Commonwealth games

Kopites

11 hours ago, Blueray said:

FTW FTW ! [thumbsup]

Commonwealth Games: Table tennis veteran Feng Tianwei reclaims singles title in comeback win

https://www.straitstimes.com/sport/commonwealth-games-table-tennis-veteran-feng-tianwei-reclaims-singles-title-in-comeback-win

quite touch to see her tears when the flag goes up. she probably tears for her own hard work for achieving another high yet for the sunset in her career as a player.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

9 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

quite touch to see her tears when the flag goes up. she probably tears for her own hard work for achieving another high yet for the sunset in her career as a player.

yup, quite a gutsy performance from FTW. [thumbsup]

dunno what was the issue with STTA previously but am glad she regrouped and recharged herself. 

Commonwealth Games: Yeo Jia Min wins S'pore's first badminton women's singles medal since 2002

https://www.straitstimes.com/sport/cwealth-games-yeo-jia-min-wins-spores-first-badminton-womens-singles-medal-since-2002

Commonwealth Games: Singapore shuttlers in mixed doubles final after stunning Malaysia

https://www.straitstimes.com/sport/commonwealth-games-singapores-terry-hee-and-jessica-tan-in-mixed-doubles-final-after-beating-malaysia

husband + wife team

Edited by Blueray
  • Praise 2

22 hours ago, Jman888 said:

he didn't have strong 求胜意志,maybe because he has 偶像包袱。

He is 昙花一现.

We immortalise him too early, and give him overwhelming pressure and expectation.

Our politican, media leech off him in every possible way, Look  schooling, same thing happen.

I really not surprise at Lee form now.........

• Praise 1

27 minutes ago, Beregond said:

He is 昙花一现.

We immortalise him too early, and give him overwhelming pressure and expectation.

Our politican, media leech off him in every possible way, Look  schooling, same thing happen.

I really not surprise at Lee form now.........

I think LKY and Schooling both are 昙花一现? Never see their excellent performance ever again?

• Praise 1

I am not saying it is easy, but getting there is the easy part, it is staying there that is the tough part. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 4

36 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

I am not saying it is easy, but getting there is the easy part, it is staying there that is the tough part. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Yeah when everyone prepares to attack your weakness or want to show the champ a thing or two. 

• Praise 1

Next one in line. Go Jason! Get another bronze for us!

Husband and wife final mixed coming up!!!👍

(edited)
58 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Yeah when everyone prepares to attack your weakness or want to show the champ a thing or two. 

My personal opinion if yours are talking about LKY. 

Those cheeky gestures seem to be missing from him in past few months. 

He don't seem to be enjoying his matches lately. At least relative to last year where we can still see his mischievous/ cheeky gestures on the court. 

Mentally need an adjustment I reckon. 

Edited by Kopites

20 minutes ago, Kopites said:

He don't seem to be enjoying his matches lately. At least relative to last year where we can still see his mischievous/ cheeky gestures on the court. 

He too stress too tired? 😅

22 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Not easy to keep a good mental equilibrium during matches. 

I also have trouble doing tasks if under stress. That's why I don't like working in A&E for example. 

Edited by Lala81

27 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Next one in line. Go Jason! Get another bronze for us!

Husband and wife final mixed coming up!!!👍

Jason Teh last night lose liao.

5 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Last night semifinal right?

semi in the afternoon, then our midnight they continue with bronze matches.

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Yah, attacking is always easier than defending, the mental part is already a big tough one to work on. 

But I got a feeling LKY might be holding back not to burn out too early.  He could actually be preparing himself for the 2024 Olympics in 2 years, where he will be 27 yrs old (golden year). 

Not easy for anyone to hold both the Olympic gold and world champ title, and since he already has one, it makes total sense to go all out for the other. Not forgetting the prize money of a Olympic gold for Sg would likely be more than all the winnings combine in the next 2 years. Endorsement, sponsorship and advertisement for him won't go away yet as of now. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

9 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

semi in the afternoon, then our midnight they continue with bronze matches.

The one against Indian zen was the bronze?

↡ Advertisement