how to solve COE volatility? Gov doing the pricing

Wind30

Here is a way to get a high loan amount.  Is it possible to register / buy a car as a PHV, then convert it to a private car after a year or two? (Just received this Ad.  (Borneo Motors Expo Carnival) 

Borneo.jpeg

Edited by SLing
↡ Advertisement

27 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

Suzuki dying in Singapore, not because they are no good lah. They are dying, and you know what is the reason. In fact, Suzuki is best for place like Singapore, small and compact.  The government can't just let people lose their job like this? their lose their job not because of  technological advances and they become obsolete, it is simply because of the cycle of COE which has high and low supply seasons.  This kind of disruption is unhealthy. So when the COE is super low, Suzuki back again, then a few years later, die again. Who benefits from this cycle? 

The very good SE Angie also left Suzuki liao and now selling car insurance. 😓

10 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

poor lady....so in 4 years time she rejoin Suzuki again. How has car industry and insurance industry benefited from this movement? 

Life goes on, as long as it never affect other people...nobody cares. [knife]

• Haha! 2

3 hours ago, mikk123 said:

Suzuki dying in Singapore, not because they are no good lah. They are dying, and you know what is the reason. In fact, Suzuki is best for place like Singapore, small and compact.  The government can't just let people lose their job like this? their lose their job not because of  technological advances and they become obsolete, it is simply because of the cycle of COE which has high and low supply seasons.  This kind of disruption is unhealthy. So when the COE is super low, Suzuki back again, then a few years later, die again. Who benefits from this cycle? 

Not saying Suzuki is a lousy brand. Just that the way the local car ownership and usage regulation is being played to maximize the govt income, lower valued car brands will not survive. That is the sad fact we all have to live with. 

• Praise 1

10 hours ago, Vratenza said:

Sudden epiphany.

1) If we all agree that car is a luxury, why do we need to control the volatility ?

2) For the well heeled and car affordability is with a comfortable margin, when they want a car, they buy a car, volatile COE or not.

3) Everyone agree that, base on supply and demand and human psyche, a non volatile COE will just result in a higher baseline of COE premium to fluctuate about. Are we trying to make it cheaper for the rich to buy a car or more expensive for the less well heeled to own one?

So I can change car more often and not have to wait 10 years. Wahaha...

Just kidding but feast and famine cycle is inflationary, what goes up usually don't come down. ie. Transport fares and new high set at low supply period will condition buyers to pay more during next high supply cycle. 

• Haha! 1

Why everyone say Suzuki dying ah? I mean, they have the backing of Inchcape so I think they can at least tong a couple of years of low sales. Not like they never experience before.

I be more worried about those smaller dealers selling marginal brands, like Perodua, Seat, Opel etc.

12 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

The very good SE Angie also left Suzuki liao and now selling car insurance. 😓

I had lunch w her last year, we all same industry one, she used to work at my previous company, then some of them met up , jio me along hahahaha

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

4 hours ago, SiLangKia said:

I had lunch w her last year, we all same industry one, she used to work at my previous company, then some of them met up , jio me along hahahaha

Chio or not? 😁

Never got around to meeting her because haven’t even got the swift. 🤣

• Haha! 3

4 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

if the sales is just a few cars  a month, it is as good as died. They have to let go quite a number of staff, even if it is backed by Inchcape. All of these are unnecessary if you just reduce the huge fluctuation of the COE. 

Reduced fluctuations does not mean more affordable COEs for buyers in the B&B range. In fact, you will be dealing with sustained high COE that will kill off the brand in Singapore too. 

You keep self-victimising Suzuki.... Have you looked at other brands in the same category? Honda/Toyota/Mazda.... Some even lower AD margins such as Hyundai/Kia.... Have you considered why or how they manage to survive? 

Is Suzuki business model and market positioning right for the Singapore market? 

Nobody owes inchcape a living to support it unconditionally. If it has a good product, but they do not market it enough, insist on high margins, they are bound to fail as well. 

Free market. 

• Praise 1

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/global-enterprise/hundreds-of-ultra-rich-chinese-eyeing-move-to-singapore-generating-us24b-inflows

With some many ultra-rich ATs moving over here for good, how you expect COEs to be low?

They will buy a few cars each at one go, a RR for himself with chauffeur, a Bentley for wife, a BMW for son, a MB for daughter. Probably another Jap car for the family butler to run errands 😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

4 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/global-enterprise/hundreds-of-ultra-rich-chinese-eyeing-move-to-singapore-generating-us24b-inflows

With some many ultra-rich ATs moving over here for good, how you expect COEs to be low?

They will buy a few cars each at one go, a RR for himself with chauffeur, a Bentley for wife, a BMW for son, a MB for daughter. Probably another Jap car for the family butler to run errands 😁

Large family ...... can get COE rebate? 😁

• Haha! 4

The world is looking at us , to pay sky high COE is damn silly, let alone stupid decision. Plus no way it can help monitor traffic congestions, only adding new car on the road, non sustainable in the long term. ERP is only sucking motorist blood day in day out, totally incoherent to car's movement

13 minutes ago, Meanmachine said:

The world is looking at us , to pay sky high COE is damn silly, let alone stupid decision. Plus no way it can help monitor traffic congestions, only adding new car on the road, non sustainable in the long term. ERP is only sucking motorist blood day in day out, totally incoherent to car's movement

While it is extremely painful when buying car would hit the pocket hard, until a better way is discovered, COE is the way to control car population, ERP is to manage car usage and road conggestion. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

8 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

While it is extremely painful when buying car would hit the pocket hard, until a better way is discovered, COE is the way to control car population, ERP is to manage car usage and road conggestion. 

I see you have read the PAP instruction manual.....😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

25 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

I see you have read the PAP instruction manual.....😁

Haha while i am not their strong supporter, i support some of the good policies. I myself see no better way out to manage car population and traffic congestions. I said all these not because i am rich, i am driving a 13 year old car, just accept the reality. 

Edited by Ct3833
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1