[BREAKING] Taiwan is Screwed! Liberation of Taiwan Set on August 4th to 7th

steveluv

Two woman claim a baby as theirs.

The King said cut the baby into 2 and give half to each woman.

One woman cried out I give up my claim.

The King awarded the baby to that lady.

If you really love your child you will give up your claim than see you child killed.

:D

I really don't think Xi loves a one China that much.

Edited by Jamesc
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 3

Turbocharged
26 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

When I start to read this story, I could sense that it is an ole man story.

😂

Indeed was an old man, but the smart old man make his bucks in China. He is one of those that are pro unification to do his stuffs. but indeed, in history. They belong to China as they were the ones who run there and just rule their own lah. Sometimes gotta face the facts. 

If AM don't go disturb, don't sell weapons. They will just go do what they wanna do and short of those big military exercise. Same with DPP. 

10 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Indeed was an old man, but the smart old man make his bucks in China. He is one of those that are pro unification to do his stuffs. but indeed, in history. They belong to China as they were the ones who run there and just rule their own lah. Sometimes gotta face the facts. 

If AM don't go disturb, don't sell weapons. They will just go do what they wanna do and short of those big military exercise. Same with DPP. 

Ppl of this generation will be getting lesser. 

Status Quo likely to be the mainstream agenda.

Other than US, no other countries will sell weapon to ROC.

During Obama era, all weapon sales was blocked.

I don't see the rationale for not selling weapons to Taiwan.

CCP only want KMT to be govt as it is easier to manipulate KMT.

Unfortunately, KMT is useless nowadays.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

Why don't China unite under Taiwan rule?

One united China is more important than Communist rule right?

:D

If both sides agree to free and fair elections on a reunited China, then I think both sides will happily agree

....oops, communists is not going to let them happen.  [laugh]

No one with absolute power will give up their powers willingly. It's like asking a king to give up his throne for the good of his people.

Edited by Kb27
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged
27 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Ppl of this generation will be getting lesser. 

Status Quo likely to be the mainstream agenda.

Other than US, no other countries will sell weapon to ROC.

During Obama era, all weapon sales was blocked.

I don't see the rationale for not selling weapons to Taiwan.

CCP only want KMT to be govt as it is easier to manipulate KMT.

Unfortunately, KMT is useless nowadays.

See, sell weapons is only a selfish action. To me, in order to sell, you must create fear. And this is the thing. Other people's family, they handle themselves mah.

13 minutes ago, Arogab said:

See, sell weapons is only a selfish action. To me, in order to sell, you must create fear. And this is the thing. Other people's family, they handle themselves mah.

Without weapons, how do ROC protect itself?

ROC has the right to protect itself le.

The problem now is that 1 side want both side to reunite by all mean.  Including conducting naval blockade exercise.

The other side wants status quo.  There is no common ground to talk.

In the 90s, both sides ended the meeting without any conclusion.

Edited by inlinesix
  • Haha! 1

All boils down to $$$.

Again, ask yourself who gains the most and lose the least in this 3 party orgy?

Humanitarian and democratic concerns? I ROFL....:D

• Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Without weapons, how do ROC protect itself?

ROC has the right to protect itself le.

Husband and wife quarrel daily for 50 years but never end up hitting each other. Only threaten to divorce or the other party saying I beat you. Then come a BF saying to the wife, why don't you use this stick to show him you can hit him and tell him you are going out with another man? 

While this is going on, the neighbors cheering, fight lah and burn down the house. They forgotten the BF lives in a bangalow somewhere else whilst they are in the same HDB flat with only 1 staircase. 

• Haha! 3

Just now, Victor68 said:

Husband and wife quarrel daily for 50 years but never end up hitting each other. Only threaten to divorce or the other party saying I beat you. Then come a BF saying to the wife, why don't you use this stick to show him you can hit him and tell him you are going out with another man? 

