Manchester United 2022/2023

Locknload

ManU 1 (Rashford) - Wolves 0 (EPL - Away)

Employing a 4-2-3-1 formation, Martial was the main man flanked by Garnacho, Bruno and Antony with Casemiro and Eriksen in mid. The defensive quartet comprised Malacia, Shaw, Varane and AWB with DDG in goal. Not much in attacking flair with Martial, Garnacho, Bruno and Eriksen having a quiet game and Nil score in the first half.

With early substitutions in Rashford and Fred for Garnacho and Eriksen and later by Van Der Beek, Maguire and Elanga for Martial, Bruno and Antony, it was Rashford who scored in the 75th minute for his 11th goal of the season and not being started for the game due to a disciplinary issue, he displayed tenacity and made all the difference to this lack-lustre MU display.

↡ Advertisement

6 minutes ago, Locknload said:

ManU 1 (Rashford) - Wolves 0 (EPL - Away)

Employing a 4-2-3-1 formation, Martial was the main man flanked by Garnacho, Bruno and Antony with Casemiro and Eriksen in mid. The defensive quartet comprised Malacia, Shaw, Varane and AWB with DDG in goal. Not much in attacking flair with Martial, Garnacho, Bruno and Eriksen having a quiet game and Nil score in the first half.

With early substitutions in Rashford and Fred for Garnacho and Eriksen and later by Van Der Beek, Maguire and Elanga for Martial, Bruno and Antony, it was Rashford who scored in the 75th minute for his 11th goal of the season and not being started for the game due to a disciplinary issue, he displayed tenacity and made all the difference to this lack-lustre MU display.

Very sad for maguire, start for england,
But now even luke shaw got in front of him for a centre back position

16 hours ago, Beregond said:

Very sad for maguire, start for england,
But now even luke shaw got in front of him for a centre back position

Unlike Shaw, Maguire's form for England in the recent WCup was inconsistent and average at best, which ETH would have noted.

Another one is VDBeek, who wasn't even selected for Van Gaal's WC team and his impact as an MU sub has been negligible.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Locknload said:

Unlike Shaw, Maguire's form for England in the recent WCup was inconsistent and average at best, which ETH would have noted.

Another one is VDBeek, who wasn't even selected for Van Gaal's WC team and his impact as an MU sub has been negligible.

Another one is VDBeek, who wasn't even selected for Van Gaal's WC team and his impact as an MU sub has been negligible

Is it?? i didnt focus alot on the match, but i notice he got into good position with the ball on a few occasion during man u counter, got 1 time didnt give the proper pass.

• Praise 1

On 1/1/2023 at 6:29 PM, Beregond said:

Another one is VDBeek, who wasn't even selected for Van Gaal's WC team and his impact as an MU sub has been negligible

Is it?? i didnt focus alot on the match, but i notice he got into good position with the ball on a few occasion during man u counter, got 1 time didnt give the proper pass.

ETH seems to have an emotional attachment for him from days at Ajax when they won the Eredivisie but VDB has not been selected since Ole and Rangnick's time and not considered an impact-sub since then. With Casemiro, Eriksen plus McFred with those from the Academy, his days at MU should be numbered.

• Praise 1

Weghorst on loan to MU!

For 6 months to maintain top-four position but will just be stand-in for injury-prone Martial as Rashford is on-form. Not much of a standing at Burnley but more prominent and noticed by John Murtough and ETH in the recent World Cup where this 6.6 foot striker scored 2 goals against Argentina in the q-finals. Although mot playing vs MC later, a reprieve in the process to replace CR7 to continue after the season is over!

MANCHESTER, England: Manchester United have signed Dutch striker Wout Weghorst on loan until the end of the season from Championship club Burnley, the Premier League side said on Friday (Jan 13).

"I've played against the club in the past and it's a fantastic feeling to now have the chance to pull on the famous red shirt," the 30-year-old Weghorst said.....//cna

ManU 2 (Rashford / Bruno) - ManC 1 (EPL - Home)

It was a 4-5-1 system with Martial up front to control the midfield which was a lesson learnt from the previous 6-3 drubbing during ETH's early days. We had more of the chances as De Bruyne was checked by Fred and Haaland was kept out of play by our defence. 

