BYD Atto 3 Electric aka BYD Yuan Plus arrives in Singapore. Launch price of $178,888.

BabyBlade

1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

Ninebot is the Company that bought Segway.

EV at $178k no many choice. Maybe MG.

Ok, I donno who makes their batteries. Haha. But batteries stacking and jelly-roll has to be of good quality and then the de-gassing and sealing is very important. Thus, there is a need to use good equipment. 

But I don't do the operations nor head their unit. 

$178K can have cars of many choice, not necessary has to be EV lah

↡ Advertisement

3 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Ok, I donno who makes their batteries. Haha. But batteries stacking and jelly-roll has to be of good quality and then the de-gassing and sealing is very important. Thus, there is a need to use good equipment. 

But I don't do the operations nor head their unit. 

$178K can have cars of many choice, not necessary has to be EV lah

PMD on fire is from some unknown brand.
This thread is about EV @ $178k.

Edited by inlinesix
  • Haha! 1

11 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

PMD on fire is from some unknown brand.
This thread is about EV @ $178k.

Yah, its discussion about this EV and launch at $178K and asking for views mah. My view is can don't choose EV woh. Haha. 

Don't be serious, I talk tok only

• Haha! 1

Just now, Arogab said:

Yah, its discussion about this EV and launch at $178K and asking for views mah. My view is can don't choose EV woh. Haha. 

Don't be serious, I talk tok only

For you, EV will bleed you.

EV is more for ppl that do 20k - 30k per annum.

Most of ppl EV is quieter than your car.

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

For you, EV will bleed you.

EV is more for ppl that do 20k - 30k per annum.

Most of ppl EV is quieter than your car.

Haha, probably quieter before I do all the SP. Now comparable. But EV got the humming sound especially BYD. You will find it annoying. Not like engine noise which is sweet to the ear😂

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Haha, probably quieter before I do all the SP. Now comparable. But EV got the humming sound especially BYD. You will find it annoying. Not like engine noise which is sweet to the ear😂

Soundproofing just add unnecessary weight to the car la.

Humming sound? Just drown it out with music lor.

• Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Soundproofing just add unnecessary weight to the car la.

Humming sound? Just drown it out with music lor.

You won't know till you actually did it and feel it. Anyway, nothing to compare my ride. BYD humming with music, worse. 

And still.....at $178K, I will never pay for a BYD will you?

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Arogab said:

You won't know till you actually did it and feel it. Anyway, nothing to compare my ride. BYD humming with music, worse. 

I will not buy EV until i am forced to do so.

My mileage is too low.  Confirm tio chiat 1.

I was told to avoid MIC Merc.  I will also avoid BYD.

I used to drive Toyota MRS.  That's not a quiet cabin.

I always switch on loud music.  Need walkie to talk to my wife.

I am used to noise in cabin.

Edited by inlinesix
  • Haha! 1

21 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Are you referring to that motor whine? I feel it's quite prominent at speed below 50kph, for an EV. But's that in a BYD e6.

• Haha! 1

8 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I will not buy EV until i am forced to do so.

My mileage is too low.  Confirm tio chiat 1.

I was told to avoid MIC Merc.  I will also avoid BYD.

I used to drive Toyota MRS.  That's not a quiet cabin.

I always switch on loud music.  Need walkie to talk to my wife.

I am used to noise in cabin.

See, that's also a reason you will not want to pay $178K for BYD

1 minute ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Are you referring to that motor whine? I feel it's quite prominent at speed below 50kph, for an EV. But's that in a BYD e6.

Yup, the motor from the E6 was loudest. Once a Taxi driver ask me what sound that is. I told him it is the sound from the motor and he ask me if the motor will make him sick or not. Haha

• Haha! 1

14 minutes ago, Arogab said:

See, that's also a reason you will not want to pay $178K for BYD

Yup, the motor from the E6 was loudest. Once a Taxi driver ask me what sound that is. I told him it is the sound from the motor and he ask me if the motor will make him sick or not. Haha

Initially I thought the whining noise is an artificially created sound so that on the outside pedestrians will hear the vehicle approaching but the noise is rather mechanical so must from the motor or drivetrain.

• Haha! 1

1 minute ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Initially I thought the whining noise is an artificially created sound so that on the outside pedestrians will hear the vehicle approaching but the noise is rather mechanical so must from the motor or drivetrain.

Indeed, some countries place the law to have that vrooming sound. But the BYD one is from the motor and it sucks. Also a little similar from the CVT. But CVT still not so jia lat. 

And BYD, they are not so an efficient company lah. They got a lot of support from CCP mah

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Indeed, some countries place the law to have that vrooming sound. But the BYD one is from the motor and it sucks. Also a little similar from the CVT. But CVT still not so jia lat. 

And BYD, they are not so an efficient company lah. They got a lot of support from CCP mah

That sounds like CCP sarpork co NG

😂

Just now, inlinesix said:

That sounds like CCP sarpork co NG

😂

I once posted before, their cost to build cars and trucks are damn high. And they were supported and subsidized. This was known through a friend who is inside their circle. Not for me to expose. But our company also don't want to take any business with them. You will have to find out why yourself.

Anyway, finally it is not about all above. It is I feel about their quality not to my standard. And the cost, can have many choices, not just stick to EV or discuss within😁

• Praise 1

50 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Yea the sound is not nice, like an LRT train straining during full load, very monotonous.. I like sounds from cars with dips and crests.

• Haha! 1

17 hours ago, Arogab said:

Let this brand die an auto death in spore. China cars not bad but the prices will make the agent lose money 

1 hour ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

Let this brand die an auto death in spore. China cars not bad but the prices will make the agent lose money 

As I had posted in the past, cheap and good will not happen, good, yes.....but will not be cheap. 

I cannot remember they had one model, they were selling the same price with the Camry in China which all claims is good, of cos lah, with the price of Camry

On 10/13/2022 at 9:34 AM, Arogab said:

As I had posted in the past, cheap and good will not happen, good, yes.....but will not be cheap. 

I cannot remember they had one model, they were selling the same price with the Camry in China which all claims is good, of cos lah, with the price of Camry

I really admire the bosses that dare to bring in BYD brand to Singapore. This is risky but to big businessman,  they may think differently from ordinary folks.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1