Too nosy? Driver permanently banned from Grab after asking passenger inappropriate questions

DOBIEMKZ

4 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

I mean it's not even a generational thing. Look at the retards on EDMW, totally in denial about their racism. SBF are even worse (or more overt as they feel secure in being based overseas), but at least they own their disgusting attitudes, they don't deny and deflect. Unlike the wusses at EDMW. 

I guess it's one generation breeding the next generation with the same "family values" so the toxicity goes on and on. I made a conscious effort not to pass on such "chinese norms" to my son although my wife and I grew up with such nonsense from our parents and grandparents.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Some people think there is tooooooooooooooo much political correctness.

Why can't we call a fat girl fat like my fren that keeps saying he don't want a fat girl as gf.

All my lady frens say they don't want a short bf and no one says anything?

:D

Supersonic
15 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

Basically, nod (no need to smile in a way that may be considered tiko), STFU, drive, stop, nod, drive off.

Why try to play conversationalist with hires?

These usually solves the problem for me

index.jpg

• Praise 1

Supersonic
21 hours ago, Rickster said:

When I see such news, first thing that comes to my mind is that there must be some concrete evidence that has been submitted to Grab. Therefore, this drastic action is taken.

I doubt that Grab will just permanently suspend a driver just because of an unsubstantiated complaint made by a passenger. 

Maybe it's this fella now drive Grab after kena sack from poly?.......

dave-parkash-incident_01_0.jpg

• Praise 1

https://mothership.sg/2022/09/taxi-driver-alight-passengers-toa-payoh-yishun/

Not sure if the original news was posted here before....I recall read it somewhere....but can't find it.

But I still don't buy the Taxi driver story.

1st he admitted missing the exit....saying he was too engross talking to the lady. 

He's a driver or auntie agony? Can chat until miss exit. Only meant not professional.

Then miss an exit to Yishun need to exit at TPY? 

In between no more exit?

To head back need estimately additional $4.

He can't absorb that even that was his mistake?

Edited by Atonchia
  • Praise 3

4 hours ago, Atonchia said:

Not sure if the original news was posted here before....I recall read it somewhere....but can't find it.

1st he admitted missing the exit....saying he was too engross talking to the lady. 

He's a driver or auntie agony? Can chat until miss exit. Only meant not professional.

In between no more exit?

Ya I don't understand also.

Marsiling to Yishun how to get to CTE? Very far away leh.

I think for his health sake he shouldn't be driving taxi lah.

• Praise 4

13 hours ago, Atonchia said:

In between no more exit?

Either the taxi driver too engross talking to the lady, or the taxi driver not familar with the route? I also encounter before when taking taxi, the taxi driver nearly missed the exit, and i need to remind the driver to exit.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

8 hours ago, Benarsenal said:

I also dont understand even he missed the exit, why he drive all the way to CTE until Toa Payoh?

Should have exit at Yio Chu Kang and U turn back to exit Yishun. Or Marsiling to Yishun if get onto SLE, the taxi should have exit at Lentor Avenue (Yishun). If he missed this exit, he still can exit at Changi Airport (TPE), then to Seletar West Link, from this road still can link to Yishun Ave 1 area.

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 2

13 hours ago, Atonchia said:

In between no more exit?

Yeah. I read the victim's story. I actually dunno whether what is said is true. You know how social media can be. The exaggeration can be quite shocking. That I read with a pinch of salt.

Anyway it could be communication issue as they are of "different backgrounds"(I dont wanna say race). Usually it is just that. Some words that is said trigger anger or confusion or ppl become defensive when being called smth.

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, Benarsenal said:

Marsiling take BKE, exit to SLE (CTE) or Mandai Rd.

From there you can exit SLE to Yishun or continue straight (right turn) to CTE and down to Toa Payoh.

It's all connected. No big fuss to go around. It's appears that the taxi driver don't want to go Yishun for whatever reason.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1