The ineffective Martial was replaced by Antony at the start of the 2nd half and ManC replaced Fodden with Grealish who scored with a header from De Bruyne's cutback. With Garnacho coming on for Eriksen and he provided the impetus for the goal by Rashford in the 78th minute (in his 9th successive game) and the controversial goal by Bruno in the 82nd minute (VAR decided that Rashford did not touch the ball although he was in an offside position) and ETH defended the lead at all costs by replacing Rashford, Casemiro and Malacia with Maguire, Martinez and Mctominay. We are in 3rd on the table and moving on. GGMU!

ManU 2 (Rashford/ Martinez) - Arsenal 3 (EPL -Away)

It was Weghorst in front, flanked by Rashford, Bruno and Antony while Eriksen and Mctominay (who replaced Casemiro due Yellow card suspension) in midfield. With his 20th goal of the season, Rashford scored in the 17th minute when he drilled his shot into the bottom right corner but Arsenal's Nketiah levelled the score in the 23rd minute. It was apparent that Weghorst could not create chances with his striker's role in not being able to bring the ball into the penalty box when passes were made by Antony, Eriksen and Shaw, a fact with Arsenal having 19 chances as compared to us with only 2 in the penalty box.

A goal by Saka in the 52nd minute saw Martinez level the score with his low-diving header (being height-challenged) in the 59th minute but it was Arsenal who walked away with the spoils when they scored in the 89th minute. A blip on ETH's tactical nous who only made replacements for Antony (yellow carded) for Fred and only bringing on Ganarcho in the final minute when Weghorst, Mctominay and Eriksen were plain ineffective.

6 hours ago, Locknload said:

ManU 2 (Rashford/ Martinez) - Arsenal 3 (EPL -Away)

It was Weghorst in front, flanked by Rashford, Bruno and Antony while Eriksen and Mctominay (who replaced Casemiro due Yellow card suspension) in midfield. With his 20th goal of the season, Rashford scored in the 17th minute when he drilled his shot into the bottom right corner but Arsenal's Nketiah levelled the score in the 23rd minute. It was apparent that Weghorst could not create chances with his striker's role in not being able to bring the ball into the penalty box when passes were made by Antony, Eriksen and Shaw, a fact with Arsenal having 19 chances as compared to us with only 2 in the penalty box.

A goal by Saka in the 52nd minute saw Martinez level the score with his low-diving header (being height-challenged) in the 59th minute but it was Arsenal who walked away with the spoils when they scored in the 89th minute. A blip on ETH's tactical nous who only made replacements for Antony (yellow carded) for Fred and only bringing on Ganarcho in the final minute when Weghorst, Mctominay and Eriksen were plain ineffective.

Man u miss Casemiro.

Mctominay is decent defensively, but his passing or through pass cannot match Casemiro.

Weghorst is no use, other then link up play, he didnt offer any thing in attack

Martial is much better and suit man u counter attack play more, but he keep inj.

I would play ELANGA or ganarcho over Weghorst

Shaw didnt do good enough vs saka, i think he scare saka go pass him, he give saka way too much space.

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, Beregond said:

Man u miss Casemiro.

Mctominay is decent defensively, but his passing or through pass cannot match Casemiro.

Weghorst is no use, other then link up play, he didnt offer any thing in attack

Martial is much better and suit man u counter attack play more, but he keep inj.

I would play ELANGA or ganarcho over Weghorst

Shaw didnt do good enough vs saka, i think he scare saka go pass him, he give saka way too much space.

The overly-hyped Weghorst was not effective and credit to Arsenal whose players could outrun our defenders and overan our midfield to camp in our half most of the match. Substitutions could have been made much earlier and the pointless replacement of Varane for Ganarcho  to attack in the final minutes showed-up ETH's lack of initiative in having others on the bench to come on much earlier was apparent. Also, the midweek and weekend matches have taken a toll on our defence, with opponents scoring last minute goals.

• Praise 1

Bad, but correct result.

They did everything that little bit better than us. Might be good that we get the notion of trying to win the league out of our heads, and just focus on winning the next game. Getting Champ's League football would be important to attract the best talent.

Weghorst was never going to be the answer. Not when he was feeding off scraps. Also, we are not going to see him being wavelength compatible with the team after just 2 or so weeks of EtH training. As a stopgap, i think too many are having too high expectations of him.

