BYD Atto 3 Electric aka BYD Yuan Plus arrives in Singapore. Launch price of $178,888.

BabyBlade

@Watwheels Shell has very limited ev charging stations. Though they are building up, they are very slow.

Currently, the main ev charging stations operators are SPGroup and Charge+.

While Charge+ majority residing in condos, SPGroup is pretty well spread. 

There is another operator is blue charge, where you can locate the ev charging stations as long as you can see BlueSG cars parking there. The problems are, their charging stations are slow and you will need to compete with BlueSG cars. 

Alternatively, mobile ev charging operator such as P.UP can be an alternate source since they will come to your door step to charge, subject to weather condition if your car park is open air type, and their rates are pretty competitive if you sign up their package. The current issue with P.UP is, they are just overwhelm with the demands they have to be able to reach the destination on time to fill up your ev's juices. 

On 11/14/2022 at 4:33 PM, g3827100 said:

@Watwheels Shell has very limited ev charging stations. Though they are building up, they are very slow.

Currently, the main ev charging stations operators are SPGroup and Charge+.

While Charge+ majority residing in condos, SPGroup is pretty well spread. 

There is another operator is blue charge, where you can locate the ev charging stations as long as you can see BlueSG cars parking there. The problems are, their charging stations are slow and you will need to compete with BlueSG cars. 

Alternatively, mobile ev charging operator such as P.UP can be an alternate source since they will come to your door step to charge, subject to weather condition if your car park is open air type, and their rates are pretty competitive if you sign up their package. The current issue with P.UP is, they are just overwhelm with the demands they have to be able to reach the destination on time to fill up your ev's juices. 

can check with u a few things? gamxia :grin:

how much does the car cam drain the battery? For eg: if you park the car when you come home at 8pm at 80% SoC, what is the SoC when you start the car to go work at 8am?

how many days of footage is stored for cam recordings?

Agent is offering 6 years servicing, 6 years warranty*, 8 years Battery Warranty.. what is there to service since its an EV, and does the battery warranty include 1:1 exchange if the battery health falls below a certain %?

Some SP charging lots are open air.. if it rains and owners still want to charge, is it safe to plug in the charger if it is wet?

Does the car have a separate car battery or does the car's battery pack power everything?

does the charging app notify you about the state of charge while you leave it there and go grocery shopping?

does the charging app just show locations of the charging lots, or will it indicate the availability of lots as well?

there's no charging lot at my home carpark so my main concern is when i need to charge, and i arrive at the mall or office building.. only to see EVs parked there permanently for the whole day like 8 to 12 hours even when their charging is done. this will be a problem as EV adoption grows. or even if i go to petrol stations with just 1 or 2 lots.. if both are occupied then i'll have to wait at least 45 mins to an hour (which i won't so i'll need to find alternative charging lots)

4 minutes ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Some SP charging lots are open air.. if it rains and owners still want to charge, is it safe to plug in the charger if it is wet?

I seen car charging during downpour in the open.  I presumed it is safe.  There should be handshake btw car and charger before charging.

Does the car have a separate car battery or does the car's battery pack power everything?

There is a separate 12v battery just like car.  Main power use to power motor and air cond

does the charging app just show locations of the charging lots, or will it indicate the availability of lots as well?

SP Power and mytransport shows availability.  mytransport only show 2 operator, SP and CDG

there's no charging lot at my home carpark so my main concern is when i need to charge, and i arrive at the mall or office building.. only to see EVs parked there permanently for the whole day like 8 to 12 hours even when their charging is done. this will be a problem as EV adoption grows. or even if i go to petrol stations with just 1 or 2 lots.. if both are occupied then i'll have to wait at least 45 mins to an hour (which i won't so i'll need to find alternative charging lots)

Around where you stay has 1 charging station.  There is another 2 about 5 mins (or less) away.  Use SP Power app to check.

This is based on what i know so far.  Hopefully it is helpful.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

This is based on what i know so far.  Hopefully it is helpful.

thanks bro

ya the shopping mall one usually is empty but i dunno how fast it charge.

the bluesg is usually full.

im not aware that SP actually offers charging lots until i watched that guy's Atto3 review yesterday. will download the app to check.

• Praise 1

12 minutes ago, Theoldjaffa said:

thanks bro

ya the shopping mall one usually is empty but i dunno how fast it charge.

the bluesg is usually full.

im not aware that SP actually offers charging lots until i watched that guy's Atto3 review yesterday. will download the app to check.

Forget bluesg charging. 3.7kw is damn damn slow. Not that cheap also. Might as well go for SP chargers much faster. 

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Oh I din know the mall’s one is operated by SP 👍

I always go there for Grocery.  

