'Town council rejected compensating me': Driver at loss after Volkswagen damaged by spalling concrete at Tekka Centre carpark

zipping

Supersonic
9 hours ago, Kopites said:

Principle that matter. 

Unless at the entrance carpark a signage was put up claiming "owner park at their own risk". 

Ya lo, many people have strong principle de. Lol.

Thats why you see most of those commercial carpark, usually there would have a signage that say car owner park at their own risk and the building mangement would not responsible for any mishap events happened to your car etc.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged

I assume that the car is perfectly drivable and only some cosmetic damage to the top and bonnet.

Maybe after this the owner will go and repair at his own cost, maybe $500

I think take legal action since nobody wants to be responsible. Not the car owner's fault. They seemingly say "wear and tear" but did not take the necessary precaution to close the entire carpark to do the repair works. Sue the TC and contractor for compensation. Only way going forward.

• Praise 4

(edited)

If ppl look at the stomp pictures it is not only paint flakes, look at the floor, those are concrete slabs.

whatsapp_image_2022-07-22_at_10.29.05_am

The carpark should have been closed entirely.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

(edited)

If it was a human being ppl will say differently. Like this poor boy, got hit while taking a shower.

hdb1.jpg?itok=2xjCX4QW

hdb3.jpg?itok=LWV_0GLk

After seeing these pics what will ppl say now?

The parents got no money to pay for medical fees?

Or say it is only concrete dust that landed on him?

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 4

9 hours ago, Macrosszero said:

VW Golf very expensive meh?

Every car in SGP is expensive. Can afford to drive should already command a lot of respect, at least from me .😄😄

• Praise 1

(edited)
29 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

If it was a human being ppl will say differently. Like this poor boy, got hit while taking a shower.

hdb1.jpg?itok=2xjCX4QW

hdb3.jpg?itok=LWV_0GLk

After seeing these pics what will ppl say now?

The parents got no money to pay for medical fees?

Or say it is only concrete dust that landed on him?

This one, while i am sympathetic,  i would also think the concrete must have tell tale signs of falling off, a concrete will not fall off over night just like that. The family might have left it unattended and continued to leave the condition deteriorate.  Pardon me if I am wrong.

Edited by Ct3833

1 minute ago, Ct3833 said:

This one, while i am sympathetic,  i would also think the concrete must have tell tale signs of falling off, a concrete will not fall off over night just like that.  Pardon me if I am wrong.

You ask yourself lo. After parking your car do you for no reason look up and say, "that sh!t is going to fall off".

Or as a matter of fact who will look up and stare at the ceiling after parking their car?

• Praise 1

14 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

If ppl look at the stomp pictures it is not only paint flakes, look at the floor, those are concrete slabs.

whatsapp_image_2022-07-22_at_10.29.05_am

The carpark should have been closed entirely.

2 different issue here. 

1) spalling concrete is danger to the public safety, the affected section should have been closed off for maintenance after being spotted during regular inspection and maintenance. Question is how often the inspections (if any) were carried out by the TC's contractor and when was the last documented inspection? If the contractors charge TC for eyeball power, they jolly well do a good job of it. 

2) judging from the size and esimated weight and height of carpark ceiling, the impact would have at most cosmetic damages to the bonnet that is a simple sand-putty-sand-primer-spray job. As said by many, probably the manifestation of our disgusting motor insurance claim ballooned quote by the workshop. The owner probably know that but as a "matter of principle" decided to insist on the 8k quoted. Not too sure if any "loss of use" claim is included in the 8k.  Is it a PHV? 

• Praise 1

Respray whole car + polish kilat kilat + high end coating =  New car looks.

Maybe TC saw the bill then say not their daiji lor.......if $800 maybe TC will pay..

• Praise 1

Supersonic
6 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

You ask yourself lo. After parking your car do you for no reason look up and say, "that sh!t is going to fall off".

Or as a matter of fact who will look up and stare at the ceiling after parking their car?

Like that next time after i have parked my car, i must look up at the ceiling liao?! Lol.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Supersonic
43 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Ya lo, many people have strong principle de. Lol.

Thats why you see most of those commercial carpark, usually there would have a signage that say car owner park at their own risk and the building mangement would not responsible for any mishap events happened to your car etc.

That onli applies if there's no human injury involved. Otherwise smlj disclaimer oso no use 

1 hour ago, Scion said:

wow this is something new

last time i worked in facility management

how i wish i could say it's wear and tear and it's not my dai ji 😁

this news come too late

If dua liap lang with their big tour group come your factory to bless your business then your carpark drop concrete on Dua Liap lang head 

DA92B3DF-ABA6-4C03-B566-EDBB5D1C9F38.gif

• Haha! 2

(edited)
15 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

2 different issue here. 

1) spalling concrete is danger to the public safety, the affected section should have been closed off for maintenance after being spotted during regular inspection and maintenance. Question is how often the inspections (if any) were carried out by the TC's contractor and when was the last documented inspection? If the contractors charge TC for eyeball power, they jolly well do a good job of it. 

2) judging from the size and esimated weight and height of carpark ceiling, the impact would have at most cosmetic damages to the bonnet that is a simple sand-putty-sand-primer-spray job. As said by many, probably the manifestation of our disgusting motor insurance claim ballooned quote by the workshop. The owner probably know that but as a "matter of principle" decided to insist on the 8k quoted. Not too sure if any "loss of use" claim is included in the 8k.  Is it a PHV? 

1) like I said the carpark should be closed entirely for the repair works.

2) I dont work in a body repair shop. I am not a "makat" expert. But I do notice the hood has 2 layers. Whatever dent on top of it you might no see it underneath cos of the 2nd layer of sheet metal. That means the makat guy cannot simply use a hammer to knock the metal sheet back to shape. He will have to pull by means of welding metal rods on top of the dent and knock in the other direction. It takes skill. If really 8K includes makat, paint and polish, it is possible cos it takes time to repair it. Anyway I cant see the extensive of the damage on the car itself, so it is difficult to comment. The 8K could include loss of car usage, so the workshop will include the price of leasing a car for the owner. And it depends on how long it takes to do the repairs. Workshop confirm will make money out of the whole thing.

If AD workshop lagi more ex. The quote could be from them.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

16 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

I am referring to the photo that you posted, the family who live in the house must have seen the condition themselve but they did nothing about it until the whole piece get fallen off. 

The VW case is a matter of luck, whether he can claim from the property owner is debatable. Of course as a car owner we hope can claim but from the peoperty owner point of view, they will have their side of the story as well. And there might be a larger implications in future cases.

↡ Advertisement