S'pore could hit 40°C by 2045, but has measures in place to tackle rising heat

kobayashiGT

8 minutes ago, Icetee168 said:

earth is becoming like venus n no one cares

Drink Ice Tee :grin:...... Hmmm Venus........ @Inlinefour lingeree field :a-fun:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

We should not be looking at 2045 but what are we doing now. We are not just building more concrete jungles and glass towers, we also Aircon practically everywhere instead of trying to go for design with natural cooling. For Aircon buildings, we have them freezing cold that it is common to see occupants wearing jackets for Greenmark platinum design. 

• Praise 1

30 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

Where did u get this plot from? First look the numbers don’t look right… too much variation. What does the numbers mean? Annual average temp???

the gov data show differently 

http://www.weather.gov.sg/climate-detailed-view/

Test ballon to sound out how they are going to tax more for your fuel and electricity. Maybe your SH!T too! 

All in the name of climax change. While they continue to fund F1 burning down the town for 1 week. 

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Kklim said:

Cancel NDP fireworks then. Ban bah kwa, char siew, roast pork, movie scenes with explosions too. Plus reduce size of Parliament, NDP rallies and parties so less hot air emitted. 

I forgot F1. Not just pollutive but noisy as hell

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

already happening mah. All the office lady now change to yogi attire liao. hahahah. 

There is a limit as to how yogi attire cover one shortcoming. Is not definitive yogi look good on everyone.😁

• Haha! 1

16 minutes ago, Kklim said:

Pity the birds roosting at night and also the otters too 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Kklim said:

Yabut oo lui... environmental burden is for singkies to bear we must take on extra hassle and cut all our aircon but biz no need hor

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Kopites said:

There is a limit as to how yogi attire cover one shortcoming. Is not definitive yogi look good on everyone.😁

My office not hip. no yogi attire. I dunno i dunno! hahaha. 

43 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

…. Then u should not link the plot showing temperature of one day to temperature averages. There really isn’t any evidence to show one part of Singapore is hotter than others…

The particular mothership article is specifically writing about the temperatures around the island on a particularly hot night on the 12th Oct 2021.

Even if there is no specific annualised evidence, it is easily understandable that the highly urbanised areas of the island will be hotter than the less urbanised areas. Quoting the article, the trapped heat from the pavements and buildings during the day will be gradually released at night. 

It's logical to assume the same will happen over the entire year, over an averaged and annualised recorded temperature. Feel free to educate, if you think otherwise. 

48 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

…. Then u should not link the plot showing temperature of one day to temperature averages. There really isn’t any evidence to show one part of Singapore is hotter than others…

Some parts of Sg are generally hotter, eg Serangoon Garden. Those near to the nature reserves tend to be cooler.

Turbocharged
11 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

The particular mothership article is specifically writing about the temperatures around the island on a particularly hot night on the 12th Oct 2021.

Even if there is no specific annualised evidence, it is easily understandable that the highly urbanised areas of the island will be hotter than the less urbanised areas. Quoting the article, the trapped heat from the pavements and buildings during the day will be gradually released at night. 

It's logical to assume the same will happen over the entire year, over an averaged and annualised recorded temperature. Feel free to educate, if you think otherwise. 

I already did… in my initial reply… please read it. The link shows a lot of temperature data, some averaged over the entire year. 
http://www.weather.gov.sg/climate-detailed-view/

it is totally not logical to use one day temp and say it happen over the entire year. 

Edited by Wind30

Turbocharged

17 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Some parts of Sg are generally hotter, eg Serangoon Garden. Those near to the nature reserves tend to be cooler.

This thread got me interested so I just googled. The difference is really not that big, mostly 0.5 deg, max 1 deg. The hottest part seems to be the east… 

3 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

I already did… in my initial reply… please read it. The link shows a lot of temperature data, some averaged over the entire year. 

it is totally not logical to use one day temp and say it happen over the entire year. 

What I want to say is the urbanised areas will be hotter than the less urbanised areas of the island. And this should happen over the entire year.

When its colder, the forested areas will still be colder than the urbanized areas. When its on a especially hot day such as 12th Oct 2021 as in the article, you can be pretty sure the urbanized areas will still be hotter. Averaging or taking a single day temp measurement is unlikely to yield opposite observations. 

5 mins read,

https://blogs.ntu.edu.sg/hp3203-1920s1-u34/alleviation-of-urban-heat-island-effect/#:~:text=The UHI effect refers to,built-up areas of Singapore!

1 minute ago, Wind30 said:

This thread got me interested so I just googled. The difference is really not that big, mostly 0.5 deg, max 1 deg. The hottest part seems to be the east… 

1 degree is a lot for such a small place - For me 24 degree at night is OK but 25 means hot to sleep. 23 is super nice compared to 24. 

• Praise 1

We have the 4Gs people to create the problem and solve the problems. In recent years, seen large numbers of forest being cleared for buildings.

So much for the going green and save the climate plan. 🤣

↡ Advertisement