[BREAKING] Taiwan is Screwed! Liberation of Taiwan Set on August 4th to 7th

steveluv

56 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Not enough camo masks to go around? Pink one must be a medic 😁

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

52 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

That is still the big IF the 7th fleet ever comes. 

Just look at how the aircraft carrier group goes up to hide in Japan when the PRC started their exercises. Some say they are just protecting Pelosi as she goes on about her stir shit trip, but to many military experts, they are wanted to avoid military confrontation and potentially sparking a war with PRC. 

Many Taiwanese internal political and military commentators themselves acknowledge that USA keep saying they will help defend Taiwan's interest but stop short of promising that they will defend them with military mobilisation should the day come.

It will be same situation with Ukraine where by USA lulled Ukraine into thinking that big bro will come to their defense when Russia comes.... Now we know what this "help" is all about.... Money making opportunity for all the US weapon makers. 

In Taiwan's case, it is even worse... With all connection to the rest of the world sealed off by the PRC as demonstrated by the on going exercises theatres of actions, how are all the weapons and ammunition going to find the way into Taiwan? 

Has USA enters into any war with a country with nuclear weapon? They have only attack those sure win situation. Blanket bombing by killing millions before commiting to any troops. 

Obvious how Taiwanese die are never their concern and Asia to suffer in order for a strong America is the only objective. Difficult to see what is happening? 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Sturtles said:

Actually, the CCP does not care if the anti CCP group leave TW for greener pastures, leaving the neutrals and supporters behind.

So long the land is rejoined, they would have fulfilled multiple objectives.

However, Americans have grown used to being world No.1 and the possibility of not being so is unfathomable to them, and it is an election winning play, and all political groups will cater to it, with all the resources at their disposal.

This includes playing racial cards, infringing on foreign sovereignty and political systems to achieve their aims.

All other hifalutin speeches portrayed are just a tool for the politicians to manipulate the naive.

To blindly accept US version of why they must interfere with TW is just naivety.

It’s the same reason why Korea will never reunite with US’s selfish need to have influence in this region, and media will always portray NK as the villain when it’s not so all the time.

The same why Japan’s economy collapsed at the whim of US’s beck and call.

Japanese lost their dignity and influence for the next 30 years, and ran out of time, and likely would never have to opportunity again.

China has the same time bomb Japan has. Hence the date for unifying is set, in stone

The seeds of the world order post WW2 had been laid in the meetings of three white men in Yalta and Casablanca, where they had a common enemy then and clearly two of them had winning cards and the third needed their help. 

And thus East and West was born, and following that the Cold War with the West emerging the victors. The loser has not taken it well and has felt the need to flex in recent year. If the leader of the West loses its influence, you can be sure it will not be pretty, and the US is obviously going to use all the tools at their disposal - clandestine intelligence, bribery, political agitators, to ensure an outcome that serves their interests. Let's not forget they even tried to buy Lee Kuan Yew at one point. 

You can also see that the Western news pages constantly remind readers that the PRC has never actually ruled Taiwan, despite it having cultural ties prior to the Japanese occupation of the island. Just like the history books are written by the victors, the choice of words in media shape readers' perception subtly, insidiously.

A rebel is a freedom fighter.

A regime is a government. 

An invasion is a liberation. 

The end of WW2 and the defeat of the Axis left a void and messily tied-up borders, creating problems (perhaps by design) some of which persist to this day - Israel and the Palestine, North and South Vietnam and Korea, India and Pakistan, and also enshrining the US and UK as the AMDK that saved the free world. And it was not just history books, but entertainment, mainstream media, culture and yes, even food. The fact we use English as working language and that it is lingua franca internationally is not lost on me, nor should it be for anyone else. American holidays have crept into our lives, we have diehard supporters of English Premier League teams but cannot remember the players in our own S League.

The current Ukraine problem is a golden opportunity to hasten buffer countries' transition from Soviet era weaponry to American and thus increasing reliance and remaining relevant, while helping get Ukraine weapons they are familiar with to deal with the short term problem. Taiwan is mostly reliant on the US for weapons and perhaps the US is also discouraging Taiwan from having too large of an indigenous defence industry, ostensibly to avoid offending China, but ensuring they have someone to sell weapons to. 

The way the US is going now, PRC could also play the long game and wait for it to implode. The transition from Obama to Trump and then Biden, along with the flips and flops the House and Congress, election shenanigans and invasion of the Capitol, domestic fissures in society along political lines, may see the country fall apart in our lifetimes. The Trump administration had polarized a lot of countries to re-look at their dependence on the US, such that those contingencies remain, even with Trump out of power. 

But in the end, the reason why PRC wants Taiwan probably isn't for the people. With the Philippines, Taiwan, Okinawa and Japan between the Chinese coast to the Pacific, Taiwan is the key to PRC's unfettered access into the Pacific. Where they're in the second row now, it is of strategic importance to eventually "get a seat at the table" along with the other Pacific Rim countries.

• Praise 3

45 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Not enough camo masks to go around? Pink one must be a medic 😁

Why you laugh at peepur who is in touch with his inner soft side?

