[BREAKING] Taiwan is Screwed! Liberation of Taiwan Set on August 4th to 7th

steveluv

3 hours ago, Tianmo said:

Personally I think DPP might have just gone a little too far, and it might just back fire on them. 

The current incident more or less show how the older and younger Taiwanese think.  The older generation condemn war, and many are blaming the DPP of playing with fire, disregarding the safety and livelihood of it's ppl. Many young folks said they will run/leave/take cover if PRC really lanch an attack on ROC, few would actually stand up to fight. 

So again, uncle Sam manage to  kajiao kajiao and leave, China manage to show it's might and ability to take TW by force if it has to. 

The only loser here, again is TW, losing trades, businesses, and open up fear of a real war, all because of a stupid stop over. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Taiwanese really don't understand or stupid? PRC already stated very clear, 不喊台独, 不修理你. [:p][laugh][laugh]

Any wrong moves, this little red dot also suffers. Don't know why want to be itchy backside and start stirring now and entertain the instigator 

↡ Advertisement

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/08/20/taiwan-military-flashy-american-weapons-no-ammo/

Taiwan’s Military Has Flashy American Weapons but No Ammo

A young soldier’s suicide reveals the disastrous logistics of an undersupplied army.

As China builds up military forces across the Taiwan strait and vows to take back the island through “any means” necessary, the United States and others hope for a Taiwan that can stand on its own feet against Chinese aggression. But in reality, not only is the Taiwanese military facing a serious shortage of soldiers and an entirely dysfunctional reserve system, as my previous reporting for Foreign Policy revealed, half of its tanks may not be able to run—and even fewer have functional weapons. These failures are costing lives even before China fires a single shot. As Taiwanese politicians showcase flashy U.S. weapons bought with taxpayers’ money, the logistics inside the military remain so abysmal that a young army officer killed himself after being pressured to buy repair parts out of his own pocket.

I am most amazed by this 

“Can you imagine a tank driver, a private with a few weeks’ worth of driver’s training in the armor school, being tasked to conduct a 200-items maintenance routine around an entire M60 tank?” Yu said. “He would have no idea what to do except to write up fake paperwork.”

“Tracked vehicles are the real nightmares. About 50 percent of the tanks and self-propelled artillery guns I’ve seen are in running conditions. But a tank that has engine and tracks running is no guarantee that it also has a functional gun.”

Chen added: “If we are talking about something that resembles U.S. standards, I would say 30 percent of the tanks are in running conditions and have functional weapons.”

The problem doesn’t stop there, the master sergeant explained, because ammunition, fuel, and field repair resources are also almost always in chronic shortage unless a unit is about to participate in some major exercise.

“What if China attacks now?” Chen asked. “In that case, we better hope they give us a few more days or weeks to at least get some of our tanks running and loaded with live rounds.”

Edited by noobcarbuyer
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha! 4

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Kb27 said:

Exercise cut ? Sorry you're not going home.

We are moving to the new Yellow and Bohai seas for more exercise. [laugh]

China to run new drills in Yellow and Bohai seas - Chinese authorities

China says it is carrying out new military exercises in the Yellow and Bohai seas after a barrage of drills that encircled Taiwan in recent days.

The initial exercises were triggered by Beijing's fury at a visit to Taipei by the US House Speaker, Nancy Pelosi.

Taiwan has accused China of practising for an invasion of the island, which Beijing sees as its own.

On Sunday a senior Chinese military analyst said China would now conduct "regular" military drills near Taiwan.

China sees Taiwan as a breakaway province that will eventually be under Beijing's control. But Taiwan is a self-ruled island that sees itself as distinct from the mainland.

Any hint of recognition of this by world leaders, however, enrages China.

Weekend already burnt unnecessarily by needless geopolitics, now extended some more [laugh]

But heard from a PRC friend that serving in their military is seen as a good career; apparently have many benefits. Versus a job in some start-up or widget factory with long hours.

2 minutes ago, Starry said:

wah 18 pages already.....

Didn't know that stuff like military exercise can attract so many postings.....

Please.....it should be 80+yr old granny social visit around the region also can attract so many postings ...... :D

• Haha! 3

2 hours ago, Singa said:

should be 喊台独, 修理你, 不喊台独,也修理你.

reminds me of the trade war China launched against Australia. self inflicted damage. end up only accelerated Australia diversification of her export.

now want to do the same and accelerate diversification of Taiwan's export to other countries. I give that country <slow> claps  😆

Diversified?

Probably export more into SEA then going though the surrounding regions? 

We gotten quite good price on lobster for a while.🤣

6 minutes ago, Singa said:

US Air Force chief of staff receives top military award in Singapore

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/united-states-air-force-chief-of-staff-receives-top-military-award-in-spore

Please ah, China, don't understand, it's only an award. We are not siding with "evil" 美帝.

Please don't lob the missile into the wrong straits. 😅

They should know lah.

100% of RSAF fighter jets, attack choppers and arsenal supplied by USA. 

