should gov give COE rebate to households with many children?

Wind30

Its very simple

Dick bought a car with Cat A 80k COE

End of the first year of his car use

he gets a check for $800

He can use the $800 for his wife's new LV bag 

if that's what he want or use it to pay for his car installments.

Dick has the freedom to choose.

:D

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Thanks for your reply James, its very helpful.

But Dick says the LV bag is for his BIG family too! So he's wondering if he should get another rebate for the LV bag? Otherwise how is he going to bring around all his baby stuff to and from the car?

Edited by Vulkan

This policy comes from utility

A big LV bag works as well as a big non branded bag.

You can take 3 strollers or prams on the bus or train or PHV or taxi

but its a lot easier if you have a car.

6 minutes ago, Vulkan said:

But Dick says the LV bag is for his BIG family too! So he's wondering if he should get another rebate for the LV bag? Otherwise how is he going to bring around all his baby stuff to and from the car?

Hm so hard ur question let me think about it

Screenshot_20220729-135852_Chrome.jpg

• Haha! 2

I cannot sleep at night thinking of low birth rates affecting GDP

that if any good looking newly wed lady still cannot have 

I am willing to give it a short or two.

Why Dick's wife set her sights so low?

Herpes bags are the best and that's what she should ask Dick to get.

My fren Rosie has many Herpes.

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Vulkan said:

My heart goes out to Dick..... I am sure if he had known that there are no rebate given for the LV bag that the wife "needed"... He probably would have stopped at 2 kids.... 

• Haha! 2

(edited)

@Wind30Now you have made it quite clear that your proposed policy is targeting the well to do but yet not so well to do. 

Child bearing is god send. It does not mean when you want kids and you'll have kids. There are couples no matter how hard they have tried, they simply cannot conceive. Some even went through IVF cycles which is not cheap. I would not speculate the number. My ex colleague, my niece, my ex boss, my tour mates, just to name a few. They are professionals, super scale officers. They are DINKs. 

All these would be "punished" for no fault of theirs to fund the luxury of others? Would it be a double blow to them?

Edited by Fitvip
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)
36 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

@Wind30Now you have made it quite clear that your proposed policy is targeting the well to do but yet not so well to do. 

Child bearing is god send. It does not mean when you want kids and you'll have kids. There are couples no matter how hard they have tried, they simply cannot conceive. Some even went through IVF cycles which is not cheap. I would not speculate the number. My ex colleague, my niece, my ex boss, my tour mates, just to name a few. They are professionals, super scale officers. They are DINKs. 

All these would be "punished" for no fault of theirs to fund the luxury of others? Would it be a double blow to them?

At the end of the day, there is always people who benefit and those that get “punished” like you said. The question u need to as is not whether it’s fair to the people punished but the policy as a whole does the pros outweighs the cons. It is never “fair” to the people punished. 
u have to ask, does a car give more benefit to a family of five vs to a dink family? 

example, if u look solely at the taxes on the rich, does it seem fair??? U need to see both sides, how the money taxed is helping the poor.

Edited by Wind30

21 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Useless things. If it didn't break I wouldn't have my MIL.

She's much more Durable than Durex. And she also ribs you for pleasure. Hers. 😁

• Haha! 1

Supercharged
3 hours ago, Wind30 said:

At the end of the day, there is always people who benefit and those that get “punished” like you said. The question u need to as is not whether it’s fair to the people punished but the policy as a whole does the pros outweighs the cons. It is never “fair” to the people punished. 
u have to ask, does a car give more benefit to a family of five vs to a dink family? 

example, if u look solely at the taxes on the rich, does it seem fair??? U need to see both sides, how the money taxed is helping the poor.

I have an alternate proposal.

I think govt should give 50% COE discount to Male singaporean, similar age group as me, similar housing type as me  and similar number of children as me. Who cares about fairness.... huat ah!

• Haha! 3

On 7/29/2022 at 12:21 PM, Jamesc said:

It's not so much kids cannot take public transport it parents with infants needing to use prams or baby strollers.

If only 2 kids husband can push one and wife can push one and use the bus.

But if got 3?

A bit more difficult.

The oldest one should be able to walk. Just need to tie a harness and leash! Unless got twins. 

• Haha! 1

On 7/29/2022 at 12:21 PM, Jamesc said:

It's not so much kids cannot take public transport it parents with infants needing to use prams or baby strollers.

If only 2 kids husband can push one and wife can push one and use the bus.

But if got 3?

A bit more difficult.

Duplicate.... 

Edited by Volvobrick
↡ Advertisement