[BREAKING] Taiwan is Screwed! Liberation of Taiwan Set on August 4th to 7th

steveluv

6 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Xi is in a fix.

He cannot invade TW but must do something or he lose face.

So what can he do?

Have some military exercises and ban some fruits and fish?

:D

Should learn to practice better diplomacy instead shouting threats and warnings. Easier to 下台.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Why China ban TW fish and fruits?

Can they banned those nice sweet potato fries (wifey loves it)

and the XXL Chicken (kids and MIL love it)

Thank you China

image.png.05fff1439abb96011f425acd73263146.png

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Macrosszero said:

Its a high stakes game of chicken.

The US is clearly testing the response of China, and China cannot back down lest they are seen to be weak, worst of all by their own people. The Chinese are already stewing under the zero-COVID strategy, with property developers going bust, bank account balances disappearing and lack of overseas travel for the rich, you can bet there is more behind the Great Wall of Internet than what most of us can see.

However, China cannot afford to go to war over Taiwan, not now at least. Wars cost money - not just in soldiers' salaries, ammunition and weaponry but also impacts it will have on trade. China needs the very same Taiwan Strait to ship its goods to the rest of the world, the same one that they would try to launch an invasion fleet across. And that's on the assumption that they have sufficient amphibious and sealift capability. 

What could however happen is that they could attempt a Russian-style annexation of the Kinmen Islands which is just off the coast of Xiamen, Matsu Islands just off the coast of Fuzhou. Each would be a much easier task to throw a blanket over with land-based artillery, rockets, aircraft, anti-aircraft batteries as well as airborne forces. If they were feeling brave and wanted to dip their toes in further after they've done their Crimea, Penghu Island sits near the middle of the Taiwan Strait and is an important unsinkable aircraft carrier for Taiwan to interdict any invasion force from the Mainland. 

While I cast doubt on PLAN's amphibious capability, ROCN is many times smaller both in tonnage as well as numbers. This is significant in any attempt to reinforce and resupply the islands above. In wartime conditions, it is likely that they cannot, and will be left to the PRC. 

Should it proceed to a shooting war, it is likely that ROC will give up those two island groups right off the shores of China. They are many times closer to the Mainland than to Taiwan, and while they are strategically important from an intelligence-gathering perspective, would cost disproportionate amounts of resources to defend. 

But China would have to be mindful that even taking small territories of ROC could give the US the excuse that it needs to step up their support (including of materiel) for Taiwan and upset the balance thus far, which has been favourable to China. They have managed to effectively isolate Taiwan diplomatically and been mostly effective in hindering Taiwan from purchasing weapons on the world market.  To tip the balance and open the floodgates should be something they are very mindful of. 

In the end, each decision, action or inaction will come with something to gain, but also surely, a cost.

Very well analysed. Not some childish remarks. No right minded people in Asia would like to see a war and provocation here. Who get to gain from this conflict and why now is very obvious.

I remember when China ban MY durians it was so cheap I even took MIL for a durian feast.

Hopefully we can get a TW street food fest here too.

image.png.521c3feb36760a3f0fd3372ce9314fb7.png

image.png.b05068ee58adf6931f6bcd6a3099f28a.png

• Haha! 3

5 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

By that logic

must be worse to be a China dog then

Why people keep insulting China?

Chinese dogs get eaten in their annual dog festival.... 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 3

Turbocharged

so now is mobile column around the island, celebrating pelosi's visit? machiam ndp mobile column like that?

11 minutes ago, Etnt said:

so now is mobile column around the island, celebrating pelosi's visit? machiam ndp mobile column like that?

Celebrating Pelosi Departure.

Once upon a time, Ah Mao was very interested in a plot of land next to his own house. But before he could acquire it, his annoying neighbor Ah Chiang faster occupy it first. Ah Mao was damn pissed and keep wanting to snatch it back. But Ah Mao eventually got no balls to do it before he mati.

Since then, Ah Mao's successor Ah Xi has been kpkb-ing to the whole neighborhood demanding everyone to pretend like the land next door has always belong to Ah Xi. Anyone who wants to visit the current owner Ah Tsai next door must first seek Ah Xi's permission first.

Since Ah Xi currently also got no balls to snatch the land back from Ah Tsai, the other neighbor Auntie Nancy also boh hiu Ah Xi and simply enter Ah Tsai's house directly to chit chat. This really hurted poor Ah Xi's feelings and he started organizing loud lion dances and shooting fire crackers 24 by 7 outside Ah Tsai's gate to irritate the whole neighborhood. Rest of the neighbors also lan lan can't do much except prepare popcorn and watch the spectacle unfolds.

To be continued.....

Edited by Jellandross
  • Haha! 6

2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

A lot of TW weapon systems are old and outdated.

Most countries don't dare to offend PRC by selling weapons to Taiwan.

Taiwan F16 is either A or B variant.  Ppl already using C or D variant now.

You haven’t watch Top Gun Maverick yet I guess ! 

“ it is the pilot not the plane” 

just kidding haha

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

A lot of TW weapon systems are old and outdated.

Most countries don't dare to offend PRC by selling weapons to Taiwan.

Taiwan F16 is either A or B variant.  Ppl already using C or D variant now.

The Taiwanese have started receiving the first of the 66 F-16 Vipers approved by Congress during the Trump Administration. In addition, the hundred-plus A/B Fighting Falcons did receive upgrades. The Viper spec is apparently able to be retrofitted to them, including the APG-83 AESA radar.

That being said, it amounts to around 300 front-line combat aircraft consisting of the Falcon, Mirage and FCK-1 (I snigger at the name just like when I say Uranus - sorry). 

The ROCAF lacks any aerial refueling capability and is clearly on a defensive posture catering to defending the main island.

As we can see in the Ukrainian conflict, once the front line equipment is expended on both sides, it is left to the infantryman and simpler weapons to complete the job.

• Praise 3

19 minutes ago, D3badge said:

You haven’t watch Top Gun Maverick yet I guess ! 

“ it is the pilot not the plane” 

just kidding haha

Like F14 vs SU57 huh

😂

7 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

The Taiwanese have started receiving the first of the 66 F-16 Vipers approved by Congress during the Trump Administration. In addition, the hundred-plus A/B Fighting Falcons did receive upgrades. The Viper spec is apparently able to be retrofitted to them, including the APG-83 AESA radar.

That being said, it amounts to around 300 front-line combat aircraft consisting of the Falcon, Mirage and FCK-1 (I snigger at the name just like when I say Uranus - sorry). 

The ROCAF lacks any aerial refueling capability and is clearly on a defensive posture catering to defending the main island.

As we can see in the Ukrainian conflict, once the front line equipment is expended on both sides, it is left to the infantryman and simpler weapons to complete the job.

I guess TW don't need any refuelling capability since it is an unsinkable supercarrier.

Besides the equipment, top-notch training (especially closed combat) is important for ROCAF.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1