While this is going on, the neighbors cheering, fight lah and burn down the house. They forgotten the BF lives in a bangalow somewhere else whilst they are in the same HDB flat with only 1 staircase. 

As i said numerous times to you, your reasoning is flawed.

You can't see from CCP perspective.

22 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

As i said numerous times to you, your reasoning is flawed.

You can't see from CCP perspective.

I am more concern with ours. I have witnessed and history have proven what USA is capable of doing to others. What has not happen and predicting, I am not sure will happen.

3 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

I am more concern with ours. I have witnessed and history have proven what USA is capable of doing to others. What has not happen and predicting, I am not sure will happen.

South China Sea Air Control Area is under our management.

With PLAAF flying close to Sabah and Brunei last year, we can only LLST.

I had asked you previously, who started 1st and 2nd Taiwan Straits Crisis?

In my humble opinion, the Chinese world wide can only raise their head up after Taiwan goes back to China. Hongkong only brings a smile to China and Taiwan will be the holy grail. For thousands of years, China has been under oppression from foreign pressures. If I am not wrong, they will never go back to the old days especially when they grew bigger and stronger for the past 2 decades. 

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Krieger said:

In my humble opinion, the Chinese world wide can only raise their head up after Taiwan goes back to China. Hongkong only brings a smile to China and Taiwan will be the holy grail. For thousands of years, China has been under oppression from foreign pressures. If I am not wrong, they will never go back to the old days especially when they grew bigger and stronger for the past 2 decades. 

I am very sure any country or their citizens would feel the same, such as Vietnam for example. History have shown and proven beyond doubts who are the aggressors and why, but somehow there are still people loving the pass and hoping that history is wrong. My offence but surely we all don't want an escalation of tension here in Asia for the interest of Asian. 

1 minute ago, Singa said:

I agree with you comrade. we need to use history as a pretext to justify an invasion, so that we can feel great again 😁

see, our great chairman is giving us good life:

image.png.08807593d28ffa21c1850a6033cfb5fa.png

anyone else yearning for another cultural revolution?

image.png.7e4e7b772a8083cc1f380b0f4d71bf08.png

I am rather sure China will not invade Taiwan by force. It will be on economical aspects of it. If you realize, CCP alike ancient China empires love to build "wall" , either physically or on wall of control. I will not be surprised Xi is doing it now on China. Control is the key thing CCP wants. 

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Krieger said:

I am rather sure China will not invade Taiwan by force. It will be on economical aspects of it. If you realize, CCP alike ancient China empires love to build "wall" , either physically or on wall of control. I will not be surprised Xi is doing it now on China. Control is the key thing CCP wants. 

The USA has poisoned many about invasion which they are expert in doing themselves. Look at India, British slave and bankrupt India but they have the love/hate relationship with their master. Now they about to put a comrade to rule them. 😆

Singapore is smack in Asia, we can only focus on Asia. 

image.thumb.png.aec9c6fbc3ed1b988cc1e507289d9dd1.png

https://thediplomat.com/2014/07/why-defending-taiwan-is-illegal/

Why Defending Taiwan Is Illegal 

The UN Charter prohibits any country from coming to Taiwan’s defense if China invades the island.

By Julian Ku

July 12, 2014   

Credit: Wikimedia Commons

Editor’s Note: This is a guest post by Julian Ku, a law professor at Hofstra University, which responds to a recent Pacific Realist article that argued that Taiwan played a significant if unstated role in Japan’s move toward collective self-defense. This article first appeared on the always excellent Opinio Juris, a one-stop shop for  insightful and timely analysis of IR and current events from an international legal perspective. 

I’ve been swamped with various projects and distractions here in Taiwan (mostly food-related), so I didn’t notice until today this very interesting Zachary Keck post about how Japan’s recent decision to re-interpret its constitutional provision to allow expanded overseas military activities would enable Japan to help defend Taiwan against an attack from China.  It’s a fascinating post, but it also made me think of an interesting wrinkle that cuts against his argument.  It is almost certainly true that international law prohibits any military action by Japan (or the U.S.) to defend Taiwan from a Chinese attack.

