare to germans. It was never meant to. A fully spec-ed accord is 36-37k in USA, where a base german would start from low to mid 40+ without options. 

I still like my 7.5 year old car. SG it's not attractive due to price and boh swee design language. Finally Crossover/SUV are where the sales are at for most manufacturers now.

Crossover/SUV is the trend now. Many people switch from sedan to Crossover/SUV.

Supersonic
25 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

SUV not for everyone though....went up once and now back down to normal height😁

Depends on individual, some people once switch to SUV and never come down to normal height liao. But some people switch between sedan and SUV, SUV and sedan when changing cars. And some people never interested in buying SUV at all, even though they have changed many many cars.

• Praise 1

39 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

oh didn't realise u moved on from the GLC already.

15 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

oh didn't realise u moved on from the GLC already.

Yeah, GLC was ok, but do not miss the higher cg feeling when going round bends and corners and larger blind spots when manuvering tight spaces and carparks. :D

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

will definitely be a good car if u stay in the states. Of course can't compare to germans. It was never meant to. A fully spec-ed accord is 36-37k in USA, where a base german would start from low to mid 40+ without options. 

yes, singapore is unique in the car pricing ..

in thailand where the accord will be made, the accord (present generation) is in the region of 1.5-1.6MB but the base 320d is comfortably over 2MB, while the c class starts from about 2.5MB (1MB is about SGD40,000) .. different price brackets ..

(edited)
2 hours ago, Vratenza said:

Yeah, GLC was ok, but do not miss the higher cg feeling when going round bends and corners and larger blind spots when manuvering tight spaces and carparks. :D

Is the A pillar big? I would thought being higher has better visibility like peering down (other than missing shorter obstacles/dangers like children in carpark)

I'm 100% pro-sedan also.

wah from GLC to Mini JCW

Edited by Lala81

1 hour ago, Mooose said:

yes, singapore is unique in the car pricing ..

in thailand where the accord will be made, the accord (present generation) is in the region of 1.5-1.6MB but the base 320d is comfortably over 2MB, while the c class starts from about 2.5MB (1MB is about SGD40,000) .. different price brackets ..

in america, the main competitor to the Accord (other than the usual suspect camry) is ... the CRV. Lol. 

Same with camry/rav4 or mz6/cx5

4 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Is the A pillar big? I would thought being higher has better visibility like peering down (other than missing shorter obstacles/dangers like children in carpark)

I'm 100% pro-sedan also.

wah from GLC to Mini JCW

Not issue of the A-pillar thickness.

You are right on the shorter obstacles. There is a bigger area around the front rear bumoers and sideskirt that you cannot visualize and has to gestimate especially going down or up ramps.

Of course after a while you get used to it, but it is a liberating feeling when going back to a car that is much more chuckable, tigther turning circles with the front wheels pushed to the corners.

SUV has it's pro like space, child seat friendly and cushy ride... Which my son has fortunately outgrown. 

So I will say SUV is a been there, done that, thank you very much, most likely will not revisit in the future. 

Turbocharged
5 hours ago, Mooose said:

haha you can get one over at land of smiles, probably 1.5/1.6 MB region?

Haha, I got Fortuner here lah. But what I am trying to say is if the COE goes down to 50k, I will try to change my ride to SUV😂

Bare in mind I am worker, boss give whatever, we take whatever. We cannot choose, only the thing in your home you can choose😛

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Vratenza said:

Haha, I like the new NX, more powderful than the RX and more sleek leh. But COE is really "si hor yee"

I thought Honda Japan has moved to an all-electric manufacturing plant. The current plant still make parts. 

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Automobiles/Honda-to-close-mother-factory-as-it-moves-to-all-electric-future

So where will the Accord be assembled? Thailand? China?

1.5L turbocharged engine with hybrid assist? Cvt transmission?

This could be the last ICE Accord.

9 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

I thought Honda Japan has moved to an all-electric manufacturing plant. The current plant still make parts. 

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Automobiles/Honda-to-close-mother-factory-as-it-moves-to-all-electric-future

So where will the Accord be assembled? Thailand? China?

1.5L turbocharged engine with hybrid assist? Cvt transmission?

This could be the last ICE Accord.

Accord sold here and Japan could be from Thailand.

• Praise 1

9 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Accord is not dead, but it is dead in sg market. 😅

Along w the Civic, HRV, CRV, City n Ody....

Honda badly needs a new designer. And Akio Toyoda...lol

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2