Opting For Landline For Phone Calls

Didu

2 hours ago, BanCoe said:

I asked a friend why they keep a landline ….. he said in case of a country wide internet outage of sorts …..then the land line will hold true …… this was a conversation I had more than 10 years back ….. dunno if he still kept the land line in US 

He probably also have a doomsday bunker dug underground and 1 yr supply of water and necessities? 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 5

land line good in case power failure/blackout, or forget to pay utility bill cos electricity bill too high nowadays. 

• Haha! 1

18 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

Can lah, years ago when i was on starhub fibre, also used a normal phone (Dect) to plug into the starhub modem. Can count with 1 hand how many times I use the line... Got many real estate agent or scam callers though... In the end when I change fibre provider, decided not to plug in the digital line. 

It does not work for me le.

My mum still have a landline at her residential as well. The number we have its since pre era of digit "6" till now. 😭 Paying quarterly 30 plus for that line.

Using it for oversea/local family members chatting only!

6 minutes ago, Kopites said:

My mum still have a landline at her residential as well. The number we have its since pre era of digit "6" till now. 😭 Paying quarterly 30 plus for that line.

Using it for oversea/local family members chatting only!

Check her bill sometimes when you are there. Singtel add in some unnecessary service like call waiting, etc.

I didn’t know until I check the bill thoroughly. Saved $5 a month from then on.

• Praise 5

4 hours ago, 13177 said:

Dun think it is consider a land line.

3 hours ago, Inlinefour said:

Digital voice 

Lidat, i am totally digital. 😅

• Haha! 2

One more thing about land line is you actually take the effort to memorize phone numbers. Still can remember my friends home number till now.

• Praise 2

Supersonic

Landline cut when my kids grew up and no longer found it fun and funny to entertain cold calling property agents. They used to have tons of free entertainment irritating cold callers

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

4 hours ago, Fitvip said:

I have a cordless phone attached to the set up retaining my landline number. 

I receive occasional calls from family members and relatives, frequent calls from scammer health ministry and cpf and repeated wrong number calls.

I dont find the need to use a landline, just use the digital line from the modem. Even with that, also no receive calls, only using mobile phone.

Then one day my digital line phone suddenly rings, scare die me, after picking up the call and it was from those scammer health ministry! 😤

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 6

I give up my Home's Land Lines 3 Months ago,Since my Parents are Old & don't know how to make Phone Calls anymore,i paid my Maid $10.00 a Month for her Hi-Card Top Up.

• Praise 3

4 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Check her bill sometimes when you are there. Singtel add in some unnecessary service like call waiting, etc.

I didn’t know until I check the bill thoroughly. Saved $5 a month from then on.

Will do so. Thanks.

• Praise 1

17 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

One more thing about land line is you actually take the effort to memorize phone numbers. Still can remember my friends home number till now.

Maybe dementia cases rising. No one making the effort to memorise phone numbers anymore.. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

When i first move into my flat i got a landline... quite shiok that time to finally get one. After a few years when we decide to drop Stinktel cable we decided to scrap the whole package including landline... only ppl who ever used it was school or spam... even trying to find a good place to put the phone was troublesome ended up in our cupboard next to hidden outlet lol

• Haha! 3

20 minutes ago, Ender said:

Maybe dementia cases rising. No one making the effort to memorise phone numbers anymore.. 

Not only no one take the effort to memorise phone numbers, but also no more record phone numbers in hard copy. Now all people depend on the contact list in their phone, so if the phone lost or cannot work, means cannot contact anyone liao.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

17 minutes ago, yishunite said:

When i first move into my flat i got a landline... quite shiok that time to finally get one. After a few years when we decide to drop Stinktel cable we decided to scrap the whole package including landline... only ppl who ever used it was school or spam... even trying to find a good place to put the phone was troublesome ended up in our cupboard next to hidden outlet lol

Landline now can only be found in my parents era kind of people house. I still hear phone ringing in my elderly neighbour house quite often, those really old school type of ringing sound lo. Lol. Young families house dont think can find landline. All 100% depend on their mobile phone. Some even never use their digital phone line.

↡ Advertisement