Later SAF issue you a pink helmet then you know...(inspired by the one always drinking from magic cup)

:D

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Vratenza said:

That is still the big IF the 7th fleet ever comes. 

Just look at how the aircraft carrier group goes up to hide in Japan when the PRC started their exercises. Some say they are just protecting Pelosi as she goes on about her stir shit trip, but to many military experts, they are wanted to avoid military confrontation and potentially sparking a war with PRC. 

Many Taiwanese internal political and military commentators themselves acknowledge that USA keep saying they will help defend Taiwan's interest but stop short of promising that they will defend them with military mobilisation should the day come.

It will be same situation with Ukraine where by USA lulled Ukraine into thinking that big bro will come to their defense when Russia comes.... Now we know what this "help" is all about.... Money making opportunity for all the US weapon makers. 

In Taiwan's case, it is even worse... With all connection to the rest of the world sealed off by the PRC as demonstrated by the on going exercises theatres of actions, how are all the weapons and ammunition going to find the way into Taiwan? 

US will not promise to protect Taiwan.
That’s a deviation from all 3 communique.

But

Congress and President foreign policy is not aligned.

Most ppl ignored the misalignment.

I don’t know where you get the impression that US will help Ukraine.

10 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

The seeds of the world order post WW2 had been laid in the meetings of three white men in Yalta and Casablanca, where they had a common enemy then and clearly two of them had winning cards and the third needed their help. 

And thus East and West was born, and following that the Cold War with the West emerging the victors. The loser has not taken it well and has felt the need to flex in recent year. If the leader of the West loses its influence, you can be sure it will not be pretty, and the US is obviously going to use all the tools at their disposal - clandestine intelligence, bribery, political agitators, to ensure an outcome that serves their interests. Let's not forget they even tried to buy Lee Kuan Yew at one point. 

You can also see that the Western news pages constantly remind readers that the PRC has never actually ruled Taiwan, despite it having cultural ties prior to the Japanese occupation of the island. Just like the history books are written by the victors, the choice of words in media shape readers' perception subtly, insidiously.

A rebel is a freedom fighter.

A regime is a government. 

An invasion is a liberation. 

The end of WW2 and the defeat of the Axis left a void and messily tied-up borders, creating problems (perhaps by design) some of which persist to this day - Israel and the Palestine, North and South Vietnam and Korea, India and Pakistan, and also enshrining the US and UK as the AMDK that saved the free world. And it was not just history books, but entertainment, mainstream media, culture and yes, even food. The fact we use English as working language and that it is lingua franca internationally is not lost on me, nor should it be for anyone else. American holidays have crept into our lives, we have diehard supporters of English Premier League teams but cannot remember the players in our own S League.

The current Ukraine problem is a golden opportunity to hasten buffer countries' transition from Soviet era weaponry to American and thus increasing reliance and remaining relevant, while helping get Ukraine weapons they are familiar with to deal with the short term problem. Taiwan is mostly reliant on the US for weapons and perhaps the US is also discouraging Taiwan from having too large of an indigenous defence industry, ostensibly to avoid offending China, but ensuring they have someone to sell weapons to. 

The way the US is going now, PRC could also play the long game and wait for it to implode. The transition from Obama to Trump and then Biden, along with the flips and flops the House and Congress, election shenanigans and invasion of the Capitol, domestic fissures in society along political lines, may see the country fall apart in our lifetimes. The Trump administration had polarized a lot of countries to re-look at their dependence on the US, such that those contingencies remain, even with Trump out of power. 

But in the end, the reason why PRC wants Taiwan probably isn't for the people. With the Philippines, Taiwan, Okinawa and Japan between the Chinese coast to the Pacific, Taiwan is the key to PRC's unfettered access into the Pacific. Where they're in the second row now, it is of strategic importance to eventually "get a seat at the table" along with the other Pacific Rim countries.

Very well analysed and factual. In layman answer, there is no good or bad guy just about own survival and interest.

Without a solution, we all should be praying for no war and not taking side and instigating or encouraging for any war especially near us.  Any suggestions of provocations should not be welcome. 

Not forgetting that XJP has a deadline to meet in order to be elected for 3rd term.

So far, he has not achieve much during his 2 terms.

Anyway, this 2 weeks will decide the agenda for 20 big.

2 hours ago, Jamesc said:

People say China is very powerful now and can invade Taiwan.

The reverse is true.

China is very weak and cannot invade Taiwan.

Because if China invade Taiwan the US will sanction China and China cannot export to US and Europe.

Millions of factory workers will lose their jobs.

This is why China cannot afford to invade Taiwan.

I saw a chart somewhere, majority of China export goes to USA. US just totally shutdown all import and China will feel big pain.

Lots of factories will fall, millions out of jobs.

Even Switzerland, a neutral country has warned it will join any EU sanctions against China.

Look at Russia today, sanctions are beginning to wreck its economy. It's holding up due to oil/gas export but price is falling. But China doesn't even have this.