😄

Edited by inlinesix
  • Praise 1

@inlinesix

There is this plastic cover with magnet that you can use to cover if you are worrying about rainy day charging in the open air. It is sold in Shopee.

image.png.b4b9fdec72082253635140508cbed390.png

There is an alternative that you can try, that is to subscribe to P-Up. I believe Vantage Automotive (in short we all called the company "VA") bundles a 3 month or 750kWh package as part of the car sale. P-Up will come to your door step to charge it up for you, but it is by appointment. Owning an EV requires some planning, the ev charging stations do not need to be at our door step. 

The ev charging stations has been growing quite rapidly in the recent months, from both SPGroup and Shell (or  "Greenlot"). Some of which currently are free for charging. 

On the question regarding monitoring the charging status, almost all operators (excluding Bluecharge by BlueSG I think) APP will send notification once your EV is fully charged, and you have 15 minutes to move your EV out of the charging lot, which is not too stressful. 

BYD recently also launched its own APP, where as an owner, you will be able to monitor the SOC of your car battery anytime, anywhere. I know of someone whom currently is having an overseas trip and he is able to track the SOC of his ATTO 3 from where he is, 24 x 7! 😅

• Praise 3

23 hours ago, g3827100 said:

Screenshot_20221215_092647_BYD.thumb.jpg.92d6e28c951242d9523916ff6b1ac3ee.jpg

This is how the BYD APP looks like. 

Went to test drive evening. Handling is really good for an SUV. Sound system is good too.

interior design is very nice. Just that for an EV it feels quite slow.

basically very value for money overall. Good car. 

• Praise 5

31 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Most BnB EV will have zero parf upon expiry of coe.

Those ex one like taycan should have parf though.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Why you care about parf? Depre and what you pay is the only what one considers. 
less parf the better isn’t it? Why give extra money to LTA only to get it back 10years later.

what’s the attraction with putting money with zero interest in LTA “bank”. 🤣

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

4 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

Why you care about parf? Depre and what you pay is the only what one considers. 
less parf the better isn’t it? Why give extra money to LTA only to get it back 10years later.

what’s the attraction with putting money with zero interest in LTA “bank”. 🤣

Not about care. But good to know it's like 99 yrs lease hold flat valued at end of tenure.

• Praise 1

This car is probably the most impulsive decision I ever made in my life. 😆

Currently driving a 2018 Toyota Harrier Turbo (bought at $140k when cat B COE was at 32k).

Had a friend who bought the Atto 3 and I was captivated by its front lights during the night when he was driving behind me.

End up I went to their Alexandra showroom a few days thereafter to see see look look and test drive.

Fell in love with a few things:

1) Interior! Personally I had driven a couple of cars and sat in many others (colleagues' Porches, Merc, BMW, Audi, etc) and all were "generic". This was the first which made me go WOW!

2) Quiet drive! I was especially impressed during the test drive. No jerks, quiet cabin, no vibrations.

3) Smooth acceleration

4) The main kicker was that I was offered a trade in value of my Harrier which is similar to what I had been quoted externally. Also there was some promo for Red colour which saw the price immediately reduced to $169,888 instead of the listed $179,888.

I signed on the dotted line on that day. My wife didn't even know I changed car until later that evening when I reached home (all my other cars were bought AFTER talking to her first) 😁

Now eagerly awaiting my collection approximately on 19 Jan while I start worrying about range anxiety. 

Edited by Skyze
  • Praise 8

24 minutes ago, Skyze said:

Currently driving a 2018 Toyota Harrier Turbo (bought at $140k when cat B COE was at 32k).

Had a friend who bought the Atto 3 and I was captivated by its front lights during the night when he was driving behind me.

End up I went to their Alexandra showroom a few days thereafter to see see look look and test drive.

1) Interior! Personally I had driven a couple of cars and sat in many others (colleagues' Porches, Merc, BMW, Audi, etc) and all were "generic". This was the first which made me go WOW!

2) Quiet drive! I was especially impressed during the test drive. No jerks, quiet cabin, no vibrations.

3) Smooth acceleration

4) The main kicker was that I was offered a trade in value of my Harrier which is similar to what I had been quoted externally. Also there was some promo for Red colour which saw the price immediately reduced to $169,888 instead of the listed $179,888.

I signed on the dotted line on that day. My wife didn't even know I changed car until later that evening when I reached home (all my other cars were bought AFTER talking to her first) 😁

Now eagerly awaiting my collection approximately on 19 Jan while I start worrying about range anxiety. 

Congrats! It’s a brilliant choice.

Rare to see a guy these days who has the balls to make his own big decisions with his own money without having to ask the wife/CFO/Minister of Finance 🙇🏻‍♂️😎😀🫡

I’m sure you’ll enjoy the car very much!

ps: I’m still waiting for my wife’s approval to go showroom 😭

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Skyze said:

3) Smooth acceleration

Congrats! Don’t worry about the range. Real range of more than 400km, which cannot be found among entry level EVs

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1