Sun cable. Solar energy from australia

Wind30

On 7/20/2022 at 3:38 PM, D3badge said:

Wouldn’t this be the same as internet cable all running at seabed around the world, you need the goodwill of each other for internet services to work. Technically if war one attack the sea cable can send many countries back to 1990s , internet still work but at modem 28.8k speed 

When there was an earthquake. SFO cables for the internet went down.. yes we have undersea cables for internet. 

↡ Advertisement

On 7/20/2022 at 10:45 AM, Wind30 said:

I don’t think our gov has invested in this, yet. The cable run through Indonesian waters. Instead of relying on the goodwill of one country Indonesia, now you have to rely on two countries… no matter how you look at it, it does not make sense 

To power just 20-25% of Singapore’s electricity needs (24/7 with battery storage), the amount of land needed is huge. 

Indonesia just don’t have dirt cheap uninhabited land that Australia has to offer, at least not in Riau Islands, which is quite populated. 

I am no engineer but i am curious to know the transmission loss for such a long distance undersea cable. 

• Praise 1

Why would an Australian company want to build a pipeline to supply us with solar energy when they can get such a high price selling in Australia?

Beat me!

:D

Treasury has assumed in the federal budget that retail power prices will increase by an average of 20 per cent nationally in late 2022, and a further 30 per cent in 2023/24.

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Why would an Australian company want to build a pipeline to supply us with solar energy when they can get such a high price selling in Australia?

Beat me!

Treasury has assumed in the federal budget that retail power prices will increase by an average of 20 per cent nationally in late 2022, and a further 30 per cent in 2023/24.

The brand of the country name :- SINGAPORE

As Singaporean goes around in other countries, we get some respect because we are from Singapore. 😎

😄😄😄

Just like mentioning MIL, we know who we are talking about in MCF  😆😆

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Australia is a really funny country to me.

They kenna really bad droughts and really bad forest fires, really bad floods but a lot of them Liberals and Nationals don't believe in climate change.

They think its a hoax and the thing is many of them are farmers who kenna droughts for 5, 6, 7, 8 years!

1.jpg.71d98f7836967cd67906ed566736981a.jpg

1.jpg.ac4c214ebad48a2e88584c9347bf99e8.jpg

1.jpg.dd759e4a2e46c82158be92c05bf224c9.jpg

43 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

They kenna really bad droughts and really bad forest fires, really bad floods but a lot of them Liberals and Nationals don't believe in climate change.

They think its a hoax and the thing is many of them are farmers who kenna droughts for 5, 6, 7, 8 years!

Australia funny, Singapore lagi worst.... 😯

Sold off "Christmas Island" to Australia .... 😑

How nice if Christmas Island still ours and I can set up my Retirment home there watching 'Red' crabs migrate once a year from forest to the sea to spawn. 😎😎

• Haha! 4

On 7/21/2022 at 9:59 PM, Voodooman said:

To power just 20-25% of Singapore’s electricity needs (24/7 with battery storage), the amount of land needed is huge. 

Indonesia just don’t have dirt cheap uninhabited land that Australia has to offer, at least not in Riau Islands, which is quite populated. 

I am no engineer but i am curious to know the transmission loss for such a long distance undersea cable. 

Good to check is there any other country around the world doing this for this distance and how is the efficiency? Tiny red dot want to be the first guinea pig har? 

• Praise 1

Does the technology even exist for a 4000km subsea power cable?

The best tech solution is link up OZ to Java, and then Java-Sumatra-Batam-Sg.

But its also the WORST political solution. 

On 1/11/2023 at 2:49 PM, Jamesc said:

Actually imho, belief in climate change has two forms.

One is that it's a natural cycle and we are now in the cycle when the earth will heat up. So whatever we do is going to be useless.

Second is climate change is because of our activities and we can reverse climate change or slow it down by modifying our activities.

Many climate change "deniers" actually are from the first group as opposed to people who actually deny that any climate change is happening.

• Haha! 2

11 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Many climate change "deniers" actually are from the first group as opposed to people who actually deny that any climate change is happening.

Funny thing is all the US politicians that say climate change is natural

all got very large donations from the oil, gas and coal companies.

I wonder if this is a coincidence.

• Praise 1

On 7/19/2022 at 7:40 PM, Ho2786 said:

SG government not stupid

will only buy solar power if someone stupid enough to build it

Yes no need to build it ourselves, just buy will do.

If we want to cross the river, 造船過河, 不如借船過河. No need to own the cows if we just want to drink some fresh milk every morning.

With 4,200km,  I don't know how are they going to do failure analysis and repair work in the deep waters.

• Haha! 1

24 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

No need to own the cows if we just want to drink some fresh milk every morning.

Single men always tell me this.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

22 hours ago, inlinesix said:

We are the Guinea Pig

If anyone can deliver solar power to Singapore from Australia or elsewhere at a competitive rate, we pay. Otherwise there is no money changing hands. It is private money that is invested. Who is the guinea pig? Lol

Edited by Voodooman
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

If anyone can deliver solar power to Singapore from Australia or elsewhere at a competitive rate, we pay. Otherwise there is no money changing hands. It is private money that is invested. Who is the guinea pig? Lol

No one started such a long-distance power transmission project.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1