Saka is the player that Antony should aspire to be. Also Antony was lucky to be on the pitch IMO. Shoved the Arse defender(forgot who but i think it was Gabriel) with 2 hands after he got annoyed one time too many.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Genes said:

Bad, but correct result.

They did everything that little bit better than us. Might be good that we get the notion of trying to win the league out of our heads, and just focus on winning the next game. Getting Champ's League football would be important to attract the best talent.

Weghorst was never going to be the answer. Not when he was feeding off scraps. Also, we are not going to see him being wavelength compatible with the team after just 2 or so weeks of EtH training. As a stopgap, i think too many are having too high expectations of him.

Saka is the player that Antony should aspire to be. Also Antony was lucky to be on the pitch IMO. Shoved the Arse defender(forgot who but i think it was Gabriel) with 2 hands after he got annoyed one time too many.

From 18th on the table in the early days, to a top-four CL qualification posit is already a great achievement for ETH and he has definitely surpassed his KPI's including having rid of toxic CR7, which has turned for the best for both parties.

Having said that he wants only quality signings (and having known him since 16yo), the fans expected Weghorst to plug the gap when ETH signed him but the past two matches have shown that his positioning is out of sorts, compared to previous stop-gap signings like Ighalo, Cavani and prior to that of Ibra and Lukaku who left as they did not fit the bill of play. Even in defence against Arsenal yesterday, most of the balls were cleared by Varane and Mctominay - given his height and built. 

ManU 3 (Casemiro x 2 / Fred) - Reading 1 (FA Cup - Home)

With De Gea in goal, Weghorst was supported by Rashford, Bruno and Antony on the flanks with Eriksen and Casemiro in midfield and the defence comprised Malacia, Lindelof, Maguire and AWB. Save for Rashford's goal which was ruled offside marginally from Weghorst's position, our chances were plentiful with 82% possession but yielded no result at halftime.

A goal by Casemiro in the 54th minute from Antony's pass (MOTM) was followed by another 4 minutes later and Fred scored minutes later after Andy Carol was sent off. Replacements followed after the comfortable lead, with Ganarcho, Pellistri, Elanga and Mainoo coming on for Rashford, Bruno, Weghorst and Casemiro. Although Reading scored a consolation goal, we are the only EPL team in contention for all 4 trophies and attaining anyone of these will confirm ETH's role as the best Manager after SAF, with the massive progress and transformation he's made.

2 hours ago, Locknload said:

ManU 3 (Casemiro x 2 / Fred) - Reading 1 (FA Cup - Home)

With De Gea in goal, Weghorst was supported by Rashford, Bruno and Antony on the flanks with Eriksen and Casemiro in midfield and the defence comprised Malacia, Lindelof, Maguire and AWB. Save for Rashford's goal which was ruled offside marginally from Weghorst's position, our chances were plentiful with 82% possession but yielded no result at halftime.

A goal by Casemiro in the 54th minute from Antony's pass (MOTM) was followed by another 4 minutes later and Fred scored minutes later after Andy Carol was sent off. Replacements followed after the comfortable lead, with Ganarcho, Pellistri, Elanga and Mainoo coming on for Rashford, Bruno, Weghorst and Casemiro. Although Reading scored a consolation goal, we are the only EPL team in contention for all 4 trophies and attaining anyone of these will confirm ETH's role as the best Manager after SAF, with the massive progress and transformation he's made.

funny to see maguire still wearing the armband

• Haha! 1

Manchester United is pleased to confirm that Marcel Sabitzer has joined the club on loan from Bayern Munich until June 2023.

The Austrian midfielder has made 443 career club appearances across Europe, including 54 since joining FC Bayern Munich in August 2021.

Previously he was club captain of RB Leipzig. He has 68 full international caps for the Austria national team. 

Marcel Sabitzer said: “Sometimes in life you have to make quick and important decisions. From the moment I heard about this opportunity I knew it was right for me. I am a competitive player; I want to win and help the club achieve its aims this season. 

“I feel that I am at my peak as a player, and that I can contribute a lot of experience and energy to the squad. I am excited to start with my new team-mates and manager and to show my qualities to Manchester United fans.”