In his post, Keck notes that Japan’s decision to reinterpret its constitution does NOT allow Japan to fully exercise its rights to collective self-defense under international law, but it does allow Japan to provide military support to allies where Japan itself is threatened.  But he then argues that even under this more narrow “collective self-defense” right, Japan could (and probably would) intervene to assist Taiwan in a military defense against a Chinese invasion.

I think this could be right as a matter of Japanese constitutional law if an invasion of Taiwan could be plausibly construed as a threat to Japan, but there is a strange international law flaw to this argument.  Under black-letter international law, Japan cannot use military force in Taiwan absent China’s consent, even if the Taiwan government requests its assistance.  Why? Because the UN Charter’s Article 51 only authorizes an act of “collective self-defense if an armed attack occurs against a Member of the United Nations.” Taiwan is not a member of the United Nations, and to make matters worse from Taiwan’s perspective, Japan recognizes the government in Beijing as the rightful government of China, and Japan further recognizes that Taiwan is part of China.

So unless Japan is able to plausibly claim that an attack on Taiwan triggers Japan’s own inherent self-defense right (and I think this is a non-starter as a legal argument), and unless a Chinese invasion could be said to justify humanitarian intervention (another very difficult argument), Japan would violate the U.N. Charter if it used military force in a way that violated the territorial integrity of another UN member (China).  Japan could not invoke its collective self-defense rights unless it recognized Taiwan as an independent nation.  And even that would probably not be enough to satisfy international law requirements, since Japan’s unilateral recognition of Taiwan as an independent state would not necessarily satisfy international law either.  And good luck, Taiwan, getting U.N. membership.

Enjoying this article? Click here to subscribe for full access. Just $5 a month.

By the way, this analysis applies equally (or even with greater force) to the United States.  The U.S. quasi-defense guarantee to Taiwan has it completely backwards (from a legal point of view):

If Taiwan declares independence, the U.S. has signaled it would not consider itself bound to defend Taiwan against a Chinese invasion. Yet that would be (at least in theory) one state (China) committing aggression against another state (Taiwan), and almost certainly illegal.

If Taiwan keeps the status quo and does not declare independence, and China still invades, the U.S. has signaled that it would come to Taiwan’s defense. But that would be one state (China) using force within its own territory to put down secessionists (a la Ukraine) and almost certainly legal.

So the U.S. (and maybe Japan) are now committed to defend Taiwan only in a situation that would require the U.S. and Japan to violate the U.N. Charter.  It’s international-law-bizarro world!

Of course, this bizarro-from-a-legal-point-of-view policy suits U.S. purposes, since it is the policy most likely to avoid military conflict with China.  But it also reveals how use of force rules in the U.N. Charter have little relevance to shaping the behavior of the U.S., Japan (and probably China) in any conflict over Taiwan.  Japan and the U.S. should (and probably are) ready to ignore these legal rules when making their determinations about whether to defend Taiwan.  And all in all, that’s a good thing (especially while I am still here in Taipei!).

• Haha! 3

In short, on surface China might be going heads on with US. However China knows very well they are not powerful enough yet to do so until the day China has their own finance system alike to FEDs dominance. US just need to raise rates by 100 B.points and they will recoup war expenses in Afghan for the past 10 years. They are like the "loan Shark" of the world. Question is why they have such ability? Its because hundred thousands of Americans who died in the past wars make it so. For the sacrifices they made, they form the world systems, from health to finance. 

Soviet Union used to be a threat, but no longer and China steps in to fill up the void. China companies are encouraged to use RMB for trades and it is still a long way for them to reduce the dependency on USD. 

What I am worried now is some fractions might want to stir up a war in our region and that will be bad. Look at Ukraine, you think the weapons given to them is free? NOPE. They are mostly tied to deals for grains and repayment schemes. 

As I always said, its all about money and nothing else...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1