27 minutes ago, Singa said:

US Air Force chief of staff receives top military award in Singapore

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/united-states-air-force-chief-of-staff-receives-top-military-award-in-spore

Please ah, China, don't understand, it's only an award. We are not siding with "evil" 美帝.

Please don't lob the missile into the wrong straits. 😅

This General from the comic strip "Peanuts"?

• Haha! 1

On 8/6/2022 at 3:23 PM, Jamesc said:

President Xi looked what my MIL cooked today.

Obviously she supports Pelosi.

Please send a missile she way.

:D

image.png.77943abef29b2f1c9d039456b002048f.png

https://9gag.com/gag/a21eoyp

To be fair..  Chinese have always fled to America... 

Screenshot_20220809-092520_Chrome.jpg

https://www.bannedbook.org/en/bnews/comments/20210512/1544800.html

And hua Chun yin leads by example 🤣

Edited by Playtime
  • Haha! 3

12 hours ago, Atonchia said:

Diversified?

Probably export more into SEA then going though the surrounding regions? 

We gotten quite good price on lobster for a while.🤣

But strangely the live lobster in atas supermarkets I saw are all from America. Think about $45ish each. 

I been wondering why Australian ones don't seem to have an impact here... i want cheap lobsters 😋 surely it's cheaper to shop from Australia than all the way usa mah.

Edited by Playtime
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

I got a bunch of TW friends, and they all holding American passports. 

One told me when TW get invaded, he will go the US. he is going to transfer everything he has over to US

Another told me if TW got invaded, his whole family will go and fight. But his almost everything is already transferred to US and he is also living there.

Third one told me his is very TWnese, but he send the wife to the US to give birth 2 times. 

Can anyone here tell me how TW is going to survive if CCP really want to invade them? 

I think CCP is just smart enough to scare people away telling others TW belonging to them. They just let TW internally break out as there are some that dislike AMDK. The whole exercise is an excuse of doing a blockade and let them suffer for a while I think

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

Supersonic
20 minutes ago, Arogab said:

I got a bunch of TW friends, and they all holding American passports. 

One told me when TW get invaded, he will go the US. he is going to transfer everything he has over to US

Another told me if TW got invaded, his whole family will go and fight. But his almost everything is already transferred to US and he is also living there.

Third one told me his is very TWnese, but he send the wife to the US to give birth 2 times. 

Can anyone here tell me how TW is going to survive if CCP really want to invade them? 

I think CCP is just smart enough to scare people away telling others TW belonging to them. They just let TW internally break out as there are some that dislike AMDK. The whole exercise is an excuse of doing a blockade and let them suffer for a while I think

The able ones will leave. I know one ex-colleague engineer also planning to go US. Same with S Korea, a manager, finds his way to US.

The not able ones will either fight or surrender. I don't think many have the will of the Ukrainians, so it might a different story.

But if PRC attacks, the initial wave, they will lose a lot of soldiers. TW will empty every bullet onto them. But after that, they might lose the will to defend, just my guess.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
4 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

The able ones will leave. I know one ex-colleague engineer also planning to go US. Same with S Korea, a manager, finds his way to US.

The not able ones will either fight or surrender. I don't think many have the will of the Ukrainians, so it might a different story.

But if PRC attacks, the initial wave, they will lose a lot of soldiers. TW will empty every bullet onto them. But after that, they might lose the will to defend, just my guess.

Both countries, PRC and Taiwan (oh dear, I am going to get blacklisted [laugh] for even saying that!) , there are loads of talented, able ones and they will migrate when local conditions are not so good. PRC citizens themselves leave for greener, whiter pastures overseas because of the ultra-competitive stress of the educational/employment system on themselves and their kids, tight and never-ending covid rules, among other things. Everyone regardless of nationality or affiliated ideology will always go where life is easier, more relaxed and enjoyable, and the wages can afford a decent living standard.

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Playtime said:

But strangely the live lobster in atas supermarkets I saw are all from America. Think about $45ish each. 

I been wondering why Australian ones don't seem to have an impact here... i want cheap lobsters 😋 surely it's cheaper to shop from Australia than all the way usa mah.

The Aussies lobster only dropped price for a short period of time. 

Some F&B establishment were doing one for one before Covid.

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Kb27 said:

I see their country is separated, some choose to run away, some choose to fight and some willing to go back to CCP cos they are not doing well. Just we donno their percentage only. What we can see here is majority that support DPP. Many I can see are running away, moved their assets out. Many are making money in Mainland. At one instance, when we visit an island in Fujian (Mei Zhou Island). They call the TWs 岛民😅

• Shocked 1

26 minutes ago, Arogab said:

I see their country is separated, some choose to run away, some choose to fight and some willing to go back to CCP cos they are not doing well. Just we donno their percentage only. What we can see here is majority that support DPP. Many I can see are running away, moved their assets out. Many are making money in Mainland. At one instance, when we visit an island in Fujian (Mei Zhou Island). They call the TWs 岛民😅

We will never know the realities until TW is invaded

🤭

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
4 hours ago, inlinesix said:

We will never know the realities until TW is invaded

🤭

Keep fingers crossed.....

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1