COE Bidding – August 2022

Carbon82

24 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Such car show is for people only want to see see look look on all make/model without having to scare SE come and disturb you, esp those luxury brand make/model. Cause if you go to car showroom, cannot anyhow 'molest' the car in peace. And also no chance to step into those luxury brand showroom to 'molest' their car.  For people who have money and wanted to buy car, they would rather go to the showroom than such road show la. These people would not interested in getting those extra freebies la.

Lol bmw side most “popular” being molested car is bmw 216 grand coupe and 116 hatchback. Think it will be the best sellers. Bmw 520i at 310k not many pple looking, but think those who can  afford to buy 5 series won’t bother molesting 😁😅 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged

went to Cars @Expo too thought can see some Tesla but din have

got BYD though

i think most people walk walk see see only... prices were crazy, new or 2nd hand

• Haha! 1

14 minutes ago, Scion said:

went to Cars @Expo too thought can see some Tesla but din have

got BYD though

i think most people walk walk see see only... prices were crazy, new or 2nd hand

Only have BYD and Polestar. Actually like not many EV cars there?! Majority still ICE car?

Prices really super crazy la, i almost fainted there when i see the price tag on those new and 2nd hand.

• Haha! 2

3 hours ago, Vratenza said:

Car expo in Singapore is like a mega road show for all the car dealers.... Someone got to pay for the venue and logistic fees, car girls... ....guess who? 

They did not even make any effort to bring in any prototypes or rare cars. 

Expo is to sell cars only la. It's not a motor show.

My frd who was on duty there told me stay at home and sleep.

He told me nothing new to see and no gifts for this show 😂😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

NATAS travel show finished liao, go next door CARS@EXPO look see look see blow aircon. 

But yeah, prepare for Cat A COE to go up. Heard entry Cat A models from BMW, MB, AUDI did well. 

38 minutes ago, Freeder said:

My frd who was on duty there told me stay at home and sleep.

He told me nothing new to see and no gifts for this show 😂😂

Such car road show no gifts de. Lucky you no go, cause carpark there full siah.

• Haha! 1

19 hours ago, Mann123 said:

Car Expo happened after 2 years but no one discussed in the forum, too boring to discuss or i missed the discussion in any other thread?

The cars on display all old-ish ICE models. Lack of sporty models. Lack of electric cars, where are the Ioniq 5s, Etron GT etc. So there's really not much to discuss. 

1 hour ago, Ganwb79 said:

The cars on display all old-ish ICE models. Lack of sporty models. Lack of electric cars, where are the Ioniq 5s, Etron GT etc. So there's really not much to discuss. 

Hyundai, Nissan and Subaru, of the others, to note are not at the roadshow.

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Benarsenal said:

Cat A COE 80k bro

If you can't beat em, join em.

135 999 for the C5 Aircross is a palatable deal at this juncture.

Maintainence might be an issue but at least you get much more value for $ for 130+k

If not even Avante is cheaper at 120+k, but they're not at the show.

I wonder who bought the city and jazz there.

• Praise 1

I think the biggest winners from the car expo are most likely Mercedes and bmw and maybe audi( not so sure) . They have their existing core fan base of customers in their respective segments c class/3 series/A4 plus luxury level segment for E class/5 series /A6  , Towkay level segment for s class/7 series and A8 who don’t normally bat an eyelid at coe prices no need to say😆. Plus now can appeal to some segment of jap/Korean car crowd that have been put off by high coe prices and just say heck it  why spend so much for jap/ Korean might as well top up some money and get entry level bmw/merc or Audi like 1 series/2 series,  a class / cla and a3 🤔

Edited by Confusedboi
  • Praise 1

2 hours ago, Ganwb79 said:

By right after so long no such car road show, this one they should display more EVs than ICE cars lo, esp gahment already pushing for EVs.

27 minutes ago, Confusedboi said:

I think the biggest winners from the car expo are most likely Mercedes and bmw and maybe audi( not so sure) . They have their existing core fan base of customers in their respective segments c class/3 series/A4 plus luxury level segment for E class/5 series /A6  , Towkay level segment for s class/7 series and A8 who don’t normally bat an eyelid at coe prices no need to say😆. Plus now can appeal to some segment of jap/Korean car crowd that have been put off by high coe prices and just say heck it  why spend so much for jap/ Korean might as well top up some money and get entry level bmw/merc or Audi like 1 series/2 series,  a class / cla and a3 🤔

I think eversince there are more entry level model from bmw/mercs/audi, even when coe was lower than current coe, already many people have “upgraded” to buy such model liao rather than buying jap/korean car. 😂

• Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, 13177 said:

By right after so long no such car road show, this one they should display more EVs than ICE cars lo, esp gahment already pushing for EVs.

Infrastructure still not ready for the masses, if promote EVs, only those on landed can consider, HDB dwellers which form the majority still not ready to buy 😂 

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Brass said:

If you can't beat em, join em.

135 999 for the C5 Aircross is a palatable deal at this juncture.

Maintainence might be an issue but at least you get much more value for $ for 130+k

If not even Avante is cheaper at 120+k, but they're not at the show.

I wonder who bought the city and jazz there.

Sure would have people buy the city and jazz, maybe those people who look for reliable make/model, rather than buy others make/model which might not be as good as honda? So they dont mind to spend $130k?  Lol.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2