Loss of use clause

neoki_29

Some insurers are charging an extra premium for loss of use. Is this a necessary clause/rider to have? To my understanding, if you are claiming against another party, you can rent a car and still submit it as a claim like medical. Only when you are claiming against your own insurance is where this loss of use is needed, renting a car and trying to claim rental cost while repairs are ongoing. Is my understanding correct?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Internal Moderator
48 minutes ago, neoki_29 said:

Some insurers are charging an extra premium for loss of use. Is this a necessary clause/rider to have? To my understanding, if you are claiming against another party, you can rent a car and still submit it as a claim like medical. Only when you are claiming against your own insurance is where this loss of use is needed, renting a car and trying to claim rental cost while repairs are ongoing. Is my understanding correct?

Yea. some called it courtesy car. Someone have to pay for it right? 🤣

Nowadays still provide courtesy car? Thought they just compensate you by giving daily amount due to loss of use?

Supersonic

I got a courtesy car from Daimler fleet management when I claim under own MB insurance 

They gave me an E class. Now i understand why many towkays drive slow n oblivious in them.....lol

• Haha! 2

3 hours ago, Soya said:

I got a courtesy car from Daimler fleet management when I claim under own MB insurance 

They gave me an E class. Now i understand why many towkays drive slow n oblivious in them.....lol

When I had my AMG GT in for an ECU remap under warranty, they gave me an S400 for a bit.

In the sportiest mode, I almost fell asleep at the wheel.

In the most comfortable mode, I almost threw up because the damn suspension was so bouncy.

Cannot tahan lah!🤣

I am still so much more a BMW guy. Even their luxo-barges, like the 7-series are serious performers when you push them.

Sorry @mersaylee hor, I call them (non-AMG cars) Mersilly now. 😁

Edited by Turboflat4
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 5