Nancy Pelosi Asia Trip 2022

Jellandross

People shouldn't complain not enough

checks and balance if they advocate an authoritarian gov.

People should say there is too much checks and balance

and that's why I advocate an authoritarian gov.

:D

↡ Advertisement

I think there is too much checks and balance

and I hate weak gov and that's why

I advocate an authoritarian gov

and I should be in charge and make all decisions.

You don't like the idea?

Why not?

What's the difference between me and Xi?

Weak gov? Look at USA! Pui!

That Bidon guy told Pelosi not to go to TW and she told him 

she represents an independent branch of gov

and he couldn't stop her.

I thot he is the most powerful person in the whole world?

That's nonsense he is a weak man.

Look at my BFF Fatty Kim now that is a real leader.

He tells his speaker not to go and he say no

Fatty will shoot him in the face!

Strong gov is good!

• Praise 1

Xi also damn weak lah.

Play war games only

Look at my BFF Putin

Not happy with Ukraine he invade them.

That's how to do it!

Do it and don't play play.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Everyone that supports me to be Supreme Paramount Dear Great Leader for life

you and you family will be rewarded with gov contracts and top positions in companies.

I will help all those that help me.

Anyone that criticise me I will crush them and their family and their dog.  

• Praise 1

TW makes China look bad

just like SG makes MY look bad.

So that why you get if UMNO runs SG they will do a better job.

Xi is also saying if CCP runs TW TW people will be richer.

• Haha! 1

No point getting into an ideological discussion here.  Will be endlessly talking past each other.

To me (and to many in this forum I'm sure), it is very clear what the game is. 

If things go on per normal, China will overtake the US.  This is a given. 

US does not want this to happen, and needs an excuse to disrupt the status quo.  So they try to provoke China into attacking Taiwan. 

--> If China attacks, we have Russia-Ukraine 2, where the US fights China to the last Taiwanese. 

--> If China reacts strongly, they are painted as the aggressor by the media.  US provocations are not discussed in such framing.

--> If China does not react strongly, then they are painted as a paper tiger, and US, EU, maybe Japan and Australian politicians will start visiting Taiwan until China is provoked into action. 

Same playbook with Russia-Ukraine, which was carried out over 20 years. 

We have skin in the game.  We have to speak up intelligently instead of being tricked into pointless and endless ideological arguments which interested parties are trying to push us into. All the democracies vs autocracies, human rights stuff that is being propagated everyday is incredibly hypocritical and there are so many historical and present day counter examples one can point to in this regards. 

• Praise 11
  • Haha! 2

5 hours ago, fungyee77 said:

No point getting into an ideological discussion here.  Will be endlessly talking past each other.

US does not want this to happen, and needs an excuse to disrupt the status quo.  So they try to provoke China into attacking Taiwan. 

--> If China attacks, we have Russia-Ukraine 2, where the US fights China to the last Taiwanese. 

--> If China reacts strongly, they are painted as the aggressor by the media.  US provocations are not discussed in such framing.

--> If China does not react strongly, then they are painted as a paper tiger, and US, EU, maybe Japan and Australian politicians will start visiting Taiwan until China is provoked into action. 

We have skin in the game.  We have to speak up intelligently instead of being tricked into pointless and endless ideological arguments which interested parties are trying to push us into. All the democracies vs autocracies, human rights stuff that is being propagated everyday is incredibly hypocritical and there are so many historical and present day counter examples one can point to in this regards. 

Best summary in the whole thread!

Sometimes we miss the forest for the tree, and get stuck in the rabbit hole

Just need to ask yourself... 

Usa, China, Taiwan.... Which of the 3 stands to gain most from the situation? 

Which has the least to lose from the situation? 

Then you will have your answer. 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
On 8/5/2022 at 8:35 PM, Jamesc said:

A Taiwanese microchip tycoon has pledged $100m (£82m) towards his country’s defences and urged citizens to stand up to the “evil” Chinese Communist Party.

In a spirited press conference, Robert Tsao said he was donating the money to Taiwan’s defence department to help safeguard “freedom, democracy, and human rights”.

The 75-year-old urged people to “stand up and fight” rather than give way to “unification with a gang of outlaws”.

Taiwanese reveal the tycoon is Singaporean,   maybe he is the only Singaporean did this.

15 hours ago, fungyee77 said:

Very well said. Today's Communist Vietnam would still have internal conflicts. Ask any vietnamese if they would prefer to go back to the American liberalization civil war or today Communist Vietnam. 

1 hour ago, EVsgroad said:

Taiwanese reveal the tycoon is Singaporean,   maybe he is the only Singaporean did this.

new citizen, he did that for his own agenda, Taiwan govt so rich why need to donate to their army?

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

17 hours ago, fungyee77 said:

Aren't you subcribed to the USA blackhand ideology, and yet tell people not to discuss ideology or not put their alternate  point across.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

32 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

new citizen, he did that for his own agenda, Taiwan govt so rich why need to donate to their army?

He invested in PRC despite breaching ROC rule then.

1 of his factory is in Pasir Ris

I had posted an article previously from ThinkChina.

US President: 1 China

US Congress: 1 China 1 Taiwan

Most ppl can't see the inconsistency in Foreign Policy.

Including CCP.

• Haha! 1

@Ender 

Am looking at the realpolitik behind the ideological discussions.

My issue is that Ideology is used as a shield to hide more nefarious intentions. Who does not want more freedom?  Who does not want more democracy?  Who does not want less authoritarianism?  By clever framing through a compliant media, the powers that be are able to build quick political consensus against their geopolitical enemies. 

But actions don't match words. And historic actions have been consistently much more aligned to realpolitik considerations than ideological professions. And more importantly, realpolitik considerations are much more predictive of actual actions going forward. 

So we need to be aware and not be sucked into a rabbit hole ... a rabbit hole put there by design for us to be sucked into. 

Don't need to take my word for it.  Follow practitioners like George Yeo, Indian Foreign minister Dr Jaishankar (a number of very good videos on youtube).  See what happened to Julian Assange, and go check out the info he released.  See what the US is doing to the ICC when they tried to investigate the US for war crimes. There is plenty of info out there.  Just need to do the research to test out words vs actions for yourself. 

• Praise 4