Sun cable. Solar energy from australia

Wind30

4 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

It’s never wise to get free advice from someone who’s not using it …

Can lah...just need to know the why they are not using it part 😁

↡ Advertisement

9 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Friggin stupid australians

As if only the countries that buy their coal will have global warming

and Australia that supplied the coal will be nice and cool!

:D

image.thumb.png.55d9a0e70a790303ce8af7de0e32ac55.png

Ain’t Bogans not smart ??  Compared to our ‘Beng’s ??🤣

• Haha! 1

11 hours ago, Rollagt said:

Very bold plan. Hmm..me no expert in this, but having undersea cable doesn't it sound risky ? since Indonesia have earth quakes and the cable can be easily disrupted and damage. To be more extreme, if one day we no more close ties with Indonesia, they go out to the sea then chop the cable then ho say..

Id worry more about hostile submarines to find a way to cut it.

• Haha! 1

17 hours ago, Wind30 said:

Exactly right. I know we don’t have space but Indonesia has plenty of space. It’s crazy to even think about cabling all the way to Australia…

This tell you Singapore foreign policy from security and partnership reliability perspective . Such project cannot look at economic alone.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
13 minutes ago, D3badge said:

This tell you Singapore foreign policy from security and partnership reliability perspective . Such project cannot look at economic alone.

I don’t think our gov has invested in this, yet. The cable run through Indonesian waters. Instead of relying on the goodwill of one country Indonesia, now you have to rely on two countries… no matter how you look at it, it does not make sense 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Wind30 said:

I don’t think our gov has invested in this, yet. The cable run through Indonesian waters. Instead of relying on the goodwill of one country Indonesia, now you have to rely on two countries… no matter how you look at it, it does not make sense 

That is why we are moving into LNG and will cap such imports from neighboring countries, plus we have the most powerful Air force and Navy in this region. Food, water and electricity, it is not just about cost but about survival. 

• Praise 1

Energy is security

and we should only buy

from people we trust.

:D

Lucky we don't buy from MY

What if they stop supplying like fresh chicken?

4 hours ago, Wind30 said:

Wouldn’t this be the same as internet cable all running at seabed around the world, you need the goodwill of each other for internet services to work. Technically if war one attack the sea cable can send many countries back to 1990s , internet still work but at modem 28.8k speed 

Turbocharged
(edited)
56 minutes ago, D3badge said:

Wouldn’t this be the same as internet cable all running at seabed around the world, you need the goodwill of each other for internet services to work. Technically if war one attack the sea cable can send many countries back to 1990s , internet still work but at modem 28.8k speed 

it is not the same lah... 

internet cable is not one cable... there are many many cables....

I don't see your point anyway. We do need Indonesia goodwill for this cable to work and you agree with me. So why do it in Australia where you have to depend on both australia and indonesia. 

Do it in indonesia cheaper and easier. maybe the amount of sunshine is less but definately more reliable.

Edited by Wind30

On 7/19/2022 at 7:10 PM, Voodooman said:

Not sure the cost, but it sounds expensive. 

Our friendly neighbors can turn off the lights, like our water and chickens. 

And Australia cannot?

Just look at how they f**ked east timor over.

• Haha! 1

13 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

And Australia cannot?

As long as we maintain the same foreign + security policy “alliance” like the last 57 years, we all need each other and scratch each other in the alliance. Alliance is more than Australia 

East Timor relationship with Australia is far different from Singapore and Australia.

18 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

And Australia cannot?

As long as we maintain the same foreign + security policy “alliance” like the last 57 years, we all need each other and scratch each other in the alliance. Alliance is more than Australia 

East Timor relationship with Australia is far different from Singapore and Australia.

This tell you the unspoken open secret  “security policy”

37 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

And Australia cannot?

Imagine your wife staying in same household as your mother.

Fact is there will be more conflicts with close neighbours vs those that are far far away.  

Australia will always have more conflicts with Indonesia vs with Singapore lah. Relationship between countries is very practical one. 

Rather then building cable undersea to transfer power 

shouldn't we be looking at more practical method , like building gas pipe and buy gas instead

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Beregond said:

Rather then building cable undersea to transfer power 

shouldn't we be looking at more practical method , like building gas pipe and buy gas instead

err..... the whole point of this discussion is going renewable energy. I think we already have the gas pipes. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1