BYD Atto 3 Electric aka BYD Yuan Plus arrives in Singapore. Launch price of $178,888.

BabyBlade

2 hours ago, Freeder said:

Quoted price haven’t pressed with Buddha’s palm …

The quoted price doesn’t make sense

150kw: $74k excl COE

110kw: $74k excl COE

↡ Advertisement

19 hours ago, inlinesix said:

The quoted price doesn’t make sense

150kw: $74k excl COE

110kw: $74k excl COE

110kW is $20k cheaper incl COE. Don't think there is a need for Vantage to tweak the pricing without COE. There will be buyers.

Buy already then go outside tune back to 150kw? How would LTA know

• Haha! 4

Even without lowering the price for cat A, the price is still very attractive compare to other ev in this cat A segment with it design and features I feel. 

1 hour ago, Wlbwlb said:

Even without lowering the price for cat A, the price is still very attractive compare to other ev in this cat A segment with it design and features I feel. 

Yeah the other models like MG, Peugeot, Hyundai and Kia all have range about 300km only. Atto3 450km win big

• Praise 1

BYD is on a tear with record sales for 2022: https://insideevs.com/news/629273/byd-plugin-car-sales-december2022/#:~:text=BYD plug-in electric car,its 2021 result of 593%2C745.

In Singapore, BYD had 786 new EVs registered in 2022 compare to just 89 in 2021. I know that Singapore makes up less than 0.1% of BYD's EV production (911,141) for 2022. But, I'm expecting to see more BYD EVs on Singapore's roads in the future and will soon overtake Tesla in new EV sales. 

A shame that BYD's PHEV versions are not available here in Singapore. It would be more suitable for those who are reluctant to jump on the EV bandwagon for a number of reasons. 

I reckon BYD will soon be the world's largest EV + PHEV manufacturer (if not already).

• Praise 3

On 3/10/2023 at 2:30 PM, steveting99 said:

@g3827100 @Skyze @Hayhay88  @Fitmugen Paul Tan's BYD Atto 3 review. Mentioned some road and wind noise once the speed gets above 80km/hr - more so at highway speeds. Is this correct?

Like the reviewer say, you have to drive to experience it yourself 😃

For me, the car size is just right. Not too big like ix3 and not too small like Hyundai kona. Range is important cos I lazy to charge. More than 400km range means I only need to charge once a week. And lastly the blade battery is supposed super safe and can charge until 100% not like other brands who advise to charge to 80-90%.

Wind and road noise is not much issue to me. So quiet for what? Not as if I am sleeping in the car 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

On 3/23/2023 at 8:33 AM, Hayhay88 said:

@inlinesix but Coe keep going up where Cat A will hit $100k soon. Lower the range to keep the price 

Yeah, the lower power version could be close to $168k after yesterday's rise, which is the price of the higher power Cat B version during car show in Jan

Edited by Fitmugen
  • Praise 1

@Fitmugen actually still better not to charge to 100% to prolong the battery life. When they tell you can charge to 100% because the higher rated life cycle. But battery being battery will still degrade. The only thing is degrade how much.

On 3/23/2023 at 1:13 PM, Detion said:

@Fitmugen actually still better not to charge to 100% to prolong the battery life. When they tell you can charge to 100% because the higher rated life cycle. But battery being battery will still degrade. The only thing is degrade how much.

Usually, manufacturer has 10% buffer.

100% full = 90% of battery capacity only

@inlinesix normally the buffer is after the 0% mark. So you are still charging it full when you go 100%. but of course if you are like just driving it for 3 to 5 years then can heck care. It will no matter that much

On 3/24/2023 at 2:53 PM, Detion said:

@inlinesix normally the buffer is after the 0% mark. So you are still charging it full when you go 100%. but of course if you are like just driving it for 3 to 5 years then can heck care. It will no matter that much

The car battery capacity is 60.5kwh.  Usable capacity is 60kwh.

Accordingly, when you charge it to 100%, it is up to 60kwh (and not 60.5kwh).