If China wants to attack Taiwan, it better make sure it consider all these or it may break apart internally.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
5 hours ago, inlinesix said:

To a certain extent, CCP is good at dividing ppl.

It is difficult to have a united country without "controlled" media.

Well.....they are call CCP for a reason

5 hours ago, Victor68 said:

Well said, the more we should not stir what we cannot manage. Their own internal conflicts will have to be resolve internally. I don't think it to our best interest to see it escalate into a war. 

War is something nobody want lah. But look at those politicians.....What can we do??

3 hours ago, Playtime said:

Actually if you compare them with us.. they are amazingly well run considering we have comparatively  fabulous conditions they can only dream of.. periodic mahathir / Malaysia isn't much of a threat compared to a constant red menace. 

And still they are leading the world in semi con... but we lead in COE.

The negative press they get from the CCP is intense and understood.. the negative coverage from our local SPH is very much a "see la... democracy is messy,  PAP style is good" running back story. 

We realllyyyyy don't compare very well outside our own local bubble view.

Come on, TWs look at us and they will love our freedom and so called salary (even though we know some of us KPKB about salary). 

Look at them, their starting salary for graduates is still way way below. Only thing I think they do well is their IC chip manufacturing only, the rest....I don't think much. Ask me to get TW passport, I have to think twice

2 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Well.....they are call CCP for a reason

War is something nobody want lah. But look at those politicians.....What can we do??

Come on, TWs look at us and they will love our freedom and so called salary (even though we know some of us KPKB about salary). 

Look at them, their starting salary for graduates is still way way below. Only thing I think they do well is their IC chip manufacturing only, the rest....I don't think much. Ask me to get TW passport, I have to think twice

Which country don't divide, USA? Not true nobody wants war, just count how many 'wars' or attack on another country was carried out and by who? Taiwan was one of the leading small dragons under KMT while technically at war with china. Today and why? Only they know but refuse to acknowledge.

Turbocharged
1 minute ago, Victor68 said:

Which country don't divide, USA? Not true nobody wants war, just count how many 'wars' or attack on another country was carried out and by who? Taiwan was one of the leading small dragons under KMT while technically at war with china. Today and why? Only they know but refuse to acknowledge.

Haha, I just finish my presentation for my Chairman which is more important. Too much to think about them. Actually TWs are rather smart. But they also have a history behind them and just I feel they in front got wolf, behind got tiger lor

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

US will not promise to protect Taiwan.
That’s a deviation from all 3 communique.

But

Congress and President foreign policy is not aligned.

Most ppl ignored the misalignment.

I don’t know where you get the impression that US will help Ukraine.

It is not my impression, it is a fact that USA led NATO have been expanding northeast wards to surround Russia and that is a blatant breach in treaty signed decades ago. USA had been dangling for Ukraine to join NATO for years and that is seen as the last bastion for Russia where all NATO's missiles and warheads are just pointmg towards it.

So in a way, the impression was given by USA to Ukraine to get the final piece of NATO puzzle into place. 

• Praise 1

I think we use English as working language and because we are a former British colony.

China doesn't use English as working language and even though it is lingua franca internationally.

Because China is not a British colony.

1 minute ago, Arogab said:

Haha, I just finish my presentation for my Chairman which is more important. Too much to think about them. Actually TWs are rather smart. But they also have a history behind them and just I feel they in front got wolf, behind got tiger lor

They are not alone with such complicated issues. Just that some elements out if self interest drag them down the wrong patch. Differences are there for decades and no reasons to escalate now into direct conflicts or war. Focus on building their infrastructure and economy should be their priority where they once was.

• Praise 1

I don't think after WW2 it was about East and West was born.

I think the cold war is about Communism and democracy.

Because there are democracies in the East and the West and there are communist countries in the West and East also.

Turbocharged
46 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

I saw a chart somewhere, majority of China export goes to USA. US just totally shutdown all import and China will feel big pain.

Lots of factories will fall, millions out of jobs.

Even Switzerland, a neutral country has warned it will join any EU sanctions against China.

Look at Russia today, sanctions are beginning to wreck its economy. It's holding up due to oil/gas export but price is falling. But China doesn't even have this.

If China wants to attack Taiwan, it better make sure it consider all these or it may break apart internally.

the previous trade wars already hurt both to some extent

the fact is both countries need each other

total shut down imports from China? then US inflation probably rocket to 25%, its low and middle class will collapse too

~~~~~~~

some say that China overreacts and is being unreasonable in this saga

i say dun blame the dog for biting u if u dun provoke it in the first place

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
3 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

They are not alone with such complicated issues. Just that some elements out if self interest drag them down the wrong patch. Differences are there for decades and no reasons to escalate now into direct conflicts or war. Focus on building their infrastructure and economy should be their priority where they once was.

Well, as I said again. No one wants war but for some of those who keep stirring shit. What to do?

• Praise 2

14 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

Actually in both Roc and Prc  constitution, china was never divided, and taiwan was never a country for both side or UN or any country in the world.

If any 1  mention tw as a country in such discussion , its either he include the whole of mainland china, or he dun not have the sufficient knowledge 😂

↡ Advertisement