How Could This Have Happened?

Fitvip

@inlinesix Well sometime BMW Asia is crazy,for giving Options,my F22 M240i have less Equipments/Options than a 230i M-Sport...despite A near $40,000 more price tag.

Edited by ER-3682
  • Haha! 3

4 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

@Vratenza Anyway,once you remove the Badge,very few People will know is it a 730 or 740.

That's why I say smallest capacity for the biggest face value mah... :D

Just like the lancer "evo", unless the person is a car enthusiast, he will not be able to differentiate a debadged or anyhow rebadged car model. 

I have seen many "M5" "M3" "Evo" "STI" "TypeR" "GTi/R" "S3" "S5"... There will always be some details that they will miss out to complete the transformation (eg. Brakes calipers, rotor size, fender flare, rear axle differential) Of course the exhaust note will be the main giveaway other than the traffic light getaway speed. 

• Praise 1

13 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

@inlinesix Well sometime BMW Asia is crazy,for giving Options,my F22 M240i have less Equipments/Options than a 230i M-Sport...despite A near $40,000 more price tag.

Yeah, when I was considering the M240i few years ago, also came to the same conclusion. The SE told me to just think that the premium goes towards the engine and performance. I cannot sleep with that... I guess 😛

• Haha! 1

When I look at the car tyre " Chui " until like that, I could have take look at the car owner as well, possibility he/she don't bothered about what was outside the car, most importantly was the interior, step accelerator and go type.

If the car do not belong to the owner, thy would just drive till petrol is empty, dont car about Tar temp gauge, tyre pressure or engine management issue appear on dash board, or when was the last service and battery check . . .!! Waiting for things to happen naturally . . .

I take care of Car battery, Car tyre ( pressure ) & Car brakes/ pad, rotors all the times, daily and weekly physical checks is a must.

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, ER-3682 said:

@Vratenza Anyway,once you remove the Badge,very few People will know is it a 730 or 740.

Any car that’s been debadged is likely to be the entry level model, or the top model.

Last time you must push to find out. Nowadays can check with LTA Onemotoring.

• Praise 5

Supercharged
2 hours ago, Macrosszero said:

Any car that’s been debadged is likely to be the entry level model, or the top model.

Last time you must push to find out. Nowadays can check with LTA Onemotoring.

I wish someone can do an apps

using the camera to point at the car, capturing the number plate

then the apps automatic retrieve the data from onemotoring road tax inquiry to show the details, live on the screen

that is like having bionic eyes, can see what is under the clothes, real time 😁

identify-car-thumbnail.jpg

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

7 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

But the power. Oh god, the power. And the torque. Intoxicating. 

I know you said you don't drive fast, but the extra power is not wasted on me lol. I reflash also (thanks for the lobang btw). 😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

On 8/6/2022 at 10:00 PM, Vid said:

I drove my last car, a F10 BMW, for 8 years going through 4 sets of RFT tyres with over 160k km. Over that period, I had had 5 or 6 punctures due to nails. Each time they were patched without issues at a tyre shop. RFTs have their benefits because many times I found out about the nail when driving. And every time, I can drive to my destination, finish my meeting and proceed to the workshop without a hinge of a problem. The only downside is not exceeding 80km/h. That is a good 30-50km drive without having to call a tow truck or pump air to the tyres.

That kind of damage to the tyre in the pic is very rare.

Yea, same here. Last time when i was driving my F20 on run flats, had a few nails punctures too and if not because of the TPMS warning, i'd have no idea at all that the tyre is low on pressure.

Another benefit of run flats could be (i suspect), due the thick sidewalls, it is less susceptible for a tyre blow out when u hit a pothole. Very useful for travelling in Malaysia.

That said, i don't understand how can anyone miss out the TPMS low pressure warning in a BMW... it's quite darn obvious on the screen and there is warning sound also.

• Praise 5

2 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

But the power. Oh god, the power. And the torque. Intoxicating. 

I know you said you don't drive fast, but the extra power is not wasted on me lol. I reflash also (thanks for the lobang btw). 😁

The sound, the feel of the engine revving, the torque, the feeling of control, that carving corner feeling, all adds up to a super addictive feel of the M240! This is something that can never be replaced by electric cars like Teslas.

Edited by Rickster
  • Praise 3

5 minutes ago, Rickster said:

Yea, same here. Last time when i was driving my F20 on run flats, had a few nails punctures too and if not because of the TPMS warning, i'd have no idea at all that the tyre is low on pressure.

Another benefit of run flats could be (i suspect), due the thick sidewalls, it is less susceptible for a tyre blow out when u hit a pothole. Very useful for travelling in Malaysia.

That said, i don't understand how can anyone miss out the TPMS low pressure warning in a BMW... it's quite darn obvious on the screen and there is warning sound also.

That's why I insist to keep my wife's car on RFT while i change mine to non-RFT at the earliest opportunity. 

I can handle a flat once in a long while.... But if I am to handle 2 car's worth of flat... I will go crazy. 

:D

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

4 minutes ago, Rickster said:

The sound, the feel of the engine revving, the torque, the feeling of control, that carving corner feeling, all adds up to a super addictive feel of the M240! This is something that can never be replaced by electric cars like Teslas.

True. Mine is the M140i, but same engine. More practical for an old man with a family. 😁

• Praise 2

10 minutes ago, Rickster said:

Alot of driver misunderstood the sign,  because its rft, even though the sign came up, its still drive normally, so they thought its an error.

Many will look for manuel and reset the tpms to make the low pressure sign go away . Once they do that its gone case. Next time whenever u are puncture the error sign wont come up again.

But currently some latest model of car that use indv internal tpms for each wheel dun need reset any more ( or simply dun have the function to reset etc ) 

• Praise 3

9 hours ago, Beregond said:

Alot of driver misunderstood the sign,  because its rft, even though the sign came up, its still drive normally, so they thought its an error.

Many will look for manuel and reset the tpms to make the low pressure sign go away . Once they do that its gone case. Next time whenever u are puncture the error sign wont come up again.

But currently some latest model of car that use indv internal tpms for each wheel dun need reset any more ( or simply dun have the function to reset etc ) 

Many drivers, especially aunties are clueless about how cars work mechanically.... So it is getting the husband or bf to reset the tire low pressure indicator and as you said, as long as the car can still run, they don't care and continue driving. 

To many of them, the dashboard warning signs are just "friendly suggestions"...and long as my car is running, Don't worry about it... Warning light goes away after i press a few buttons? Lagi best! 

• Haha! 7

33 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

Many drivers, especially aunties are clueless about how cars work mechanically.... So it is getting the husband or bf to reset the tire low pressure indicator and as you said, as long as the car can still run, they don't care and continue driving. 

To many of them, the dashboard warning signs are just "friendly suggestions"...and long as my car is running, Don't worry about it... Warning light goes away after i press a few buttons? Lagi best! 

To them no need to bother on all the warning signs that beep up on the dashboard la, cause even car breakdown also no need to scare since very easy to call for help or tow truck in sg lo. Lol.

↡ Advertisement