Ch 8 Drama: Your World In Mine 你的世界我们懂

Raubern

17 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

for your information Ritchie's character is not an autism kid, he is intellectual/mental disable which is different from autism. 

I stand corrected on the different condition that was being portrayed and compared. 

But my reason for bringing up the acting by the korean actor is to showcase the difference in the standard of acting a difficult role.

I have my fair share of interaction with the intellectually disabled from my volunteer work and sometimes in my line of work, so my standard of measurement is abit different from most I guess.

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

If one is intrinsically biased against local production, any show will be deemed shitty.

But Adrianli said before, if even locals don’t support local production then it’s a goner. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I chanced upon this show when I visited my parents, and the show sucks.  The acting and cinematography and quality of the show still stays at the same standard as many years ago.  Just because the role of a mentally disabled has many chances for expression doesn't make the actor a good one.  

Supersonic
13 hours ago, Jman888 said:

for your information Ritchie's character is not an autism kid, he is intellectual/mental disable which is different from autism. 

So if he is acting as an intellectual/mental disable child, all his behaviour in the show portray correctly? 

15 hours ago, Vratenza said:

To support what my standard of comparison is just to be fair to Ritchie for my review of his performance, the best actor protrayal of an autistic child/adult is by this korean actor who played the lead's elder autistic brother in the show "It's Ok not to Be OK"

its-okay-to-not-be-okay-04.jpg.70f69b178158dac9228451b34e85737f.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1417603wpp/16-k-dramas-that-deal-with-mental-health

How abt Dustin Hoffman in Rain Man ?

To me, he was really good in that role…

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Freeder said:

How abt Dustin Hoffman in Rain Man ?

To me, he was really good in that role…

He is really good in that as well. But then again somehow the similar (asian) cultural setting and context makes the korean one endears to me much more. 

Chen Hanwei and Ann Kok reunite in new drama Healing Heroes – and reminisce about Morning Express

https://cnalifestyle.channelnewsasia.com/entertainment/healing-heroes-channel-8-chen-hanwei-ann-kok-pierre-png-zhang-zetong-324761

upcoming show got Dr Paige Chua, missy Ann Kok, junior Drs Sheryl Ang and Gini Chang.  [gorgeous]

and best of all ... no Bryan Wong :XD:

whatsapp_image_2022-07-28_at_7.33.32_pm.jpeg

whatsapp_image_2022-07-28_at_7.19.51_pm.jpeg

whatsapp_image_2022-07-28_at_7.19.53_pm.jpeg

• Haha! 1

Supercharged
9 minutes ago, Blueray said:

Chen Hanwei and Ann Kok reunite in new drama Healing Heroes – and reminisce about Morning Express

https://cnalifestyle.channelnewsasia.com/entertainment/healing-heroes-channel-8-chen-hanwei-ann-kok-pierre-png-zhang-zetong-324761

upcoming show got Dr Paige Chua, missy Ann Kok, junior Drs Sheryl Ang and Gini Chang.  [gorgeous]

This show many chiobus, both young and mature. But got CHW again. 

• Haha! 2

2 minutes ago, Daniu82 said:

CHW act drama is ok.

he act comedy is over act. end up not funny [grin]

Supersonic
20 minutes ago, Blueray said:

Eeeekk, got chen hanwei. 🤢

• Haha! 3

Supersonic
11 minutes ago, Daniu82 said:

This show like similar like You Can Be an Angel. So this drama is for weekdays 7.30pm slot?! Thought this one is 9pm new drama.

9 minutes ago, Blueray said:

only want to see ann kok. the rest no interested.

On 7/28/2022 at 8:34 AM, Fcw75 said:

If one is intrinsically biased against local production, any show will be deemed shitty.

But Adrianli said before, if even locals don’t support local production then it’s a goner. 

im not biased but that majority of our local dramas, expect those from Wawa, are very boring. It's always the same kind of plot, story telling, ending, ensemble casting and sometimes politically influenced. It's quite soapy for me. The last show i can remember that i like is 大英雄. Even that,the plot got boring towards the end and i didn't even bother watching the ending. Which is what i do for most channel 8 dramas - i will always skip the last few episodes. 

• Haha! 2

Supersonic
10 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

only want to see ann kok. the rest no interested.

im not biased but that majority of our local dramas, expect those from Wawa, are very boring. It's always the same kind of plot, story telling, ending, ensemble casting and sometimes politically influenced. It's quite soapy for me. The last show i can remember that i like is 大英雄. Even that,the plot got boring towards the end and i didn't even bother watching the ending. Which is what i do for most channel 8 dramas - i will always skip the last few episodes. 

True, most of the production from Wawa is good. I like 三个小愿望 and 美味下半场 which are from Wawa. 229明天见 i find also not bad.

• Praise 2

(edited)
46 minutes ago, Blueray said:

paige chua really look like female lokun. 

the 2 guys really look like medical student hairstyle. lol.
Like post NS, want to keep hair a bit long and don't cut so often can save some money...

Edited by Lala81
  • Haha! 1

56 minutes ago, 13177 said:

True, most of the production from Wawa is good. I like 三个小愿望 and 美味下半场 which are from Wawa. 229明天见 i find also not bad.

Yeah. But my fave is 起飞. Main reason is I have no interest in xinyao and yet can still get hooked. Lol. 

Supersonic
6 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

Yeah. But my fave is 起飞. Main reason is I have no interest in xinyao and yet can still get hooked. Lol. 

This drama i no watch. 😅